Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Banned
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First off has anyone here been bullied? It can be for watching wrestling or anything really. Second do you think that be a star is a void way to get to kids and stop them from bullying?

·
Registered
192 Posts
Personally I don't think WWE should be the ones who carry this campaign out because what they do on their show on a weekly basis is essentially bullying (heel vs face)

I respect the superstars for the work they put into it but let's be honest, our generation never had a B-A-Star campaign and neither did the one before us, and most of us turned out fine. Bullying is a part of life, just have to get over it. Infact it makes some people stronger. Just shows how soft kids have become nowadays, back in my day when you got bullied you settled it with your fists, these days they start crying and beg to meet john cena through make a wish.

·
Registered
1,420 Posts
Anti-bullying campaigns are cool n all, but a wrestling company aint exactly the type of group that should hold one. Altho the real problem is that niggas is sensitive as fuck these days, and they never stand up for themselves. These young'ins jus needa man the fuck up. But the gawd aint never been bullied so i might jus not get it, nahmean?

·
Registered
485 Posts
I think B A Star is a good thing. I've seen a lot of bullying, and it certainly doesn't look nice. Some guys might have had use of this kind of support back in the day.

·
Registered
567 Posts
Who was it? The Bella's? Who kept calling Kelly Kelly fat and ugly not so long ago?... Yeah, great for the anti-bullying campaign that is.

·
Registered
8,281 Posts
Never understood how anybody can allow themselves to be bullied, I was never in that situation though so I don't really know what it's like.

As for BA Star, it is incredibly hypocritical considering Vince and many of the key people involved in it like HHH are known for having previous in bullying, not to mention in pro wrestling pretty much all heels are bully's so it sends out mixed signals and comes across as "do as we say not as we do". I guess at least they are trying to do something about it though as they realise many people that experiance bullying or actually do it themselves may well watch their product but overall I don't think WWE Superstars saying "bullying isn't cool" is really going to do anything.

Bullying comes in all different forms and ways, sometimes people can be bullying somebody and not even realize they're doing it, it's more of a thing the people involved (parents, teachers, the kids themselves) need to sort out themselves and a silly campaign WWE do probably isn't gonna do a damn thing.

It's good PR I guess, that's about it.

·
Registered
3,111 Posts
I see nothing wrong with the campaign, at the end of the day they targeting kids so supporting a charity aiming to help kids is a good idea for them and a good marketing tool.
As people have said though the biggest problem is the fact that they do against the campaign on a weekly basis. The biggest example I found of this was the night after Elimination Chamber where Cena came out getting the crowd to chant "hoeski" at Eve, not a problem with this really but then 10-15 minutes later they ran a B a star video with Cena in it

·
Banned
2,383 Posts
Being bullied builds character.

It's outright hypocritical of Vince to ideally push tough guys while endorsing the "don't pickywick on each otheywotheywoo" message Be A Star are sending.

·
Banned
14,118 Posts
I used to get bullied, but don't care for the campaign. Nothing will stop bullying (I hate that word...)

Anyway, people don't seem to understand that telling kids who watch wrestling not to bully is a good idea.

Because they do it on TV then say that you shouldn't doesn't mean they're hypocrites or anything, it means that they're seriously admitting that wrestling isn't real and it's all like a soap opera so don't do it.

·
Registered
1,164 Posts
It's PR shit and nothing more. WWE knows damn well it's contradictory and stupid, but the deal is making it look like they're making an attempt to do something it, not that they're genuinely trying to.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts