Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Premium Member
990 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has Cena really ended the rivalry between him & Nexus? Was the match at TLC the last official match to end the fued between him & Wade Barrett? If it is, it just does not seem like a legit ending to such a power stable like Nexus. I thought it would end on bigger terms or more on the line or end it at a large PPV (Wrestlemania, Summerslam etc.). I thought this 'thing' with Cena would last until Wrestlemania. I was hoping for the GM to be revealed before this Cena/Nexus rivalry ended. I am just confused at the moment because I have enjoyed this Nexus stuff since they debuted onto Raw. I just wish they had a huge ending to it. It just seemed like a.... weak ending. I hope I'm wrong.

·
There is no duty we so much underrate as... being
18,822 Posts
At the very least, I think it is the end of Nexus/Cena. The only question--and WWE is intentionally leaving this an open question on their shows--is whether or not this is the end of Nexus altogether.

And I don't think it is. I could see them return on Smackdown, or return the night after The Royal Rumble, or something. And if they do reappear it will most likely be about The Undertaker. If Undertaker can get back in time for a Wrestlemania program considering his status on the injured reserve list.

·
WindUp
163 Posts
TLC is a big PPV, didnt you hear the start of it, "welcome to the most violent PPV on the calender"....lol

·
Registered
4,807 Posts
For now. I think Barrett will strike on Cena somewhere down the road again. Not sure about Nexus as a group though - I maintain they will return in time for the Rumble, then all turn on Barrett in the match.

·
Registered
5,100 Posts
Maybe, but at this point i'm not really sure because Punk attacked Cena and he said he wanted to give Cena a taste of his own medicine for attacking Barrett with agression, so the feud between Cena and Nexus still has possibility to continue, but there's also possibility that Taker will go after them when they return, so yeah i'll just wait until next week and see what happens next.

·
Celestial Messiah
33,588 Posts
Its not over yet. Cena removed them for now, but this just gives time to re-organise and get one final push. Sheffield should be healed up soon. I predict nexus will return around rumble time.

·
Registered
3,571 Posts
Barrett is just selling the injury of many chairs falling on him well, he does not "Cena Sell" chair shots. No Doubt Nexus will re-appear soon.

·
Premium Member
2,651 Posts
I think we are suppose to think its over and then Nexus is suppose to shock us with a return and reveal of the bigger picture.

Can you imagine if Nexus came back with Triple H on their side? Obviously not at the same time because Triple H is gonna get a monster pop on his return, but a Nexus/Triple H faction with Triple H as the GM could really make the Nexus exciting again.

·
Registered
72 Posts
i am so freaking sick of nexus. they drug this crap out for like 6 months, Lord willing it finally came to an end. i dono who said it but there entire crew is soft. they lost the 2 powerhouses tarver and sheffield now all they got is otunga, wendy and all the others aint coming with nothing. ALSO how in the flip does wade a freaking rookie fresh off the lot have the power and authority to call matches, fire and rehire people. who the FLIP made him in charge, that was sooooooooooooo stupid. a brand new bottom of the barrel dude somehow got tons of authority over the company. that was a joke! the last 6 months up till a couple weeks ago were almost a joke, there was no organization no structure, just chaos and nexus doing what ever they wanted! booooooooooo

·
Student of the game? I am the f***in' Game!!
8,351 Posts
I hope it is the end of NEXUS. The thought of a bunch of failed rookies dominating WWE is killing their stock.

If they don't reveal the bigger picture, then there goes all there interest.

I think Wade Barret should still be around, since he is a bona fide WWE star with contract in hand.

·
Registered
5,229 Posts
As cheesy as it would be, I'd like them to stick around until the Royal Rumble match.

Picture it. all Nexus members work together to last until the final few. Number 28 is eliminated. Barrett comes out at Number 29.

When everyone thinks it's now going to be a Nexus victory for certain, just as Barrett orders the other members out of the match so he can get ALL the glory for himself, they finally snap at him and all attack him, as is their modus operandi. Barrett gets a few lucky eliminations, taking out, say, McGillicutty and Harris cause they're useless.

Then with Barrett still fighting off the other members, Jericho's music hits. He returns in a blaze of glory and quickly launches Barrett out of the match. Left with only themselves and Jericho left, the Nexus gang up on him. They throw him over the top rope, but he hangs on. They don't notice, thinking he's eliminated, and (being the only ones left as far as they know) break down and fight amongst themselves.

During the confusion, Slater is eliminated. As Gabriel and Otunga end up brawling in a precarious position on the apron/near the apron, Jericho slips back into the match and knocks them both out over the top rope, securing his victory!

Alternatively, we forget about Jericho's return and either Cena eliminates them all, Barrett wins, Otunga wins (god i hope not) or Gabriel wins.

Cause if one 'lesser' member of Nexus wins, that'll cause massive dissention in the ranks, building on what already exists, causing a massive inner-meltdown. Then the ex-Nexus members (or just Barret OR Otunga depending on the specifics of the angle) costs the Rumble Winner (if it is a member of Nexus) their match at Wrestlemania, starting off a big feud.

·
Banned
4,120 Posts
Barrett defeated Cena either physically or psychologically at Hell in a Cell, Bragging Rights, and Survivor Series, as well as humiliating him on Raw countless times. Cena wins once at TLC and this thing's over? Uh, no, I don't think so.

·
The Man
15,234 Posts
Hopefully. Cena has beaten down Nexus on a daily basis and made them into little more than jokes. I really wouldn't mind if they just dropped Nexus altogether; they already went against the top guy and lost. There isn't much left for them to do.

Still, I expect they'll be back... at the very least, to take on the Undertaker. As if we are supposed to believe they are any threat to Taker, when Cena can handle all of them with relative ease...

·
Registered
5,229 Posts
Barrett defeated Cena either physically or psychologically at Hell in a Cell, Bragging Rights, and Survivor Series, as well as humiliating him on Raw countless times. Cena wins once at TLC and this thing's over? Uh, no, I don't think so.
Cena won on the preceding RAWs too. He took those fuckers out guerilla-style. They destroy him, he destroys them one by one.

I reckon it's about square. This shit's done.

·
Registered
9,605 Posts
Can you imagine if Barret enters at number 30 at the Rumble, with Cena and Orton in the ring, then all the Nexus guys come outta the crowd, including the returning Skip and Tarver, and maybe even Young, surround the ring like they did on their debut get in and eliminate Cena and Orton for Barrett. Nexus is back and stronger than ever, and Barrett is one step closer to the WWE title.

Even if nothing like that happens Nexus isn't done, I mean they were hit with steel chairs, it's not like they were chokslammed into a large spotlight that exploded with sparks everywhere, because everyone knows that is something you don't come back from for at least a month right............right :rolleyes:

1 - 20 of 20 Posts