Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,404 Posts
I don't think so. On the episode of Broken Skull Sessions that featured Bret they talked about how Austin always lost to Bret, but still got over in the process.

·
Registered
179 Posts
Nope. He only won their Revenge of the Taker match by DQ. Austin was bulletproof in from late 96-97 though, none of the losses hurt him.

·
Registered
923 Posts
Austin never pinned Bret. On TV, he only owns a DQ victory at the In Your House the month after WM 13 (the forgotten match in their feud) and I guess you can say he won the Street Fight they had on RAW when he hooked the sharpshooter on Bret and didn't let go, injuring Hart. It wasn't treated like a victory as Bret didn't quit or tap (which was just becoming the norm for indicating submission) and the ring flooded with refs and officials....the famous Austin attacking Bret in the ambulance happened after this match!).

One of the proposals both by and to Bret for his exit was to drop the WWF Title to Austin, but they never got there due to the infamous Montreal Screwjob!

·
Registered
12,864 Posts
No, nor should he have given the timelines.

If Bret had stayed with WWF than it would have been one of Austin's first BIG feuds as champion and THEN would have been the perfect time to beat him clean.

·
Currently booking tonight’s card...
2,278 Posts
Both protected their characters so much so that... no, it doesn’t seem like Austin got a clean win. Bret wouldn’t go for that... Can’t have the hitman looking anything less than a superhero.

Austin learned from the best at it too, cause he never left a ring without looking like the ‘strongest’ star either... seems like even when he somehow lost with all kinds of chaos playing out... at some point before the show goes off air, he’s got to stand up stunner someone and drink a beer.

so cool!... WHAT?!... I said it’s so cool!... WHAT?! ...

·
Registered
7,456 Posts
Both protected their characters so much so that... no, it doesn’t seem like Austin got a clean win. Bret wouldn’t go for that... Can’t have the hitman looking anything less than a superhero.

Austin learned from the best at it too, cause he never left a ring without looking like the ‘strongest’ star either... seems like even when he somehow lost with all kinds of chaos playing out... at some point before the show goes off air, he’s got to stand up stunner someone and drink a beer.

so cool!... WHAT?!... I said it’s so cool!... WHAT?! ...
Bitter much dude? Calm down. Every successful character in wrestling ever has protected their character. Every one. Hart MADE Austin lock stock and barrell regardless of pins or not.

·
Currently booking tonight’s card...
2,278 Posts
Hey y’all WWE SHOP is always updating with new arrivals...

just in case anyone missed this product, you’re in luck... they’re still available, and man that last one is a steal... HBKs shirt he wore in 2018... on sale. You love it!
9A955A5C-9381-4452-96F7-62C494CCE530.jpeg
A54B793A-561C-49D8-AD29-9C644D0D0977.jpeg

1 - 17 of 17 Posts