·
Registered
901 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Chris Jericho

-Been on television since 1996
-One of the biggest debut in WWE history
-One of the pioneers for cruiserweight wrestling in USA
-Feuded with everyone from Stone Cold, HHH, HBK, The Rock, to Evan Bourne and JTG
-One of the most accomplished "small" wrestlers of all time
-The very first Undisputed Champion beating the big two on the same night
-Headlined WrestleMania
-One of the best on mic and in the ring
-One of the most Charismatic wrestlers of all time
-Holds the record for most IC championship reins in WWE history

Answer is yes! I think I make a good case

Whats your opinion?

·
Registered
65 Posts
There is no doubt. He was special just for his debut and mic skills but his ability in matches and the fact he was the first undisputed champion puts a lock on it. Chris Jericho might just be the most under-appreciated legend that is still around.

·
DAVID OTUNGA's Personal Assistant
9,747 Posts
hell yeah.

he knows 1004 moves and has wrestled 1004 opponents. how many people do you know that can say the same?
no one can.

but in all seriousness, yes. first ever Undisputed Champion, and he has the record for most Intercontinental Title reigns, and there are just FAR too many memorable moments, matches, promos, etc. to call him anything BUT a legend.

Reactions: vanderhevel

·
Shocking the Shockmaster
4,558 Posts
He's been in the business for so long and has accomplished pretty much everything, so yes I think he is a Legend.

·
Registered
1,383 Posts
Damn straight. The guy has achieved everything already stated by the OP, and was putting over the new guard before he left. He's juggled wrestling with a wealth of other pursuits in music, movies, television and books - and he still works in the ring like it is his one and only passion.

Jericho is up there with Bret as my two personal greatest of all time.

·
Registered
557 Posts
Hell Yeah. I'm always love & respect Jericho but just watching the Breaking The Code: Behind The Walls of Chris Jericho 2 weeks ago im understand how much bigger he's. He's Living Legend.

·
Registered
901 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I'm glad to see you all agree with me, but I want to know what people who aren't Jericho fans have to say about it also so this thread doesn't become too one dimensional, lol.

Some people do not consider Jericho as such and by some people, I mean the WWE

·
Asuka
96,569 Posts
There's no excuse not to consider him a legend. 6 World titles, first ever Undisputed champion, 9 Intercontinental titles, 5 tag team titles, a plethora of other titles, WWE Grand Slam winner, headlined 2 WrestleManias, won one of them, and has had numerous legendary matches.

So if that's not enough to consider him a legend, then you must have nearly unreachable standards for what it means to become a legend. There's legends that were career midcarders, let alone had a career as storied as Jericho.

Some people do not consider Jericho as such and by some people, I mean the WWE
:lmao

Where's your proof of this? If you're trying to suggest that they treat Jericho poorly, Jericho himself has stated that he loves how he's used. Jericho is a sure fire first ballot Hall of Famer, as long as he doesn't pull a Benoit.

·
Registered
5,100 Posts
Yeah easily a Legend. I doubt there are any people who dont like him.
Lol, of course there are people who don't like him. I used to dislike him (but that's more like in kayfabe sense since i was only a child) but yeah he's definitely not everyone's favorite, some people may find some of his promos in modern era boring (which i did when he continously called people hypocrite yadda yadda yadda like every week it's getting tedious) even though most people here always treat him like a God. But i do respect him as a performer because he has consistently entertained the fans for years and put countless young talents over in recent times, he truly deserves a legend status.

·
Who speaks for Earth?
625 Posts
Without a doubt. He's done it all and he's put over so many people in the past few years... he is the true definition of a Professional Wrestler in my eyes.

·
i ain't got no type
1,490 Posts
After watching his new DVD and following his career he has shown me a lot from when I wasn't watching, and influenced me with his life, his in ring ability, and his ability to act. When I first started watching Wrestling, it was about a year before he returned, so I had no idea who the hell he was, but now I do. When he said he was the best in the world at what he does, I thought it was a cheesy tagline, now I know it's the truth.

·
Registered
511 Posts
He seems to be more on the level of an Angel, Jarrett, Benoit, Guerro to me. He hasn't broken through to a HBK, Undertaker, Sting, Flair, Austin, Rock level. Let alone Hogan status. Some of it maybe by his own choice though.

·
Registered
2,616 Posts
He seems to be more on the level of an Angel, Jarrett, Benoit, Guerro to me.
No, just no.

Comparing Jeff Jarrett to Chris Jericho...MUST NOT RAGE.

The only one you listed which can somehow be compared to him is Kurt Angle and even that is debatable.

1 - 20 of 45 Posts