1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
6,303 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)

·
Registered
1,963 Posts
Re: Has Becky just inadvertedly made herself the heel in the feud with Nattie?

No? Aside from the fact that's it's just one little insignificant exchange, no cares about what wrestlers say on social media outlets.

·
Registered
6,303 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

No? Aside from the fact that's it's just one little insignificant exchange, no cares about what wrestlers say on social media outlets.
But if you're using social media to market your angle?

·
WF's #1 Mox fan.
23,551 Posts

Nah. To me, that just looks like Natalya is a little oversensitive, lol. One tiny mention of the Dungeon and she goes off into a rant.

·
Registered
202 Posts
It doesn't seem to alter the face / heel dynamic at all to me.

I am trying to figure out what "straightfire" is though...

·
Being What's Best For Business
2,271 Posts
Natty is a general in the ring but she just can't seem to grasp the entertainment part of the business. You are a heel, you should tell her to go back to Ireland and suck off McGregor or some shit. I don't get why she's attempting sympathy when she's the heel.

Even if the goal was to switch roles, it didn't happen on television and there's no way in hell that she'd get cheered over Becky anywhere outside of Canada.

·
Banned
8,175 Posts
This fuckery :maury Natalya and Becky can't even stay in the right character

·
TEAM KICK!
9,429 Posts
Nattie obviously doesn't really know how to play the role that she's in right now. She doesn't seem to truly get that she's the heel. Becky's just being fairly aggressive i guess you could say. You could tell when Nattie was on commentary before Becky attacked her on the RAW before last that she wasn't really sure what she was trying to put across.

Saying that, i'm not sure who said it but i agree with them, it feels like Becky and Nattie have just been sent out by creative and been told 'Right, Becky's the face and Nattie's the heel' and not much more than that, so they're having to fill in the blanks, and Natalya doesn't really seem capable of that.

·
Registered
2,901 Posts
Nattie obviously doesn't really know how to play the role that she's in right now. She doesn't seem to truly get that she's the heel. Becky's just being fairly aggressive i guess you could say. You could tell when Nattie was on commentary before Becky attacked her on the RAW before last that she wasn't really sure what she was trying to put across.

Saying that, i'm not sure who said it but i agree with them, it feels like Becky and Nattie have just been sent out by creative and been told 'Right, Becky's the face and Nattie's the heel' and not much more than that, so they're having to fill in the blanks, and Natalya doesn't really seem capable of that.
Heh, that was me :D
Saw it a mile away, and its why I said this feud should end as quickly as possible.
Natalya is trying to rip off her uncle's schtick and portray a self righteous heel but she doesn't have the charisma, the character or the conviction to pull it off.

·
Registered
4,160 Posts
Natty is a general in the ring but she just can't seem to grasp the entertainment part of the business. You are a heel, you should tell her to go back to Ireland and suck off McGregor or some shit. I don't get why she's attempting sympathy when she's the heel.

Even if the goal was to switch roles, it didn't happen on television and there's no way in hell that she'd get cheered over Becky anywhere outside of Canada.
I'm Canadian and I wouldn't cheer Nattie over Becky even if Becky were actually the heel. That's just how inept at character Nattie is in my opinion.

·
Let's talk about six, baby.
8,323 Posts
WWE clearly don't give two shits and are just rushing to get Nattie far away from the title picture. I expect she'll magically disappear from TV after Battleground along with Becky.

·
Registered
904 Posts
To Op's thread Not really.

Becky is often portrayed as a plucky underdog so her response is well within her face character and she's pissed off about the attack in her 1st response.

You could say Natalya is delusional believing herself to be in the right and using her background as a justifier, or she could be playing the victim as well. This is usually what people who view themselves as very self important or Sociopaths do. The wording could be a lot better though.

·
Registered
3,792 Posts
This just shows that Nattie doesn't understand how to be a heel

·
Registered
462 Posts
It's just the weird part of the angle. The only reason that Nattie is a heel is because she turned on a face, the motive she had is perfectly justifiable. If she had turned on a heel with the same reason she would have been a huge face right now. Becky is furious because she got betrayed but she constantly goes after Natalya like a mad man and for her it's exactly the same case, if this was against a face she would have been a bonafide heel. So the case is that you can't really pick a wrong or right in this case and it's just a high school girl fight between two former friends.

More of the same skippable tv we've been getting from the women's division since Wrestlemania.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts