Wrestling Forum banner

21 - 40 of 40 Posts

·
Banned
1,315 Posts
Bring back the Diva's title as we need more titles for the women. Put that on 1 show and the women's tag titles on the other show.

·
Forever Blissful
1,667 Posts
They've alluded to it for former Divas champs on occasion. Like when Paige retired, she outright mentioned the Divas title, but Cole just alluded to it saying she debuted and won THE championship that night.

·
Currently lying down wearing a blue suit
10,580 Posts
Considering 5 of the last 6 women’s champions out of (Carmella, Ronda, Alexa, Nia, Naomi and Charlotte ) can’t actually wrestle we’re not particularly far way from the Divas era.

The butterfly belt may as well come back.
Charlotte Flair can wrestle :armfold

·
Registered
11,339 Posts
WWE are not burying that era as opposed to trying to have fans forget what they did during that period circa 2004-12.

They threw a 19 year old Kelly Kelly with maybe a week of training onto ppv and had her wrestle where she didn't know how to cut promos, sell, bump or anything. They proceeded then to have her learn and fuck up in front of millions of fans weekly for next 6 years.

That was one example but you had diva search and women wrestling on live TV when they had no training whatsoever. Pushing girls only because they got their photos in Playboy, extremely short matches or botch filled matches with girls that had no right to be on TV at that moment in time which meant fans stopped caring about women's wrestling completely when Trish and lita had mainevented raw just a few years earlier. You had the bullshit with Cole in 2010, santino as women's champion, every woman involved in some sort of love angle with a male wrestler.

It's not that wwe wants you to forget the Bella's or Beth Phoenix or Kelly or McCool etc, it's that they want you to forget all the bullshit and terrible booking they put the women through from 2004-12.

·
Benson, Charisma and Camila Mendes Fan. King Of Th
16,198 Posts
Considering 5 of the last 6 women’s champions out of (Carmella, Ronda, Alexa, Nia, Naomi and Charlotte ) can’t actually wrestle we’re not particularly far way from the Divas era.

The butterfly belt may as well come back.
Ronda and Charlotte can't wrestle? fpalm

·
Registered
1,048 Posts
They're pretending the belt didn't exist but as for the era, most of the women are still wrestling/employed by the company today: Mickie James, Alicia Fox, Naomi, Natalya, the Bellas.

Plus Tamina is still employed, Maryse still makes regular appearances and is about to get back in the ring, Beth did commentary for the MYC, etc.

·
Registered
1,048 Posts
I really wish Beth Phoenix was a regular in ring now. So many people she could wrestle. A lot of her last year or more was wasted having to wrestle the likes of Kelly Kelly or Candice Michelle.
Okay you can attack Kelly, but Beth's matches with Candice were great imo as was their feud. She even credits her match against Candice at Unforgiven as her favorite match.

·
Registered
1,958 Posts
How so? (Not attacking just want to know your opinion).
She was boring, had no charisma, and she was a below average promo worker.

She steamrolled through the entire division. Do I really need to bring up Piggy James and how they booked Melina against her?

Even when she wasn't the champion, she was the main focus of the Diva's Division and if the champion wasn't feuding with her, they were put into the backburner just like all the other divas.

Layla couldn't even get her own damn title reign in 2010. They just HAD to find a way to make it all about Michelle (which was a huge problem regarding LayCool besides the fact that I thought Michelle was a miscast from the very beginning).

They had no idea what they wanted her to be. This intimidating bully (which was laughable) or this cowardly chickenshit heel.

They tried EVERYTHING to get her over (pairing up with Vickie, Piggy James storyline, storyline with Trish Stratus, etc) and the crowd STILL didn't give two craps about her. Instead of giving up on her (like they would've did anybody else), they continued to shove her down our throats.

Those forced title accomplishments, First Ever Divas Champion, First Ever Diva to win both titles, and the diva to Unify the Divas and Women's Championship and that last one doesn't even make sense considering Layla was the ACTUAL champion going into that match.

Her lack of talent didn't warrant the push she was getting. You would've thought she was the next Trish Stratus from the way they were pushing her. Her being with Undertaker around the same time her push started also doesn't do her any favors either.

·
Registered
4,342 Posts
I really wish Beth Phoenix was a regular in ring now. So many people she could wrestle. A lot of her last year or more was wasted having to wrestle the likes of Kelly Kelly or Candice Michelle.
I feel the same way about Gail Kim. I would love to see prime Gail Kim vs Sasha Banks, Asuka, and Becky, though I am thankful to Kim that she left WWE back then and we got to see her in some great matches in TNA.

·
Registered
4,342 Posts
The only thing that was wrongly buried is what AJ did during her last good run. I enjoyed her matches. When she dropped the pipe bomb on the "divas" cast, I was hooked.
She, along with Paige, Emma, the four horsewomen, and Asuka deserve the credit for the actual push for women's wrestling in WWE, as opposed to the fake PR "Women's Revolution" that Stephanie takes credit for.

·
Aviary Bro Fist
14,041 Posts
Much like Disney Star Wars, the only way modern "writers" across TV, movies, and entertainment seem to be able to build new chapters of a franchise is to tear down and ruin what came before it so it doesn't outshine the inferior players in the new one. WWE is not as bad with it since I don't recall Trish or Lita being turned to wholesale cowards in all of WWE's revisionist history so I would say no, it's not been totally "buried" but I wouldn't hold your breath to ever see anything of it highlighted again in any amount of a positive light over the Stephanie McMahon ego project revolution.

·
Registered
2,878 Posts
Pretty much, they don't even acknowldege that era and that's including Taker's wife, but then no one liked her anyway. I don't even think they had a single match from that era on the women's wrestling dvd. No Mickie vs Melina matches, no Melina vs McCool, Mickie vs Beth, Melina vs Beth, Mickie vs Melina vs Beth, but they had Stephanie McMahon vs Brie Bella. :lmao

21 - 40 of 40 Posts