Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5,151 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm watching Smackdown right now and I just saw a commercial for Linda McMahon's campaign.

I have no problem with this commercial coming on at any time. However, she just killed kayfabe for every little kid watching. I knew wrestling was scripted but Vince never said it during a show.

Any thoughts on this?

·
Registered
1,506 Posts
I saw it and it was awful. She's trying WAY to hard to seperate herself from the term "wrestling". She said something along the lines of "That's not real... but our problems are!", and I think her and Stephanie are in another one where they call wrestling a soap opera. You know what they say about lipstick and pigs...

·
Registered
5,151 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
What exactly did she say?
It's the same commercial that she came out with calling wrestling a soap opera and not real. We all know these things but we watch wrestling to escape real things not worry about it being real.

I saw it and it was awful. She's trying WAY to hard to seperate herself from the term "wrestling". She said something along the lines of "That's not real... but our problems are!", and I think her and Stephanie are in another one where they call wrestling a soap opera. You know what they say about lipstick and pigs...
It would be funny if she lost and had to go back to being CEO of WWE again.

·
¡GOLDADO!
2,309 Posts
I'm not sure kids even pay attention to ads that aren't showing toys, everyone else already knows wrestling is scripted. Besides most people use breaks to get something to eat/drink or take a toilet pitstop so I'm not sure it matters.

·
Registered
18,833 Posts
If the kids don't know wrestling is scripted, WWE will be losing half it's kid audience in a few years. Many of us grew up watching wrestling probably knowing it was fake and stuff but if kids don't know this and then idolize someone like Cena, they might get mad finding out the truth.

·
Registered
7,749 Posts
If many of us knew wrestling was scripted then, i m sure these new kids also know that. Because in almost every school there is always this one smartass kid who laughs and tells others WWE is fake.

I am not sure about WWE losing its kid audience but i am sure Cena will lose almost 60-70% of his fans in a few years.

·
Registered
18,833 Posts
^He won't. I really see WWE "growing up" with its audience like it did before.

People grew up watching Hogan as a kid then loved watching Austin,Rock when they got older.

So many people now will like Cena growing up then they'll love ____ when they get older

1 - 10 of 10 Posts