Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know a lot of people weren't even sure but when Riddle forgot his lines, I kinda liked that. It suited his character and it wasn't unnatural for him. Also, Ali's injury was the thing that kickstarted KofiMania in 2019. If Ali had wrestled there, I don't Kofi would've gotten his WrestleMania moment.

·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ali's injury isn't a botch it's an injury where somebody got the fill in and ended up getting an opportunity.

Titus Worldslide lead to one of the most Humorous moments in WWE history though.
Didn't Randy Orton botch the move or something? Because Kofi wasn't even supposed to be in the match.

·
Lifting weights and eating steaks
19,827 Posts
Not directly but I feel Owen Harts botched piledriver on Austin made him even more over, allowed him to be alot more creative and inventive due to not being able to wrestle and set him further on his way to being the megastar he was.

·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter #14 (Edited)
About Bryan, the botch where he choked out Justin Roberts (?) with his tie in the Nexus Invasion and was subsequently fired made his return a big deal. I'd say that worked out well.
That wasn't a botch. I'm pretty sure I heard it was scripted. But WWE didn't know the sponsors would get really upset. The original plan I think was to release him, wait until the dust settled, bring him back. Correct me if I'm wrong though.

·
Registered
5,113 Posts
First thing that comes to mind is the Nia botch when she punched Becky.

The Montreal Screwjob led to the Mr. McMahon character and gave us the Austin feud.

Reactions: DammitChrist

·
The optimistic Asuka fan
5,074 Posts
There was RR, where people left the ring at the very same time by mistake and WWF turned that into big story.

·
Registered
6,049 Posts
Again, like Ali. Becky getting punched in the face wasn't a botch. Austin getting hurt. It was an injury.

Because if we are gonna list all the times someone got injured, and the other wrestler, or different wrestler, or injured wrestler went on to better things.. I could list hundreds of examples.

1 - 20 of 46 Posts