Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 91 Posts

·
C Mac G
5,964 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been sold on Cody since DoN and the match with Dustin, and everything he has done this year has been great, from the match with Darby, the build and match with Spears, all of his Dynamite outings have been great, and tonight's promo was phenomenal.

Moxley is my favorite wrestler in all of Wrestling, but I will concede that Cody's promo tonight was promo of the year, even above Moxley's promo last week and Jericho's inner circle promo.

Even still, it seems like there is a pocket out there that won't accept him as a main eventer, and think he's abusing his power to get a top spot.

After everything over the last 6 months, have people finally realized he is legit a top star caliber talent?

60,001 Posts
I admit that I thought Cody would fail post WWE. Still I admired the effort he put into the Stardust character. He really feels light years better to me. He's competent in ring and his promos are connecting big time. The audience is accepting him as big time now and props to him for that. I imagine he loses to "disprove" the booker criticism.

·
Registered
20,776 Posts
Nope there will always be room for nay say. But for folk being reasonable he's clearly hitting his stride and is adored.

·
My mom thinks I'm cool.
2,019 Posts
Well he's won me over, I never cared for him until recently.

·
Team AEW
2,914 Posts
Well I turned around on Cody weeks ago. He's a fine good talent, he deserves to be main-eventing. Still, I wouldn't put the belt on him now, and certainly wouldn't push him above Moxley or even MJF.

·
Registered
5,261 Posts
To me he silenced all his naysayers when he set out to build AEW. He invested his own money in All In (it's not just a catchy tag name you know). Takes balls to do what he did; furthermore his counterpart in WWE doesn't have any to do what Cody did.

Cody delivered in the ring and on the mic. The promo today was outstanding. So far, he also has delivered at being a promoter (again something his counterpart in WWE has yet to do).

·
Roy "Gambit" Mustang
10,366 Posts
I feel like some people at this point are always going to hate him which is like their point of view man. However Cody is great. Really unsure what happens this Saturday after that promo so credit to AEW

·
Registered
2,257 Posts
He 100% comes off as a main eventer sure, but I personally don't want the title on him this soon. That promo was amazing though.

·
Registered
163 Posts
Cody has the most interesting story in all of wrestling right now. The guy is a legit superstar. The entrance, the crowd, the style... It's absolutely perfect.

I'm interested to see what the Tony Schiavone angle is all about. It's almost like Schiavone is playing the father like figure in the absence of Dusty.

·
Registered
526 Posts
Great promo from Cody, I really liked his comment about Ellis Island and freedom. You can really see how much that was getting to him in WWE. Had they given him that in WWE, we now see a glimpse of what he could’ve achieved there, but no, we got Stardust instead of Cody F’n Rhodes!

·
Registered
4,380 Posts
If he didn't silence them last night, they're idiots.

People ask why I don't watch WWE anymore. What they did to Cody is one of those reasons.

·
Team AEW
2,914 Posts
I mean he's silenced critics a long ass time ago with everything he's done up to this point. Anyone who doesn't think highly of him never will.
I feel like some people at this point are always going to hate him which is like their point of view man. However Cody is great. Really unsure what happens this Saturday after that promo so credit to AEW
Some people are gonna bitch no matter what. I watch AEW with an open mind, and I never was a fan of Cody before, but he really proved to me that he's good. Look, if a guys sucks on his own turf - then you have a problem. Cody doesn't. Yeah, he's not a top tier promo guy, but he's very good. He deserves to be at the top there, just don't push him TOO MUCH, and everyone's gonna be happy.

1 - 20 of 91 Posts