Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Perry Karavello
602 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Now, I think he, as a wrestler, is great and loved the whole storyline that he was going with but now look at the x-division.

We have a champion who's best spot is a tornado ddt off of the second rope.

I've never been much for spots in general, but when it had it's own division, I watched and really enjoyed it.

I haven't seen a good X-division style match in so long. It seems like all that wrestling is now given to MCMG.

I think having a champion like Douglas Williams and having him squash anyone who he's come up against is really hurting the value and credibility of guys who have an X-division style.

Maybe Helms is TNA's answer? I hope so.

·
Banned
2,631 Posts
Re: Has Douglas Williams killed the X-Division?

The X-Division was dead for years. Williams has actually brought credibility back to the title. Its not his fault TNA won't sign any worthy wrestlers for him to face.

·
I wonder what Aeris felt...When she was up on that
31,462 Posts

The X Division doesn't MEAN high spots and flippy wrestlers. The X Division means no limits. Did you not watch TNA when Joe, Daniels, and AJ dominated the scene?

Doug Williams is fine. Its TNA's lack of caring that is killing the X Division.

·
Registered
2,761 Posts

The X-Division has been dead for years. Douglas Williams has actually tried to bring some focus back to the division. By bashing it in his way he got people interested to see how the real x-division guys would respond and defend their spot.

The failure is once again the booking. Not Williams and not the other wrestlers.

·
Perry Karavello
602 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I didn't meant him per say, I mean his gimmick and they way TNA has booked him and his matches.

·
also known as a BUSTER
11,967 Posts
He's a great heel champ and will be until the time comes that a flippy guy is good enough, to re-establish the flippyness of the division, by toppling him.

·
Registered
1,515 Posts
Williams has been ok, certainly 10x better than Red as champion.

The X Division needs a boost of personality as well as some veteran players like Jerry Lynn for example.

It would be smart too to have guys like RVD and Hardy move into the division so that way the PPV main event picture is not just for the same title every month, sort of like how the UFC can build multiple main events on different divisions.

·
I wonder what Aeris felt...When she was up on that
31,462 Posts
TNA would benefit from giving Chris Hero a call and telling him to bring him and his gymnastic showboating to the X Division. Thats how you'll revive the X Division.

·
Registered
1,515 Posts
TNA would benefit from giving Chris Hero a call and telling him to bring him and his gymnastic showboating to the X Division. Thats how you'll revive the X Division.
All the great wrestling in the world won't revive the division.

It all comes down to booking and personality.

If TNA doesn't present the X Division as a top prestigious place like the World Title picture than it will stay where it is.

Personality and great characters are everything. The only reason the X Division seemed like the top division in 2005 was because Raven, Rhino, and Jeff Jarrett were main eventing.

With Hogan, Flair, RVD, Anderson, etc.. it will be very hard for the X Division to stand out once again unless some of that big money talent gets involved with Red, Williams, etc for the title.

·
Registered
13,042 Posts
Even Hero's greatness wouldn't help if they just randomly have him on tv and don't care about the division until around Destination X time when suddenly they remember they have it and all of a sudden it's TNA's baby. Doug's flippy hate was/is a fine gimmick (and winning matches via a flippy move is great), but since they've left him off tv for the most part whatever momentum they had is long gone.

·
Registered
858 Posts
The X-division gets as man championship matches as Knockout Tag. That's what's killing it.

There is always a fan base waiting for the revival. Any day now....

·
Registered
10,590 Posts
No I actually liked it. He talks shit bout highflying yet uses a spinning tornado DDT as his finisher.

BTW who is the X Division champ? Holy shit I can't believe how TNA has put it on the back burner. Is Williams still champ? Like wtf man. This thread made me realize that.

·
Registered
661 Posts
Hogan and Bischoff fucked the X Division much like they did to the KO Division.
Actually, I know we like to blame Hogan and Bischoff for everything we don't like in TNA, but the X Division was on a downturn before they came around.

After AJ and Joe started competing for the World Title and the Guns went into tag team, it's like TNA stop pushing it, even though there's always wrestlers made for the X Division around.
I do think Bischoff might be contributing to the X Division getting the Cruiserweight treatment, despite the fact that what made the division cool was that it was more significant than that, and at one point, the best part of TNA.

I like Williams and his whole 'Flippy guys are stupid' persona was meant to rile up the other guys in the Division, but he's off beating up EV2 now.

This is all a booking problem, and if TNA decides they care about the division is will matter again, but right now it feels like it's not important.

·
Perry Karavello
602 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
No I actually liked it. He talks shit bout highflying yet uses a spinning tornado DDT as his finisher.

BTW who is the X Division champ? Holy shit I can't believe how TNA has put it on the back burner. Is Williams still champ? Like wtf man. This thread made me realize that.
Still Williams.

Remember when he came out and helped Flair beat Lethal?

I assumed he'd be going after the X-Division Championship and Williams but now with EV2 I don't know what's going on with Williams.

·
Registered
7,912 Posts
I for one absolutely love him as X Champ. I love his style and how he is trying to make the belt about legit wrestling ect.

I for one loved the Spot fests crazy Daredevil moves. But fuck what is that any wrestler in TNA can do a spot. Kurt angle world champion does Spots.

So how do people think the x division should be based off Spots. The belt was based off a style of wrestling in wcw like cruiser weight but also just pure goood wrestling like deak melinko ect.

That belt was never based off Spots.

People are so wierd Its like the same with ECW. People keep trying to leave its Legacy as this Extreme thing. Yes it had that aspect. But there was much more to it.

I think Dug is bringing credibility back into it.

1 - 20 of 40 Posts