Wrestling Forum banner

Has anyone else noticed ..... (About Wrestlemania)

1867 Views 16 Replies 9 Participants Last post by  Amsterdam
Well has anyone else noticed that there are only 3-5 main eventers in the entire WWE right now? I and of them there are only 3 that are currently available; Cena, Orton and Edge. The rest others are HHH and Undertaker. Of all of them, only Cena and Orton will be around for much longer.

I don't count Rey Mysterio, coz he's not really main event, he's like upper midcard. He wins the title on rare occasions but is really only near the title coz there aren't that many other main event guys. Punk is also not main event yet, but he's ooh so close, I will lump him in with the new guys. I don't consider the new guys main event yet, but they are prospective main eventers.

Anyways, to my point, I find it interesting that for the majority of the year before last, the general view of the IWC was push young stars. Now, WWE is pushing them pretty much coz they have to, but it is still cool. Anyways ppl now complain that Wrestlemania is not looking too good as a result of the predicted card we've built up so far in our heads, and the lack of big star power on that card, which is funny because the rising stars are finally being given a chance to shine on the biggest stage of them all and we are disappointed that the big guns aren't all over the show. This might be where the newbies get their shining moment, their career defining moments that cement them as main event forever and ppl are skeptical coz the big names aren't taking the spots that would allow for those moments. In the words of the only green Hurricane, "Wazzup with dat?"

My version of the card looks something like this:

Miz vs Cena - as much as people hate on Cena most his PPV singles matches are pretty exciting, the crowd is involved, whether u (and I mean u) are rooting for him or his opponent u will probably be into the match as well. Ppl rush to say that its gonna be a bad match coz they aren't in-ring technicians but, Cena and Batista have had pretty good matches with each other, need I say more.

Edge vs ADR - both are good in the ring and they can talk, they just need the EC to be done with so they can feud. Although I'm really not so into the idea of ADR being pushed this hard and fast (possibly coz I'm a partial Barrett mark and was hoping he'd win the rumble if someone was SD was gonna) due to his heat not being all that great, but I can't argue that if they can pull it off and get ADR some heat then the match could be pretty epic, considering the work in the ring and the crowd reaction.

Barrett/Sting/HHH vs UnderTaker - Personally, I think the 2-21-11 thing is Taker not Sting (not involving him in anyway, Taker always has one of these when he is returning from being buried alive)and I'm hoping to God that it's not Taker gonna feud with HHH. Like I said b4 I'm a bit of a Barrett mark so i'm hoping for Barrett v. Taker, as this would do wonders for Barrett even if he loses at Wrestlemania, I can see him and Corre taking Taker out for the rest of the year. We all know he is gonna leave for 6 months, his departure might as well be meaningful to the guys that stick around. If it ends up as Taker vs. Sting, I feel it will only be disappointing. This is should just be one of those things that should have happened but never did. I feel if it is done, it will be a bad match (they both too much out of their prime), they will struggle to get the story between the two going with only about a month to WM, they have to introduce Sting, have him or Taker do something to the other, have them explain themselves then start the actual feuding, it will only be lackluster. More, importantly, the ending can only be something no one wants, Sting loses and he looks weak in his debut or Taker loses and the streak ends to a guy that will not last long enough to brag about it. Taker vs. Trips, wud be better, but this makes little sense. Taker ignores the fact that Barrett and his cronies buried him and HHH ignores Sheamus kicking his head off for what? So HHH can avenge (try and fail)HBK's career when HBK wasn't even mad he's gone.

Punk vs Orton - Come on, Punk' got the mic skills to make this feud and they have the wrestling ability to make this a good match. Although this probably resulted from WWE realizing that Miz/Orton was not so good, and just swapped Cena for Orton. Overall, good vibe from this.

MiTB - Don't know who's in it, but hoping Morrison wins and the Miz wins his title match to lead to Morrison finally beating the Miz in singles competition for the first time, after a feud.

So far, there seems to be little complain about to me it seems good so far. But I have the feeling we get;

Cole vs Lawler - Due to the inevitable save Cole will make for the Miz's title. this is inexcusable and will be horrible, but possibly hilarious

Anyways wat r ur thoughts on anything above?
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

· Banned
8,172 Posts
I'm not complaining. 2010 the year of the Youth Movement, so it's inevitable that WreslteMania XXVII - the conclusion of a year's worth of build-up - wouldn't be a transtional PPV. It HAS to happen every once in a while.

The only reason some people are bitching about the new guys is because not all of them are the new guys THEY wanted.

· Registered
865 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'm not complaining. 2010 was a transitional year, so it's inevitable that WreslteMania XXVII - the conclusion of a year's worth of build-up - wouldn't be a transtional one. It HAS to happen every once in a while.

The only reason some people are bitching about the new guys is because not all of them are the new guys THEY wanted.
I suppose, but wat other new guys r there, Bourne is injured, take him out and no one's left really. Sheamus cud be thrown into MiTB or if HHH comes back, right back into a feud with him, Kofi and Morrison will probably be in MiTB coz they make these sorta matches. There's very few ppl left. Even McIntyre and Ziggler will probably be fighting with their "girlfriends" getting them heat

· Registered
534 Posts
There was a rumor that Miz is gonna lose the title at EC and Lawler is gonna drop it the next night on Raw with CM Punk winning it. Making the main event Punk/Orton/Cena And that Miz was gonna win MITB again and cash it in on Cena.

This came from the same person that said WWE was planning a Taker vs HHH with HBK as Ref before it was posted here and before the article appeared that suggested it might actually be possible.

· Registered
865 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
There was a rumor that Miz is gonna lose the title at EC and Lawler is gonna drop it the next night on Raw with CM Punk winning it.

This came from the same person that said WWE was planning a Taker vs HHH with HBK as Ref before it was posted here and before the article appeared that suggested it as possible.
That sounds like a terrible idea, mostly coz it makes little sense. Miz loses, doesn't get his rematch and then Punk (assuming he wins at EC) decides not to wait till wrestlemania and takes the belt, Miz doesn't use his rematch clause. Cena and Miz have nothing to do going into WM. I dunno this just seems like misinformation.

Besides, Miz would never be able to recover in anyone's eyes if Lawler beats him at EC with all the help he'll have in his corner.

· Registered
534 Posts
That sounds like a terrible idea, mostly coz it makes little sense. Miz loses, doesn't get his rematch and then Punk (assuming he wins at EC) decides not to wait till wrestlemania and takes the belt, Miz doesn't use his rematch clause. Cena and Miz have nothing to do going into WM. I dunno this just seems like misinformation.

Besides, Miz would never be able to recover in anyone's eyes if Lawler beats him at EC with all the help he'll have in his corner.
I added a bit more about the stipulation to my above post.

But currently Cena and Miz aren't doing anything. (Cena is actually fueding with CM Punk)

· Banned
8,172 Posts
There was a rumor that Miz is gonna lose the title at EC and Lawler is gonna drop it the next night on Raw with CM Punk winning it. Making the main event Punk/Orton/Cena And that Miz was gonna win MITB again and cash it in on Cena.

This came from the same person that said WWE was planning a Taker vs HHH with HBK as Ref before it was posted here and before the article appeared that suggested it might actually be possible.

· Registered
4,950 Posts
I don't have a problem with young guys getting the spotlight but this isn't any ordinary PPV, it's freaking Wrestlemania. You don't need to put that big match where everyone remembers from it. If you put all these young guys in there, no one would remember it as memorable. That's why people want some big name stars in it.

· Banned
4,476 Posts
This WrestleMania may suck, but hey, at least it can't be any worse than WrestleMania XI.

· Registered
865 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I added a bit more about the stipulation to my above post.

But currently Cena and Miz aren't doing anything. (Cena is actually fueding with CM Punk)
Actually Cena isn't really feuding with Punk anymore, yeah sure he faced Punk in a match this week, but that was not in anyway feud related, just build for the chamber match.

And Cena and the Miz have been dancing around each other for a while now, Cena saying Miz won't make it past the Royal rumble and that he (Cena) would be headlining wrestlemania. Then Miz eliminating Cena from the Rumble and Cena costing Miz a match. Punk is currently directed at Orton, with him costing Orton the title, then being eliminated by Orton from Raw's RUmble and then Orton punting Husky followed by Punk attacking Orton.

· Registered
5,028 Posts
Well has anyone else noticed that there are only 3-5 main eventers in the entire WWE right now? I and of them there are only 3 that are currently available; Cena, Orton and Edge. The rest others are HHH and Undertaker. Of all of them, only Cena and Orton will be around for much longer.
Well, then what is the WWE Champion, The Miz considered to you?? Not a main eventer, but somehow, he's WWE Champ?? Really?.... Really??

· Registered
2,234 Posts
I, and I beleive most other people, will only consider someone a main eventer if we beleive they have a reasonable shot at being able to beat one of the current top guys legitimately (they don't necessarily HAVE to, just that we need to beleive that they can).

EDIT: Reply to MinistryDeadman95.

· Registered
865 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Well, then what is the WWE Champion, The Miz considered to you?? Not a main eventer, but somehow, he's WWE Champ?? Really?.... Really??
Well, yeah and I really...reeeeally... I mean YEAH.

Swagger was WHC champ, does that make him a main eventer, no. Winning the title does not make one a main eventer, Cena has not been champ for a while, yet, he has been the focus of Raw for a while now.

Miz is not a main eventer yet, but he could be very soon.

How many ppv's has Miz main evented as champ? How many main event matches has he been in on Raw? So far he is featured mostly in the middle of the show and generally takes back seat to something else that's going on. Right now it's Punk and the Nexus and their plans to get Punk the title / their interactions with Orton. Before it was Barrett-Cena, I mean they even main evented TLC ppv in just a match with nothing on the line, Miz once again the middle of the card.

My view of a main eventer is anyone who garners attention from their presence alone, they can easily be made the central focus of the show. Say Cena/Orton/Taker/HHH/Edge were to leave and then make a return after a while, it would be a big deal to everyone (IWC included). What's he gonna do? is he a heel or a face? yadda yadda yadda. Imagine the Rock or Stone Cold returning, instant interest is drummed up for anything they do. Cena is the prime example of this, he stepped out of the main event scene to feud with Barrett and basically, the feud became the center of attention. Can u say that Miz would have the same effect if he dropped the title and feuded with a midcarder? I honestly doen't think so.

· Banned
8,172 Posts
I, and I beleive most other people, will only consider someone a main eventer if we beleive they have a reasonable shot at being able to beat one of the current top guys legitimately (they don't necessarily HAVE to, just that we need to beleive that they can).

EDIT: Reply to MinistryDeadman95.
By your standards, not a single fucking new world champion in the past 2 years is a main-eventer. Have fun believing the world is going to revolve around the same 5 guys for eternity.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.