Wrestling Forum banner

Has there being the like Hardy/Sting match in WWE History

6852 Views 52 Replies 38 Participants Last post by  Tronnik
After watching the TNA main event from victory road (Jeff Hardy vs Sting) and the farce that it was I was wondering has anything like that match happened in WWE history before?

Im aware of the Lesnar-Goldberg match but any other examples?

Im just a fan trying to expand my knowledge.

(oh and I realise I have messed up the thread title, missing 'a match')
1 - 20 of 53 Posts

· Registered
484 Posts
Rey vs JBL for the Intercontinental Championship at Wrestlemania 25 was completely shit.

· Registered
2,169 Posts
I think if My memoory is right once have diesel beat Bob Backlund clean for the wwe title in about 5 seconds but that wasnt on tv if i'm right
yeah,it was at the end of 1994,it pretty much started the worst year in wwe/f history.

· Registered
5,005 Posts
Rock vs Big Bossman at Survivor Series 1999 I think it was, that match lasted less then a minute and it was for the WWF title, I think it's also on YouTube.
I believe this is all convoluted and fucked up
#1-Big Show was champ during SS99
#2-Rock vs Bossman was SS98 and it was a tournament not a title match but yes it was relatively short.

· Registered
2,169 Posts
Yeah that was a pretty bad year didnt Diesel have a very long title reign? They they never put the title on him again after he lost it if i'm right
it lasted a year,that was strange enough but then to make matters worse they had him in feuds with other garbage like psycho sid and mabel while top stars like hbk,undertaker and bret could have carried him to decent matches were also stuck in pointless feuds with midcard fodder.i'll never be able to understand why the year of 1995 was booked as badly as this.

· Registered
4,666 Posts
Hart vs McMahon and Triple H vs Randy Orton were much worse in terms of match.

Warrior and Honky Tonk Man was short.

· Banned
4,446 Posts
For the WWE title? Never seen them allow that to happen on television but you could say what Vince did to Bret Hart in 1997 at Survivor Series was pretty much the worst crime in WWF history. He broke the rules and dishonored a finish to a guy who was more loyal than his own son.

· Squared Circle Gimmick
5,566 Posts
Everything above this post was a work though. (maybe Goldberg vs Lesnar wasn't but... They still gave the fans something.)

I've never seen anything as bad as last night, & a World Title match? :no:

At least the participants in the "Finger Poke of Doom" were not stoned out of their skull...

Im embarrassed for Jeff Hardy.

· Registered
5,432 Posts
there has been quick finishes but never a match where a wrestler was too drugged up to wrestle and they had to end the match early. WWE is a professional company and would never allow wrestler to appear on the show in front of fans like that. It has more respect for it's fans safety and also the people buying the ppv.

If a wrestler ever turned up like jeff hardy they would replace him and send him home. TNA on the other hand is a disgrace and should be sued

1 - 20 of 53 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.