Wrestling Forum banner

21 - 40 of 70 Posts

·
#TeamCardcaptor and Oh... Still Music >>>> Wrestli
3,419 Posts
Undertaker several times during his streak intact asked Randy Orton, Batista, and even Triple H to break his streak but they rejected out of respect to Undertaker.

·
The Angle Slammer
2,172 Posts
In TNA i know Lethal was supposed to go over Angle via funky fashion. Angle wanted to put lethal over cleanly. Jarrett said no he needed to win via some shenanigans. When the match happened angle called an audible an had lethal roll him up for the clean win.

He was also scheduled to be first Undisputed champ. Vince asked him if he minded giving Jericho the honor. Angle said he didn't mind at all as Jericho was pretty hot at the time and he knew the win would boost him.

·
Registered
3,026 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
See, I have a much different mentality than the "boys in the back". I'll lose every match, as long as the match itself looks awesome. i realize that the champs get more $$, but I also realize that wrestling is entertainment and scripted. You want me to put someone over? Fine...just make us BOTH look good.

·
Registered
15,410 Posts
Off the top of my head I know that Scott Hall requested X-Pac beat him early in his career. I'm sure there are other times that's happened as well.
Scott Hall also insisted on Jericho beating him in WCW when it was asked that he squash Jericho -- according to him in one of his RF shoots

I think Kevin Nash did the same thing with Rey Mysterio when Rey got a surprise rollup win on him in WCW

·
The discussion threads are back....but I stopped w
725 Posts
Flair wanted to lose the NWA Title to Barry Windham back in '91 but Jim Herd insisted that Luger get the title instead. It was one of the reasons (one out of many reasons) Flair jumped ship to WWF.

·
Stylin on You.
969 Posts
Also didn't Sting asked to lose against HHH and Seth Rollins? I'm sure he confirmed this in a interview somewhere.

·
Registered
1,404 Posts
Punk wanted The Shield to kick his ass in that 3vs1 handicap match at PPV in which he was told to make Roman look really really strong. :punk2

·
Registered
9,003 Posts
Jushin liger in japan did it all the time. He did it to build up other people so when he went over he went over someone who maytered.

·
Registered
2,565 Posts

·
Banned
1,970 Posts
Undertaker several times during his streak intact asked Randy Orton, Batista, and even Triple H to break his streak but they rejected out of respect to Undertaker.
That's not true, Undertaker wanted randy orton to break the streak, but batista and triple h not. Undertaker didn't want this 2 to beat the streak, and Triple H even pushed vince and bookers to let him face Taker at Wrestlemania 25 and break the streak , but they didn't allow it.

Undertaker only wanted Kane, Randy, Edge and Kurt angle to end the streak.

·
Registered
1,593 Posts
Chris Jericho and Scott Hall are pretty much the go to guys on this subject.

Im guessing any match post 2002 HHH and Jeff Jarrett lost counts also lol

·
Registered
22,882 Posts
Not exactly what you're talking about but Mick Foley campaigned to NOT be in the WM 2000 Fatal Four Way as he had just retired and didn't want to be in that spot.

Another one that just pops into my head was when Punk was talking on Cabana's podcast when talking about his 3 vs. 1 match against The Shield. Vince wanted Punk to go over but make Roman look really strong. I think Punk's response "You know what would make them strong? If they beat me."

·
Attending Chris Jericho's Rager with Scott Steiner
6,418 Posts
Roman Anoa'i and Kane, off the top of my head. Roman chose to have his character written out of the world title scene and Kane has rejected numerous WWE World Heavyweight Championship runs to make way for younger guys.

·
Registered
3,992 Posts
I'm pretty sure when Kane lost his WWF Championship only 1 night after winning it, it was by his own choice. That's how selfless the man was, even back then. Imagine how big the man could've been if he were more selfish.

21 - 40 of 70 Posts