Wrestling Forum banner

Has the Alberto Del Rio hype died down?

2990 Views 27 Replies 23 Participants Last post by  Kalashnikov
It seems like all he's really doing now is coasting, its the same stuff every week he appears on RAW talking about his destiny to win the World Heavyweight Championship at Wrestlemania, or ambushing the likes of Kofi, Edge, etc. When was the last time we've seen him do a promo that had any variety in it?

Its the writers to blame really, they honestly need to add something to his character because at the moment he's really dry
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

· Registered
163 Posts
Apparently they took the most time writing fot this feud over all the other Wrestlemania feuds too... Lets hope something happens Friday. I love Alberto, and I wanna see him get some major heat!

· Registered
340 Posts
Probably. I like him, but I don't like how he always says the same crap all the time. Plus I didn't like him also being on Raw every week for no reason, being shoved a little too far down my throat. His entrance takes too long for me. Plus I'm not much of a fan of him ALREADY winning a Royal Rumble and main eventing Mania. I like HIM, I just don't necessarily like how he's used completely.

· Registered
3,886 Posts
I think it has, worst time to do so though on the road to Mania, after winning the Rumble he's gone downhill somehow. Shame though he's a great talent. Should get a much more meaner streak in him so people take him more serious.

· Registered
1,779 Posts
HE is going down the Sheamus route for sure.I dont see any other way which is sad because he has talent but so did Sheamus & Swagger who have close to jobber status now.

Mistico signing & Rey saying he will stay on for A LONG time(few years atleast) is a bad bad omen for Del Rio as he is NOT the NEXT SURE-SHOT MEXICAN flag-bearer.IF Rey stays injury free & Mistico makes a big impact I can see Del Rio going lower & lower down the card.

· This Is Why We Can't Have Nice Things
14,679 Posts
When you have a guy win the Rumble with no momentum and as the first PPV match he won and was still around (Team Smackdown won at Bragging Rights but he was eliminated) it is going to be a huge struggle. Mexican JBL also has no unique quality that makes him special besides a ring announcer. He is still going to win at Mania though because WWE's creative staff has stopped trying.

· Premium Member
7,019 Posts
When you have a guy win the Rumble with no momentum and as the first PPV match he won and was still around (Team Smackdown won at Bragging Rights but he was eliminated) it is going to be a huge struggle. Mexican JBL also has no unique quality that makes him special besides a ring announcer. He is still going to win at Mania though because WWE's creative staff has stopped trying.
id have to disagree there because i saw some old clips of him as Don Caras JR. on youtube and the guy is very good in the ring but as a heel he's not meant to please the crowd and its also due to the fact that wwe has limited him to like two moves

· This Is Why We Can't Have Nice Things
14,679 Posts
id have to disagree there because i saw some old clips of him as Don Caras JR. on youtube and the guy is very good in the ring but as a heel he's not meant to please the crowd and its also due to the fact that wwe has limited him to like two moves
This isn't Mexico though and he isn't Dos Caras jr anymore either. he is Mexican JBL and Mexican JBL is barely any better than The Miz's average self.

· Registered
9,576 Posts
The hype was never that big. Most of the IWC already hated him based on the vignettes then he started tearing down the house with Mysterio and some people came around. The Rumble win was poorly booked. He should have had a more dominant performance. He came across as totally lucky in that Rumble win. Another problem is theres was nothing for him to do from the end of the Rumbnle until after EC. The feud with Kofi was pretty random and pointless. It was just filler.

What should have happened is Del Rio should of "injured" a returning Christian. Oh yeah Christian is back only for Del Rio to put him on the shelf. I base this on the fact that Christian came back and we haven't seen him since, making that return kind of pointless. Could have used it to get Del Rio more heat by taking out the Internet darling once again.

People are forgetting that the build for the Edge/Del Rio match has just begun. Edge was busy with Ziggler and Vickie and it was creatives fault for not incorporating Del Rio into that mix somehow or giving him a meaningful mini feud like Miz had with Lawler.

· Premium Member
7,019 Posts
The hype was never that big. Most of the IWC already hated him based on the vignettes then he started tearing down the house with Mysterio and some people came around. The Rumble win was poorly booked. He should have had a more dominant performance. He came across as totally lucky in that Rumble win. Another problem is theres was nothing for him to do from the end of the Rumbnle until after EC. The feud with Kofi was pretty random and pointless. It was just filler.

What should have happened is Del Rio should of "injured" a returning Christian. Oh yeah Christian is back only for Del Rio to put him on the shelf. I base this on the fact that Christian came back and we haven't seen him since, making that return kind of pointless. Could have used it to get Del Rio more heat by taking out the Internet darling once again.

People are forgetting that the build for the Edge/Del Rio match has just begun. Edge was busy with Ziggler and Vickie and it was creatives fault for not incorporating Del Rio into that mix somehow or giving him a meaningful mini feud like Miz had with Lawler.
yeah i love how ADR has fueded with everyone except for Edge since winning the rumble i mean him and edge have had a couple of altercations here and there but for a fued that is supposed to culminate at wrestlemania its been by far the worst wrestlemania fued ive seen in a while

· Registered
1,996 Posts
Yeah, I have had to really open my eyes in surprise when people have called him the saving grace of Smackdown.

Seriously, he does the same thing every week. There is no variety and he hasn't had one single breakout match, feud or promo and on the latter, because it's all the same. He plays arrogant pretty well and it was funny at the start with his facial expressions but now it's just tedious because he sticks to rigidly to the same thing. It's far too soon to be pushing him to a World Title. He's there because SD have a shortage of established heel talent.

· There is no duty we so much underrate as... being
19,895 Posts
Goodness, I get it that Raw stank like a can of week-old dead fish this week but let's give Smackdown a fighting chance. The Del Rio/Edge build really begins with tonight's tapings.

· Registered
112 Posts
ADR is good, but since he wins the Royal Rumble, the company prefers to put in the spotlight Cena/HHH/UT/Orton and the same old shits that a new younger wrestler that can do a great championship match at WM... he could make a great feud with Edge, but WWE prefers spend 15 mins of SD in repeat Cena talking on Raw and the booring return of HHH y UT

1 - 20 of 28 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.