Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
363 Posts
To be honest, before his WHC reign, I thought he might be the next Kurt Angle but later I realized how mediocre he is. So, I'd say NO.

·
Premium Member
4,254 Posts
Yeah. It was silly trying to make him like Kurt. Swagger lacks the ring skills and charisma to even clean Kurt's boots.

·
Registered
3,386 Posts
Bwahahahahahaha! Swagger can't hold a candle to Angle, yeah they tried to give him a similar gimmick with the amateur wrestling champ turned pro/proud american thing, and gave him the ankle lock but the difference is he has zero personality.

He can go in the ring no doubt but he couldn't talk his way out of a paper bag. Actually that isn't true, with his lisp he'd eventually spray enough that the bag would get soggy and tear on it's own.

He is still young though so maybe there's a chance, but the thing with Kurt is that he was one of kind special and was brilliant almost as soon as he walked through the door. Anybody would find it hard to better that.

·
Registered
5,247 Posts
His whole gimmick is esentially that he's Kurt Angle with Down Syndrome, WWE always like re-doing successful characters and hope that people forgot that the original existed, never really works though

·
Registered
121 Posts
No. Swagger doesn't have the mic skills or wrestling ability that Angle had in his prime.

·
Banned
5,666 Posts
Well tbh at this point I'd rather have Swagger in the WWE than Kurt Angle, Angle is in a bad mental state atm and can't even move properly in the ring whereas Swagger is a great wrestler and a good heel.

But no Swagger is not as good as Angle was in his prime.

·
Premium Member
6,156 Posts
HELL NO! Kurt was awesome on the mic and could play the loveable goof or the intense no bullshit wrestling machine right down to a T, Swagger cannot play either of these well he can be a loveable goof i guess but thats about it and it doesnt help when he's tryna be serious not to mention Kurt Angle actually had a great buildup to his first world title reign and went over quite alot of the big names in the company at the time to get there, Swagger did nothing and came out of nowhere and won MITB and it was a real WTF moment and no-one cared about him or his title reign

·
Banned
2,743 Posts
His mobilty and athleticism in the ring isn't bad at all but the guys mic work is just awful right now. I'm trying to watch RAW not Looney Tunes so stop spitting on the damn camera when you talk. Go take a lisp lesson from ya boy Cody Rhodes, He's working around it.

1 - 20 of 49 Posts