Wrestling Forum banner

has your interest in current WWE gone down during quarantine?

• Yes

Votes: 45 77.6%
  • No

Votes: 13 22.4%

• Total voters
1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
3,660 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just don't care about any of the angles when there is no crowd. I check to see what happened on Youtube but don't actually watch all the highlights. My interest in current wrestling is at an all time low. Have been just watching older stuff on the Network here and there instead of the current WWE television.

I would have been totally OK with WWE postponing everything for a couple of months.

·
Registered
3,661 Posts
Honestly, it's been nice to have a break from WWE, knowing that not much worth watching is actually being missed. I've seen the Edge/Orton promos, and still make sure I see anything Wyatt related ... But the rest is just dull.

I was excited to tune into Asuka V Alexa, until I heard the result was that Alexa handily beat Asuka clean, with practically no trouble at all. The woman that was Becky's nemesis for a full year. It's short term booking like this that really makes the WWE product feel so bad at times. Nothing has meaning, because whatever it is, it'll be forgotten by creative in a week.

Yeah, it's nice to have an excuse to not watch for a while! :)

·
Registered
879 Posts
People tune out every months by the thousands probably.

I tuned out a year ago personally. Before that I was tuning out weeks/months at a time, but I'd always come back to it (ah insomnia haha).
I tried coming back for this RTWM with the Rumble. And the men's Rumble was fine, but dude the weeklies... How bad can it be before they react. So I just stopped watching altogether.
But for sure the corona virus hasn't helped. I can't even bring myself to watch the few things I care about. If there's something that needs a live crowd, it's wrestling.

PS : Goldberg should stick to NCIS Los Angeles and stop coming back. It was great with Brock, and it should have stopped there.

·
Registered
5,587 Posts
I'm still watching, but primarily out of habit, and that it's the Road To Wrestlemania. Definitely not as excited as usual.

The killer is, 2020 in WWE started fantastic. The first four weeks of Raw were outstanding, Brock was appearing on every show like it was 2002, McIntyre was getting organically over as a babyface, Rollins found his niche with his stable and the Monday Night Messiah thing, Owens equally caught on as the everyman babyface, Street Profits were finally having proper matches... the red brand was on fire. Smackdown wasn't quite as hot, but compared to its current state it was great. An actual midcard feud/storyline for the first time in forever with Otis/Ziggler/Mandy, the return of John Morrison, the Fiend and Daniel Bryan were having a compelling feud...

And then the Rumble. Between Edge's incredible return and WWE finally pulling the trigger on someone that wasn't a "safe bet" for the first time in years with McIntyre. And the Edge/Orton feud is one of the most heated in years, to the point that they've somehow retained a large amount of that heat even with empty arena shows.

The biggest misstep creatively this year is Goldberg mowing down The Fiend. Apart from that, I feel the Mania card was looking damn strong until this coronavirus thing hit. These empty arena shows have sucked the energy out of almost everything. Look how lifeless Charlotte Flair vs. Rhea Ripley has become. I have no idea how they'll create any kind of atmosphere for Wrestlemania in its current state. If their cure for it is to have Gronk jumping around like some overgrown ADHD kid, I'm going to start petitioning for my country to change its gun laws so I can put myself out of my misery.

·
Registered
104 Posts
I haven’t been able to work since the middle of January, I think its bad, but at least it is something that is ‘new’ that I haven’t seen before, even if it is mostly background noise. it is better than nothing.
It is normally on when I wake up though, if it was on in the evening I wouldn’t bother.

·
Registered
4,521 Posts
I quit watching well before the corona virus hit, I just couldn't take it anymore. I checked out a RAW without the crowd, and its even worse. AEW made it somewhat work without a crowd at least.

Reactions: They Call Him Y2J

·
Registered
2,137 Posts
This pandemic really did hit home how important a crowd is. I feel for Edge and McIntyre though. Your big in ring return match after nearly a decade which people thought would never happen period is in front of nobody and for McIntyre he has his potentially big moment with nobody there as well.

Probably the worst time this thing could have hit in terms of the wrestling world.

·
Registered
2,475 Posts
AEW has still been surprisingly very good. As for WWE I haven't watched a full episode in months. I watch highlights on YouTube out of curiosity but I feel it's a wast of time to sit through a show.

Reactions: Hangman and YTK

·
Registered
10,150 Posts
I'm still a pretty big fan and watch all of the weekly shows (and AEW), i only really watch wrestling so i'm glad that they are still producing shows. I'm still looking forward to WrestleMania despite the circumstances.

Reactions: LilacLotus

·
The Ayatolla of Rock N Rolla
5,108 Posts
Tuned out years before the corona. JDFROMNY206 on youtube is the only reason I still follow the current product now. His reviews on youtube are hilarious. I just simply watch highlights now. I haven't watched a full episode of Raw from start to finish for the last 3/4 years now. Even though I do have the network, I always watch the attitude era RAWs and PPVs. Their just golden viewing for old school wrestling fans.

·
Registered
690 Posts
I watch YouTube highlights and if anything looks good I find the full segment/match on youtube but I think wwe have done a below average effort with adapting to the coronavirus restrictions considering their incredible resources but then again wwe have for years now struggled to adapt and like sticking to the same old formula, hence why their biggest demographic is 50 years plus who probably dont like change.

Aew whilst not exactly putting on a flawless show in terms of booking/storylines, has put on passable entertaining shows during the same period.

·
The Babyface of WF
12,517 Posts
Nope I can look past empty arenas if it's temporary though I hope this Virus fucks off for the sake of people's lives let alone live shows.

·
Registered
1,641 Posts
I've been a Lapsed Fan since about 2009. I tune in during WM season every year to see if the product is worth getting invested in again. My interest was waning before the empty arena shows

-Lesnar is still something to tune in for. However, him a holding a title hostage all year and Heyman putting next to zero effort in keeping him fresh has made him a black hole for the product. It's been years of this. It sucks

-I don't care for Drew McIntyre. A year ago he was getting the most apathetic reaction I've seen a wrestler get. He does a couple spots in the rumble and stares at Lesnar and all of a sudden I'm supposed to buy him being this badass machine? Sorry, not buying it

-I've always hated Cena

-Edge is meh. Good performer, but I don't really care that his character is back in the mix. Good for him(on a personal level) that he was able to come back

-Undertaker. Hahahahaha. His interview with Austin on the Broken Skull show was the best thing he has done in almost a decade. At this point, he is just an entrance in the dark where they can hide his age and try to turn the clock back.

-Becky's reign should have ended a while ago. She's very stale IMO

-Reigns and Rollins are two of the worst guys you could devote years to building the company around. They're a solid reason why the product has been nosediving for most of the 2010s

Only performers I really care for are Bryan, Styles, Orton, Ziggler, and the Fiend. Unfortunately, those guys just aren't enough to get me to invest the time to suffer through the rest of the crap that WWE throws out there

·
Registered
12,862 Posts
No...

I tuned out last year after the Charlotte fuckery.

If WWe puts out a good product for a solid chunk of time, I'm talking a year or more, I'll consider coming back, until then I'll save my money.

1 - 20 of 53 Posts