Wrestling Forum banner

Has The Rock ever had a bad reputation?

9439 Views 30 Replies 22 Participants Last post by  SAL
Over the the decades, alot of the top guys and mid-carders have had backstage heat. They've been accused of not putting people over. I can't recall anyone one ever bad mouthing the Rock. Cena doesn't count because it was just a simple criticism. There has been no stories that I know of about him being greedy or being an asshole or dickhead to anyone backstage nor other wrestlers.
Kind of like Cena.
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

· Asuka
123,116 Posts
As far as the people in the organization goes, I've never heard about anything. All sources seem to indicate that he's always been a stand up guy who's respected.

As far as the fans go, there's that whole "you sold out" thing that we've been over a billion times, but of course basically everyone that said that is verbally blowing him again now, and that's not what this thread's about anyway.

· Registered
918 Posts
The only thing resembling backstage heat I can remember is some dirtsheets claiming that guys were mad at the Rock for acting "too good for wrestling" at the Hall of Fame induction for Rocky Johnson. Which sounded like contrived bullshit to me, so.

But yeah definitely must be among the most respected guys in the industry.

· You're better than that Cole.
3,991 Posts
To be honest I’ve never heard anything negative about The Rock from a political perspective of backstage behavior or egotistic. He was always known for being one of the most respected men in the wrestling industry. Rock was a good stand out respectful guy, never had problems in making guys better on the microphone with his charisma and energy in bringing out the best in them (Chris Jericho) or putting guys over to atleast make them half as great as he is (Gregory Helms). The only people that says anything negative about The Rock is his fake fans that turned on him of “selling out” when technically he doesn’t owe us a goddamn thing cause he already gave us everything he had within 6-7 years in the business.

The way how his blind haters get on him, you would think Rock was some lousy asshole backstage like Shawn Michaels.

· Banned
4,446 Posts
The only thing resembling backstage heat I can remember is some dirtsheets claiming that guys were mad at the Rock for acting "too good for wrestling" at the Hall of Fame induction for Rocky Johnson. Which sounded like contrived bullshit to me, so.

But yeah definitely must be among the most respected guys in the industry.
Notice that all of those who were supposedly angry about him at the Hall of Fame 2008 were tweeting like little kids last Monday to comment on the excitement he's generated for the entire industry.

· Banned
4,446 Posts
That got worked out 12 years ago though..and that was Foley's own fault for having his kids be subjected to a match that he KNEW the spots and had violence in them.

· Banned
1,903 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I heard there was an issue with Mick Foley after their Rumble I quit match about him going a little overboard with the chairshots and not apologising or thanking Mick or something.
lol. That's it? This dude's reputation is cleaner than a virgin's snatch.

· Banned
266 Posts
I heard there was an issue with Mick Foley after their Rumble I quit match about him going a little overboard with the chairshots and not apologising or thanking Mick or something.
It was featured on "Behind the mat" documentary and i recall Foley meeting Rock in front of cameras right after the match and in my eyes Rocky behaved kinda patronizing or douchy towards Mick,somewhat like when a senior treats junior as sort of a frendo.That was my impression anyway.

· Banned
9,964 Posts
That whole foley situation was worked out, Rock eventually apologized and actually gave Foley a cut of his salary IIRC.

Yeah, here

"
Mark O’Connell: …where the Rock got carried away with a steel chair. Has he ever apologised for what happened?

Mick Foley: Not only has he apologised; he also cuts me in on 10% of his Hollywood profits. "

http://film-reviews.net/#/mick-foley-interview/4517229966

· Banned
266 Posts
That whole foley situation was worked out, Rock eventually apologized and actually gave Foley a cut of his salary IIRC.

Yeah, here

"
Mark O’Connell: …where the Rock got carried away with a steel chair. Has he ever apologised for what happened?

Mick Foley: Not only has he apologised; he also cuts me in on 10% of his Hollywood profits. "

http://film-reviews.net/#/mick-foley-interview/4517229966
OMFG,that was a joke

· Premium Member
2,627 Posts
OMFG,that was a joke
Yeah I'm sure he was joking about the 10% part. Foley mentions in his second book that he confronted Rock about it and The Rock apologized and Mick respected him for owning up to his mistake.

· Registered
2,348 Posts
No, the Rock has never had legit backstage heat. He is a company man first and foremost and when he was here ful-time, he was willing to do the job without question. The Rock was literally the prefect guy to be the face of your organization.

· Registered
1,206 Posts
the rock cut half my yard once.... then my neighbor offered him $5 more to do his

(itll take more than 1 good promo for me to board the "i liked him all along" train)

1 - 20 of 31 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.