Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
520 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The last few weeks I'm sure the IZ has moved to another room or something. You can pretty much count how many rows there are in the main camera position, and see every row right up to the back.

The lighting seems to have been turned up a bit and when the camera turns round to where all the people are sitting at ringside it only looks about 6 rows deep!

What's going on with the number of 'fans' in the IZ?! Seems like even the Crusty/Crucial Crew have given up going (now that is saying something)....

·
Registered
129 Posts
Seems the same to me...

·
Banned
15,929 Posts
It's still the same shit-hole.

·
Registered
3,855 Posts
1. They used to have two soundstages for TNA. 21 would be the Impact Zone and a smaller place had the other sets such as the offices and locker room, etc. They put them all into 21, which is why backstage looks so awful and silly, yet they still have those horrible camera angles which makes backstage so non-believable.

2. The non-camera side of the Impact Zone has the hard camera and the Spanish broadcasting table. Before the HD set, both middle sides were filled up.

3. The place only seats around 1,100. As for the regulars, they probably are sitting somewhere else, the first two tapings of the month generally has the VIP Package holders at the front row. I don't think the Cancer Crew has given up on TNA yet, but remember that after Hard Justice 2007, a lot of the IZ regulars stopped going.

·
Registered
2,078 Posts
It has not moved they (either Universal or TNA) has redesigned the IZ.

·
8,232 Posts
I'll use this pointless thread to go on a small rant on the IZ.

The fucking place draws less than 1/4th of what my High School games used to. I GAURANTEE the product will be a lot more enjoyable if they GTFO of there. Even if the product stays shit, the show will be 100x more bearable to watch in front of a crowd that actually cares for wrestling. A wrestling show has to have PASSION not CAST MEMBERS. Wrestling isn't a fucking sitcom, it's an art, a lifestyle. Seeing some of the greatest talent wrestling's had to offer perform in that place week in and week out just sucks. I really hope TNA has some plans in 2011, and I know Bischoff feels the same way about the IZ so there is hope that he talks Dixie into dipping into daddys pocket and investing in getting TNA on the road much more often. He is a master at that after all.

·
Registered
520 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I noticed this aswell.... it doesnt look any smaller, just less fans make it look empty....
This is what I was thinking, just wasn't sure if it was an optical illusion or what.

I almost felt a bit sorry for Ric Flair walking down the ramp on the last Impact, you could almost hear a pin drop!

·
Registered
3,855 Posts
The Sheikuation™;9062655 said:
I really hope TNA has some plans in 2011, and I know Bischoff feels the same way about the IZ so there is hope that he talks Dixie into dipping into daddys pocket and investing in getting TNA on the road much more often. He is a master at that after all.
It's their own fault that they're not out of the Impact Zone, because if they did a good run with the 2008 PPVs (ie: good attendance rates and promotion), they would have then be able to have a shot at taking Impact on the road. Let's look at the PPV attendances in 2008-2010 which weren't in Orlando:
2008:
Against All Odds: 3,500 (Capacity: 13,571)
Destination X: 3,200 (Capacity: 12,600)
Lockdown: 5,500 (Capacity: 7,800)
Slammiversary: 2,000 (Capacity: 8,411)
Victory Road: 3,000 (Capacity: 8,500)
Hard Justice: 3,500 (Capacity: 8,500)
No Surrender: 3,500 (Capacity: 5,550)
Bound for Glory IV: 5,000 (Capacity: 11,000)

2009:
Genesis: 2,700 (Capacity: 9,605)
Lockdown: 4,500 (Capacity: 10,200)
Slammiversary: 4,000 (Capacity: 22,000+)
Bound for Glory: 2,400 (Capacity: 4,984)

2010:
Lockdown: 3,023 (Capacity: Over 9,000)
Bound for Glory: 3,500 (Capacity: 8,502)
If they promoted their events well (which they don't) and got a good attendance rate from all of them, 2009 could have had a series of trial Impact tapings not at the Impact Zone. If that worked well, perhaps most of them would be outside Orlando in 2010 if the big signings were kept to a minimum and by 2011 when the contract expires, TNA would be out of Universal Studios completely.

They need to promote their shows hard, use decent venues for all events including their house shows (which apparently take place in bad locations) and have a good product. Doing all of this would have not made TNA into the venue mess that it is right now.

·
Registered
784 Posts
It's all stuff they should've done already...the Impact Zone was very necessary and a very good thing for TNA to begin with. But they should already have left the place years ago.

Presentation of your product is such a key thing, particular in terms of viewers that may be tuning in for the first time.

WCW stepped up the way they looked on tv to compete in the Monday Night Wars. For all the HD and whizzy on-screen graphics they can do, TNA are still in the damn Impact Zone.

·
Registered
8,345 Posts
I just cant believe how generic the stage set looks. What idiot decided to make a generic rip off wwe set.

They need to make 2 sets. That are easy to put up and easy to take down. Like cool steel design. Non of this bullshit wood set painted silver to look more expensive ha.

Imagine a simple but themed PPV set.Which can easily be taken down For one fucking day a mont.Then have a themed dedicated to the Impact concept.

I cant figure out why TNA has un creative people. It amazes me how creative the fans are.I mean what do the employees do.

I mean if you are not going to make a cool design. Just go ahead and use the Bound For Glory stage set. Which was pretty cool that made everyone look like rock stars.It defiantly would just fit in the impact zone perfect.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts