Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
16,214 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I don't know if I'm the only one who thinks this but it kind of feels like Randy Orton has focused more on Matt Hardy in this storyline than Edge ...like Edge is kind of an afterthought. As a matter of fact even Matt Hardy received more injury problems than Edge... I mean I understand that they're trying to continue the story line without Edge being there but it just something seems off LOL

·
Registered
2,441 Posts
They have done well keeping Edge off TV. Orton/Hardy stuff has been the best stuff on Raw IMHO. Orton doing the One-Man Con-Chair-To is good but I would like to see him break out the punt kick to the head at some point.

Orton should target Hawkins and Ryder at some point.

·
The Babyface of WF
10,952 Posts
No of course not it's building towards Edge making a big comeback as Orton is gathering the necessary heat since he's the Heel in the feud.

Matt Hardy is used as a proxy to get Orton over as a sadist which works out best for Orton they need to use Christian next to savor that heat, Having this program rushed isn't a wise idea for a WM build this is why short term angles are frowned upon because fans are impatient.

·
Registered
6,529 Posts
Unpopular take but Edge needs a fresh opponent for WM. Not Orton which we have already seen many times
lol A little late for that now

This rivalry is fine. They have good chemistry and a lot of history to play off of. Who would be a better opponent that we've never seen before, Corbin? Rollins?

·
Registered
4,910 Posts
I was hoping Edge would come back at they have a match at SuperShow Down so Edge could have a fresh opponent for WM, but if they keep Orton destroying associates of his it will be interesting when Edge will return as it was also rumored Christian would be involved and finally get an official last match.

·
Registered
67 Posts
No, it's actually doing great. It gives us a sense of realism (something the vanilla midget era is missing) by making Edge seem very hurt with Randy's assault, while Randy Orton becomes a true heel. The flips and kicks so called "Wrestlers" need to watch this rivalry to see what a true storytelling looks like.

·
Premium Member
16,736 Posts
Orton is getting nuclear heat, when Edge makes his return and attacks Orton he will get a massive pop. The feud will only get hot from there.
I would only add, if Edge is announced to return or comes back and cuts a promo about revenge, either of those instead of straight attacking Orton, then I think the feud will lose steam.

We need Edge to attack Orton, or get a slither of revenge/hope. If tonight's Raw further extends Edge being out and Orton attacking someone else, then I'll say the feud has really cooled off.

·
Registered
510 Posts
Well Beth Phoenix is coming to Raw so I'm pretty sure Randy Orton will do something to her that will have Edge seething to get revenge on Orton. I'm definitely seeing Orton giving Beth the RKO which will allow The Rated R Superstar return to a big pop! Overall the feud has been well booked.

·
Registered
1,333 Posts
if they keep Orton destroying associates of his it will be interesting when Edge will return as it was also rumored Christian would be involved and finally get an official last match.
And Edge/Christian reunion would be nice for Wrestlemania. WWE has always undervalued Christian though.

·
Registered
4,910 Posts
And Edge/Christian reunion would be nice for Wrestlemania. WWE has always undervalued Christian though.
Who knows Edge might have stipulated when resigning that Christian had to have a part that they agreed on as Christian never got an official "last" match.

·
Currently booking tonight’s card...
1,864 Posts
Unpopular take but Edge needs a fresh opponent for WM. Not Orton which we have already seen many times
Also could be that edge feels more comfortable working with randy. I personally think that means a lot to edge returning to the ring after all those years.

Even when HBK came back, he’s highlighted many times, that he knew he could trust Triple H and that made a big difference in him returning to in ring action.

·
Registered
6,820 Posts
Man, I would be totally down if Randy Orton/Edge crossed paths with the Rollins/Owens story and they did a War Games between the sides. Orton, Rollins and his disciples vs. Owens, Edge, Jeff Hardy & The Viking Raiders. Also optional: Take out the Raiders and put in Joe and Black. Or add Bobby Lashley to the heels and either Christian or Rusev to the face side.

Oh, man: Randy Orton, Seth Rollins, Bobby Lashley, Andrade & Murphy vs. Edge, Kevin Owens, Jeff Hardy, Samoa Joe & Aleister Black.

1 - 20 of 39 Posts