Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Banned
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
this was a different discussion but recent events have changed my views and I didn’t want to create another thread.
Anyway, as a long time lurker and new poster I’ve come under fire as being RL stern. For the record I am not him (if he’s a guy). We both have Stern in our username but that’s where the similarities end.

what I did want to discuss is the mods on this page. Over the years the numbers on this site have dwindled. Granted there may be more like me who prefer to read the opinions of others than contribute. What doesn’t help is that when you do sign up you are attacked by members (mod included) that assume you are someone else. No wonder new members are few and far between.
Anyway, just wondered what other more seasoned members here felt about the way the website is moderated and if they have any suggestions that could improve the user experience

·
Registered
425 Posts
I agree with it! It's getting very hard to be here! You create a completely normal thread for discussion without trolling or provocations, and then it was closed down by the moderator for no reason and this thread did not violate any rules of the site! It was closed down only because the moderator does not like the comparison threads. Fucking brilliant!

·
Registered
3,863 Posts
I agree. Mods years ago would have just banned unfunny gimmick accounts like this by now.
I honestly think gimmicks are ruining wrestlingforum (not that it was in an incredible shape). The level of cringe I feel everytime I encounter another tired Dantheman/YamchaRocks post about how much they love Kevin Owens/Indy wrestlers has been unbearable for some time now. Or that guy who can't stop spamming comments on how Rollins is as big as Stone Cold and The Rock. They're so redundant and obnoxious, it's obvious that they're not just giving their opinion because, ey, I can respect someone saying Khali is the best highflyer ever or Funaki has been as impactful as Hulk Hogan. I mean, people are free to have weird opinions. But when it's so obvious they're trolling and actively trying to be obnoxious, it's a pity nothing can be done.

·
12,860 Posts
I honestly think gimmicks are ruining wrestlingforum (not that it was in an incredible shape). The level of cringe I feel everytime I encounter another tired Dantheman/YamchaRocks post about how much they love Kevin Owens/Indy wrestlers has been unbearable for some time now. Or that guy who can't stop spamming comments on how Rollins is as big as Stone Cold and The Rock. They're so redundant and obnoxious, it's obvious that they're not just giving their opinion because, ey, I can respect someone saying Khali is the best highflyer ever or Funaki has been as impactful as Hulk Hogan. I mean, people are free to have weird opinions. But when it's so obvious they're trolling and actively trying to be obnoxious, it's a pity nothing can be done.
I tend to shut them down pretty quickly if they float my way. I honestly think they aren't banned permanently for the simple fact they're arguments are so idiotic that it's easy to ignore.

And they're so sensitive that if you call em out they end up insulting and fall on their own sword.

@Outlaw91 yeah I'm serious. I see Stern i automatically think his back on a vpn

·
Baby It's Violence
8,112 Posts
I think it could be solved if we just nuke the entire anything section. It's basically just a cesspool now.

·
Registered
#FreeTheAussies
8,256 Posts
I think it could be solved if we just nuke the entire anything section. It's basically just a cesspool now.
I have a solution for that; Don´t visit that section:)
I don´t think I´ve ever been there.. I come on a site called "Wrestlingforum" to discuss wrestling and read wrestling related news. Not to discuss BLM, Trump, Biden, China, Russia, Football or other non-important stuff ;)

·
Greek God of Knowledge
7,523 Posts
this was a different discussion but recent events have changed my views and I didn’t want to create another thread.
Anyway, as a long time lurker and new poster I’ve come under fire as being RL stern. For the record I am not him (if he’s a guy). We both have Stern in our username but that’s where the similarities end.

what I did want to discuss is the mods on this page. Over the years the numbers on this site have dwindled. Granted there may be more like me who prefer to read the opinions of others than contribute. What doesn’t help is that when you do sign up you are attacked by members (mod included) that assume you are someone else. No wonder new members are few and far between.
Anyway, just wondered what other more seasoned members here felt about the way the website is moderated and if they have any suggestions that could improve the user experience
Jesus christ you are pathetic.

·
Registered
8,045 Posts
Wouldn't be so bad if they were actually funny while doing the gimmick.

·
Baby It's Violence
8,112 Posts
I don´t think I´ve ever been there.. I come on a site called "Wrestlingforum" to discuss wrestling and read wrestling related news. Not to discuss BLM, Trump, Biden, China, Russia, Football or other non-important stuff ;)
Oh I barely ever post in any of those threads now.

But it's like watching a car crash you know? You don't want to look at it, but you end up doing so anyway due to some morbid curiosity.

·
Hardcore Casual
1,171 Posts
Oh I barely ever post in any of those threads now.

But it's like watching a car crash you know? You don't want to look at it, but you end up doing so anyway due to some morbid curiosity.
I also think it's naive to believe none of the stuff in the Anything section spills over to other parts of the forum. Take a look at DammitC and Ger, for example. It's like watching children take a turd out of the toilet and start smearing it all over the house.

·
Registered
#FreeTheAussies
8,256 Posts
I also think it's naive to believe none of the stuff in the Anything section spills over to other parts of the forum. Take a look at DammitC and Ger, for example. It's like watching children take a turd out of the toilet and start smearing it all over the house.
I don´t think it doesn´t spill over.. I just don´t need to go to a section I know is a cesspool.
We can only hope the mods shuts it down before a pissing contest starts.

·
Hardcore Casual
1,171 Posts
I don´t think it doesn´t spill over.. I just don´t need to go to a section I know is a cesspool.
That's fair, but that's not really a practical solution to a section where animosity builds between members who then carry that beef over to the rest of the boards. I avoid Anything like the plague mostly, doesn't mean I don't have to see the fallout pollute the rest of the forum, though.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts