Wrestling Forum banner

21 - 40 of 91 Posts

·
Registered
3,759 Posts
He won me over a while ago something I didn't think would ever be possible. I never saw him as a future main eventer in WWE but he's really grown as a performer and now has what he lacked before... presence. And I thought that was the best promo of the year as well.

·
Premium Member
4,654 Posts
Yeah Cody's a fucking star and I never really cared for him in WWE. Him, Jericho, and Moxley are the best things going in wrestling right now.

·
Registered
7,587 Posts
"At full gear I'm gonna beat you". This sounds like a normal scripted WWE and here you guys are creaming your pants.
Quoting 1 sentence out of a 7min promo…..

Well done, i mean that one of the worst argument i ever read but you have to have balls to write something like that.

·
Registered
1,050 Posts
Quoting 1 sentence out of a 7min promo…..

Well done, i mean that one of the worst argument i ever read but you have to have balls to write something like that.
Yes, sir. I have balls to type something in front of a computer. I'm so bad ass.

Sorry to hurt your feelings, but that promo sounded like typical WWE scripted bullshit. But, since it's Lord Cody, Savior of Wrestling, God of the Marks, The Great Lisper, then sure, it's the best thing ever created since oral sex.

·
Registered
7,587 Posts
Yes, sir. I have balls to type something in front of a computer. I'm so bad ass.

Sorry to hurt your feelings, but that promo sounded like typical WWE scripted bullshit. But, since it's Lord Cody, Savior of Wrestling, God of the Marks, The Great Lisper, then sure, it's the best thing ever created since oral sex.
Watch the last promo of Rollins and the one of Cody.

The only way you can find those promos similar is if you're deaf

·
Registered
6,480 Posts
He has reached Daniel Bryan levels of over

He is my current fav wrestler

And I used to haaaaaaaate Cody in WWE - turn the channel stuff

He is a legend in the making

Haters can GTFO

:gtfo

·
Registered
12,449 Posts
He was always good, the problem I have with him in AEW is that he seems to position himself above everyone . I mean, apart from Jericho, he's the one who's gotten a ton of promo time and always gets a special entrance every time he shows up lol. It's a bad look in comparison to the rest of the roster.

·
Ω Champion
4,092 Posts
He was always good, the problem I have with him in AEW is that he seems to position himself above everyone . I mean, apart from Jericho, he's the one who's gotten a ton of promo time and always gets a special entrance every time he shows up lol. It's a bad look in comparison to the rest of the roster.
Because he's the most over guy on the roster. When you have that kind of reaction you go all the way with it.

·
Registered
11,892 Posts
Jury is still out. He storylines himself into very storyline based matches - vs Dustin, vs Spears, vs Jericho now and likely The Match Beyond next PPV. Not saying it's a bad thing to have emotion and drama built into matches, but he is in the position to make sure his matches always have a lot of added storyline weight behind them because his match quality is too old school to follow Bucks or Fenix etc.

I mean after his Dustin and Spears feuds - where are Dustin and Spears? It's like the old Hulkamania booking where you'd build up a epic threat to Hogan, only to have Hogan vanquish them and move on to his next "biggest threat in his career" while the vanquished threat drops down to mid card feuds.

He did help mint Darby Allin though.

Cody does have ready and waiting money feuds with Moxley, Omega, Hangman and PAC I believe.

·
Premium Member
44,042 Posts
Honestly, Cody is probably my pick for Superstar of the Year.

1) Had my pick for Match of the Year (Vs. Dustin at Double or Nothing)
2) Had great feuds and programs (w/Jericho and Spears)
3) Generally has really good and exciting matches when he does perform (Vs. Guevara on 1st Dynamite, Vs. Darby Allin at FFTF)
4) Cuts amazing promos (last night)
5) Knows how to sell emotion and drama to make his matches matter.
6) Oh and he helped start a wrestling company, got on TNT, and basically helped to make wrestling fun again.

·
Registered
421 Posts
Cody is doing the damn thing. That promo was top notch and all his other segments have been great. He really knows how to work the crowd, they love him.

I don't mind him being in the main stuff either. It's a new company, they're still trying to get new fans and viewers. The best way to do that is put your biggest names in the spotlight. Cody, Jericho, Mox, Omega. As a new company it would be dumb not to have any of those guys front and center.

·
Registered
12,449 Posts
Because he's the most over guy on the roster. When you have that kind of reaction you go all the way with it.
Now you're just making excuses because its AEW. I mean hell, not even HHH does this lol. I'm all for special entrances.... when its a special occasion like Wrestle Kingdom, Starcade or Wrestlemania . But he's had a special entrance virtually every show, which includes their tv :lol , I mean they literally move out a chunk of the set for him to enter the arena in. Could you imagine if Shawn Micahels did his Wrestlemania 12 entrance on a random RAW in November? lol

·
Ω Champion
4,092 Posts
Now you're just making excuses because its AEW. I mean hell, not even HHH does this lol. I'm all for special entrances.... when its a special occasion like Wrestle Kingdom, Starcade or Wrestlemania . But he's had a special entrance virtually every show, which includes their tv :lol , I mean they literally move out a chunk of the set for him to enter the arena in. Could you imagine if Shawn Micahels did his Wrestlemania 12 entrance on a random RAW in November? lol
>B-But excuses!
Stop it. When you have that kind of connection with your audience and you are a god to them you can get away with it. HHH only had this kind of connection when he returned at MSG. Apples and oranges.

·
Best Post Machine
566 Posts
How dare AEW push the red hot babyface.

If you'll notice, Mox gets the hot entrances as well. But he's a different character, so his style is 'coming out through the crowd'.

Cody's entrance fits his character. Good lord, what is wrong with some people.

·
Registered
2,291 Posts
I guess it shouldn’t come as a surprise to anyone as he was always good in every gimmick change he had in WWE. He was just never seriously pushed as a main eventer. Well he is now and he’s succeeding. I can’t understand anyone hating the guy right now. Since he left WWE he’s done nothing but proved his worth. He bet on himself and it’s paid off. If anything wrestling needs more people like him.

21 - 40 of 91 Posts