Wrestling Forum banner

has your interest in current WWE gone down during quarantine?

• Yes

Votes: 45 77.6%
  • No

Votes: 13 22.4%

• Total voters
21 - 40 of 53 Posts

·
Fearless University Graduate
15,396 Posts
The unimportant of everything going on in WWE right now I think was the final straw. I barely pay any attention to it now outside of skimming the results, haven't bothered to watch a single segment in weeks now because of how unappealing everything is.

But before the Corona virus hit all I did was skim results and watch a few bots and pieces on Youtube. Everything now seems so lazy and boring, and Miz is still just endlessly jobbing.

·
Registered
2,297 Posts
I don't watch WWE but I tend to check out whats happening during road to WM.

And honestly, this show without crowd is now not only extremely bad, but also depressing to watch.
Just a waste of space on TV.

·
Southern Pride
3,385 Posts
I'm only partially still watching right now. Admittedly I did miss some stuff on RAW last night because it felt like filler. I watch the shows but don't pay attention to certain parts. It's going to be interesting to see how they keep peoples attention after WrestleMania is over.

Side note, if you let one or two people tune you out of a whole show then you clearly lost interest in it altogether.

·
Registered
3,660 Posts
For me the product had already been underwhelming, but if really dropped in quality from about WM34 onwards.

Then I think it completely dropped off a cliff when Roman left. Nothing ever happened. Creative is on auto-pilot, like he’s finished accumulating generic scenarios and exchanges that he can plug types of characters into for decades to come, with only a few glimpses of original creativity by the other creative minds working there allowed to get through.

I think Vince has secretly semi-stepped down.

The following year felt like a transition period full of behind the scenes changes that didn’t become visible on TV immediately. HHH was then demoted, Heyman promoted, a large number of trusted old timers were brought back to help run the show.

While Vince will remain involved as long as he lives, over the past 18 months it just seem like the WWE has lost a certain type of focus.

·
Registered
8,804 Posts
I tuned out years ago. This year's Royal Rumble match got my hopes up, because it was fucking awesome, but they've lost me. The virus doesn't help, but the emphasis in several places has been weird. I'm not ready to trust them yet.

·
Registered
4,761 Posts
I thought i might watch MORE because nothing else is on but honestly i'm just so wrapped up in this corona stuff....kinda nervous and scared.... BAD WWE is just not something i really care about forcing right now. AEW has been a delight, but even that i haven't really given the attention it deserves.

People (me) are worried.

Without corona i would probably do same old same old... . read results, catch clips of things that looked interesting and then go to a wrestlemania party and bitch the whole time but enjoy myself.

but now it's like i just dont care. More impotant things and WWE isn't good enough to "be a good distraction".

They chose a TERRIBLE time to have Goldberg beat the Fiend which was the "last straws" of all last straws for me. That one booking decision has turned me off soooooooooooooooo much. I've said that in the past, but this one has stuck (proof being i have not watched)

·
F*** This indy flippy shit
2,175 Posts
These empty arena show are miserable. I stopped watching after the first one. WrestleMania will be atrocious this year.

They would have been much better off just playing old footage from the video library

·
Registered
847 Posts
It's hard to watch it without any fans in the crowd. I don't know how to describe it, but it makes me uncomfortable. Can't even watch NXT either.

·
Registered
609 Posts
Honestly started tuning out in 2016, maybe even 2015. 2014 is the last year I remember most things. 2015 I was an avid nxt fan. 2016 is when both nxt and wwe started going downhill and I stopped watching regularly. Now I'm completly tuned out tho. Probably spent 5+ hours on wrestling per day in 2013 between wwe,njpw,roh and all the boards/podcasts etc. Now I watch nothing. Even Dynamite without a crowd seems boring to me but aew is def the best thing going.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Last year I asked "how can next year's Mania be worse?" Welp...
Well you certainly got that answered.

Hell you can even ask that question again for next year and yes, it'll be worse.

Amazing how the only thing this company can do consistently good is, getting worse lol.

21 - 40 of 53 Posts