Wrestling Forum banner

41 - 60 of 70 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,779 Posts
Supposedly Undertaker wanted Kurt Angle to break his WrestleMania streak.

I heard Kane, Randy Orton and Edge were discussed by management to beat Taker at Mania, but all refused.

·
#TeamCardcaptor and Oh... Still Music >>>> Wrestli
3,419 Posts
Brock didn't want to beat the Streak, he wanted to lose against 'Taker at WrestleMania 30.
True!

I read somewhere on Phenom Forever that Brock Lesnar didn't want to defeat Undertaker but the management had decided it so, he went along with it.

·
Premium Member
2,779 Posts
That's not true, Undertaker wanted randy orton to breakt he streak, but batista and triple h not. Undertaker didn't want this 2 to beat the streak, and Triple H even pushed vince and bookers to let him face Taker at Wrestlemania 25 and break the streak , but they didn't allow it.

Undertaker only wanted Kane, Randy, Edge and Kurt angle to end the streak.
What's your source on this? Not saying your wrong, I just never heard it.

·
Registered
5,342 Posts
I can imagine a lot of wrestlers wouldn't want to break the Streak. Sure, they'd be a big part of history, but it's a major level of heat to deal with for the rest of your career. Even now, Brock gets a great babyface reaction most of the time, but when the Streak is brought up, there's an onslaught of boos. Luckily, Brock doesn't give a fuck. :D

I'm sure Jericho's mentioned wanting to be the guy to get others over at this stage of his career (although, I have a hard time thinking he wanted to job to Fandango). Sting also mentioned the same thing recently in regards to Seth Rollins.

·
Registered
10,508 Posts
I read in Powerslam Magazine years ago that Eddie Guerrero was originally supposed to retain the WWE Title against JBL at The Great American Bash 2004 but Eddie wanted to lose it because he got sick of carrying the belt.

·
THE NXT CHAMP BAYBAY !
10,815 Posts
Heyman booked Austin to win the ECW title in 95 but Austin chose to put Whipwreck over as he thought it would be better for his character & he was such a Whipwreck fan at the time.

·
\m/
23,504 Posts
Undertaker several times during his streak intact asked Randy Orton, Batista, and even Triple H to break his streak but they rejected out of respect to Undertaker.
I have not been able to confirm it but I've heard that Lesnar himself didn't want to do it at first.

·
Registered
3,026 Posts
Discussion Starter #53
Which year?

·
Registered
1,626 Posts
Austin was originally booked to beat The Rock at Wrestlemania 19, but since he was retiring in real life after that match (Austin adheres to the old-school mentality of "going out on your back") and Rock was going on to do business with Goldberg the following month, so he felt it made more sense to have Rock go over.
:lol

That's a lie. The plan was Rock vs Goldberg at WM XIX but since they couldn't sign Goldberg in time, they did Rock vs Austin with the original plan of Rock going over.

·
Registered
797 Posts
Stacy Keibler not only asked to lose but she turned down the women's title and a push because she felt like there were other divas at the time that deserved it more and it would be disrespectful to them.

·
Registered
3,026 Posts
Discussion Starter #56
Stacy Keibler not only asked to lose but she turned down the women's title and a push because she felt like there were other divas at the time that deserved it more and it would be disrespectful to them.
source?

·
Registered
6,518 Posts
:lol

That's a lie. The plan was Rock vs Goldberg at WM XIX but since they couldn't sign Goldberg in time, they did Rock vs Austin with the original plan of Rock going over.
Um, how does the original plan being Rock vs Goldberg mean that Austin was lying when he said he was originally booked to go over The Rock? I'm pretty sure he wouldn't just openly lie about something that he could be called out on.

·
Registered
2,049 Posts
Kane
Jericho

EVERYTIME
ALL THE TIME

41 - 60 of 70 Posts