Wrestling Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
5,070 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
By this I mean every week they come out alternating as heel then face then heel then face.
One week cursing and insulting the fans the next week praising the fans and other such face traits.

Its strange but it would be a very interesting thing to see, to never know what they are going to do next adding a whole new dimension to their character.

·
There is no duty we so much underrate as... being
19,156 Posts
Re: Has anyone come out heel one week then face next then heel tetc?

LOL @ the TNA circa 2009/2010 response. Very accurate.

Good call on the Foley and his multiple personalities.

A couple of others... The Rock, I believe, in the very, very early fall of 1998. He had just dropped the Intercontinental Championship to Triple H at Summerslam and was still technically a heel but he was getting cheered by an ever-increasing segment of the audience. At times his pops were as big as most of the top faces, though he was still staying formally a heel for a little while before sort of just organically turning babyface... And then, of course, turning back heel at Survivor Series with the "double turn" to close out the night and Deadly Games tournament.

Edge in the summer of 2010 is another one. He was completely superfluous on Raw and would literally act like a babyface one segment, a heel another and then later on, often go back and forth two or three more times over the course of one evening. He'd do something heelish, then act like a face, then something heelish again, or something like that. He was literally a tweener through August/September or so of that year, though still technically a heel. They'd turn him face for good in that promo with The Miz, Alex Riley and Michael Cole in the very, very early fall a day before he was sent to Smackdown as the brand's new top face.

Reactions: Samoon

·
Registered
1,488 Posts

kane

·
Registered
1,171 Posts

Didn't Umaga turn face for like two weeks in 2007, then turn heel again? I seem to remember him teaming up with Triple H or something.

·
Its Yer'sel
6,148 Posts

A schizophrenic gimmick.. that could work, until WWE books a match against himself.

·
Registered
1,022 Posts
Stone cold and Bret Hart during the Canada/USA storyline in 1997.

·
Registered
3,528 Posts
Natalya literally turned face and heel again and again for a couple of weeks.

·
Best in the World
2,522 Posts
It was complicated, she was face on NXT but heel on Smackdown. This was when she had a small NXT push, why the fuck she was in NXT is beyond me, the best women wrestlers are in NXT, Maxine, Kaitlyn, Natalya. Get them into the main shows! This is a WRESTLING company.

·
Registered
1,484 Posts
Haha, yeah. I was gonna mention this.

Tamina is another one where they can't seem to decide. That's just shitty booking, which is entirely the opposite of a dynamic, gripping character who displays bipolar tendencies. Ineptitude not competence at work, as usual.

·
Registered
1,325 Posts

A schizophrenic gimmick.. that could work, until WWE books a match against himself.
Al Snow had a match against himself. I believe he also had a match against head.

In fact, here is Al Snow V Al Snow

·
Registered
1,325 Posts
I think as well that the Canadian wrestlers would get cheered in Canada, even if they were heels

·
Recognize
21,378 Posts
HHH in the Summer of 2000. Depending on who he was facing he was heel and got booed or face and got cheered. If he came out against Jericho or Rock he was the heel but if he came out against Angle then he was the face lol. It changed from week to week depending on what he was doing.

·
Premium Member
2,997 Posts
CM Punk. A heel when he was cutting the shoot, a tweener when he returned with the megaphone, then a face later that night with his segment with Vince Mcmahon.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts