Wrestling Forum banner

21 - 39 of 39 Posts

·
The Empire will Reign again
16,487 Posts
I think it's fizzled out because it's been 4 weeks and no answer why he attacked him, and there's never going to be a reason either, just like there's never going to be anything in Rowan's cage.

When Edge returns it's going to be to a big pop and a brawl but they're never going to sit down an have Orton give a reasonable answer why he attacked him and the feud is going to end up feeling like the generic WWE betrayal feud instead of something WM worthy.

·
Registered
22 Posts
I think it's fizzled out because it's been 4 weeks and no answer why he attacked him, and there's never going to be a reason either, just like there's never going to be anything in Rowan's cage.

When Edge returns it's going to be to a big pop and a brawl but they're never going to sit down an have Orton give a reasonable answer why he attacked him and the feud is going to end up feeling like the generic WWE betrayal feud instead of something WM worthy.
Well you do realize there is another 4 weeks till Mania, right? 4 more Raws after tonight so they're gonna draw this out as long as they can. Orton's been drawing a ton of heat anyway, but it just means the explanation better be good. It could just be some "voices in his head" bullshit or maybe they'll do something better.

Look how long it took them to develop the Bray Wyatt/Fiend gimmick before he even had his first match.

·
Premium Member
9,824 Posts

What did you think of the explanation we got?

The delivery was great, and I personally liked the explanation, it fits well with how everything played out in the segment in which Orton attacked Edge (the hesitation before pulling the trigger)

·
Registered
2,260 Posts
This is literally the only reason to watch Wrestlemania. As someone who often has nothing nice to say about this company, they've got the booking of this feud right. Orton is actually trying for the first time in years, so that helps too.

·
Registered
1,721 Posts
It's still hot but it was expected that Beth would get an RKO. Problem is that shes a tough wrestler so it's not shocking. I'd imagine Christian gets involved next and it boils over with Edge returning at WM for a street fight or something.

·
The Empire will Reign again
16,487 Posts
What did you think of the explanation we got?

The delivery was great, and I personally liked the explanation, it fits well with how everything played out in the segment in which Orton attacked Edge (the hesitation before pulling the trigger)
Wow, I'm happy to admit I was wrong, they finally gave an answer and it was good.

Edit: Might've been a little too good, Orton came off really sympathetic. We were supposed to boo him for RKOing Beth but she attacked him not once but twice after he spilt his heart out.

·
Registered
150 Posts
this is the best story/angle in pro wrestling at the moment IMO
im gonna be in tampa for mania and was 100% NOT going to mania itself...i may rethink that JUST bc of this feud

·
Premium Member
9,824 Posts
Wow, I'm happy to admit I was wrong, they finally gave an answer and it was good.

Edit: Might've been a little too good, Orton came off really sympathetic. We were supposed to boo him for RKOing Beth but she attacked him not once but twice after he spilt his heart out.
Yeah it was some good writing for sure. Props to them for it.
I kind of compare Orton's psych as someone who breaks up his friend's relationship because he doesn't think their S/O is good enough for them.. but it might actually be because he's jealous. On another wrestling level here, Orton did it for Edge to be around his family and the way it played with the attack and hesitation it makes sense..but it also could be Orton was just jealous of Edge's return pop. In any case, I think Orton is playing an excellent delusional character.

Ans about Beth, Yeah I agree. Also it's just that Beth isn't that "loved" by the current crowd.
I love Beth and she's one of my all-time favorites, but she's just not getting that much over with the current crowd except a one-off face-off with Nia Jax. All of her pops from last year's WM return, to this year incredible Rumble performance..she stood in the middle of the ring with blood running from her head looking like a bad-ass to a mild pop at best..In an alternate universe where Lita is Edge's wife this would have been much bigger, Lita has a huge fan support whenever she comes out.

·
Banned
499 Posts
Orton is getting nuclear heat, when Edge makes his return and attacks Orton he will get a massive pop. The feud will only get hot from there.
.. why people have this unsatiable urge to blatanly lie about something easily provable is beyond me lol. no he doesn't get nuclear heat AT ALL,he's gettive fucking CHEERS and rko chants lmao

Orton is being cheered. It’s not working at all.
finally someone with a brain omg

only to psychopaths he can come off as sympathetic lol wtf,he's obviously your classic delusional insane full of crap retard,giving pathetic and obviously ridiculous excuses (I mean, ''I nearly killed him cuz I didn't want him to be killed! '' WHAT THE FUCKING FUCK YOU MORONS) etc

·
\m/
23,658 Posts
.. why people have this unsatiable urge to blatanly lie about something easily provable is beyond me lol. no he doesn't get nuclear heat AT ALL,he's gettive fucking CHEERS and rko chants lmao
My post which you quoted is from almost two weeks ago at which point Orton was absolutely getting massively booed so the fact that he got cheers on this past RAW (2 days ago) in no way shape or form makes a statement I made well before then lie.

·
Registered
6,560 Posts
This is what happens when you have two PPV's between the RR and WM. You have to stall. RR should be the last PPV before WM. Maybe move that PPV to February and have the EC in January.

·
TAFKA KroKro
2,673 Posts
No, it's actually doing great. It gives us a sense of realism (something the vanilla midget era is missing) by making Edge seem very hurt with Randy's assault, while Randy Orton becomes a true heel. The flips and kicks so called "Wrestlers" need to watch this rivalry to see what a true storytelling looks like.
I like when people are right, but also have to jam their own opinion in there that is "totally controversial" or whatever. At least you're right, and you tried so hard you botched your own bait. Oops.

·
FOTC
10,488 Posts
It's working well because Edge is selling the storyline. Too often we will see a big injury angle and the injured wrestler will be back the next week or sometimes later in the show.

21 - 39 of 39 Posts