Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
~Believe~
2,689 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
SO I really wanted to share this with ya'll, I got my Harry Potter 7 Part 1 movie ticket today. I am going to the 7 PM Showing on Opening night. I have gone to that showing every opening day since the very first movie. I was 13 back then and I am now 22, so this is pretty exciting for me. Actually I am more then sure MANY MANY MANY people have gone to the opening night shows like I have for all the films. So I wanted to ask all of you who enjoy the Harry Potter Movies, did you get your tickets yet?
The previews for this film look fantastic, my mom doesn't even watch the Harry Potter movies and she said the previews she has seen look great.

I usually line up 5 hours before the show, I have always gotten good seats with my routine. I am looking forward to these films but its going to be very weird to never go to a Harry Potter line up again after the last film. But I have a feeling the memories of the 8 films will be around for a long time for everyone who has gone to them.

·
DAVID OTUNGA's Personal Assistant
9,748 Posts
the movies have sucked, for the most part.

1 and 2 were decent, 3 was great, and then it was all downhill for the most part. you basically just watch a bunch of prepubescents bitch for an hour and a half about hormones, Harry does stupid shit and gets himself in trouble, but who really cares cuz his friends know magic and its a bitch to kill him anyways.

but still, after all that, of course im fucking going to see Deathly Hallows. i didn't waste all that money to back out now. this one actually looks good though, but i also thought the last one did, before i walked in on that disaster and a half.

·
Indeed
16,945 Posts
My favorite is 4. Am I the only one who loved that one? The slapstick was great. 3 has become another favorite of mine over the years. At first, I didn't think much of it, but after subsequent rewatches, I've grown more fond of it. 1 and 2 are like a candy package deal - first few times are great, but too much of it and you'll get sick. 5 was good, but not great. It felt like it was on fast forward.

I disagree with you on Half Blood Prince, Rawling. I thought it was one of the better ones. Top 3, for sure. But, we can't please everyone. I'm definitely gonna watch The Deathly Hallows. I finished the book three years ago; hopefully, they don't let me down.

·
~Believe~
2,689 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
the movies have sucked, for the most part.

1 and 2 were decent, 3 was great, and then it was all downhill for the most part. you basically just watch a bunch of prepubescents bitch for an hour and a half about hormones, Harry does stupid shit and gets himself in trouble, but who really cares cuz his friends know magic and its a bitch to kill him anyways.

but still, after all that, of course im fucking going to see Deathly Hallows. i didn't waste all that money to back out now. this one actually looks good though, but i also thought the last one did, before i walked in on that disaster and a half.
I agree 1 and 2 were decent and 3 was great but I disagree that the rest went downhill. Goblet of fire was good but Dumbledore was too aggressive in that one and some things were done really wrong. Order of the Phoenix was great in my opinion, its one of my favorite ones out of the bunch so far. My only main problem with half blood prince was the ending was too rushed. There was no you know what for dumbledore (don't wanna spoil it) and the thing with the death eaters was way too short, but it was a good movie.
Actually my main problem with Movie 2 was it was rushed for the most part, there was no death day party and the excuse Harry, Ron and Hermione gave the teachers when he found Mrs. Norris was totally stupid. But still it was a good movie.

·
Registered
544 Posts
My favorite is 4. Am I the only one who loved that one? The slapstick was great. 3 has become another favorite of mine over the years. At first, I didn't think much of it, but after subsequent rewatches, I've grown more fond of it. 1 and 2 are like a candy package deal - first few times are great, but too much of it and you'll get sick. 5 was good, but not great. It felt like it was on fast forward.

I disagree with you on Half Blood Prince, Rawling. I thought it was one of the better ones. Top 3, for sure. But, we can't please everyone. I'm definitely gonna watch The Deathly Hallows. I finished the book three years ago; hopefully, they don't let me down.
100% bang on the money as far as I'm concerned.

·
Banned
1,774 Posts
i enjoyed movie 5 more than book 5
1 was good
2 kinda was a lame movie
3 and 4 the movie was great
6 was kinda weird, the part where dumbledore drank the water thing (sorry dont remember the name of it) was too short

·
Registered
2,156 Posts
3 is hands down the best potter movie. Can't wait to see the first part of this one, the trailers are indeed amazing. Hoping it'll beat Twitards record for biggest midnight or opening weekend, whichever it is.

·
9,748 Posts
3 is hands down the best potter movie. Can't wait to see the first part of this one, the trailers are indeed amazing. Hoping it'll beat Twitards record for biggest midnight or opening weekend, whichever it is.
it's midnight, but it won't matter most likely. the last Twilight will come out after the last Harry Potter. as long as it keeps improving in numbers like they have, it will just out-do Harry Potter in the end.

not like thats a big deal anyway, Harry Potter rapes Twilight in every other imaginable box office category.

·
Indeed
16,945 Posts
3 is a strange one. It was a critical darling when it was first released, but the initial reaction from the Harry Potter fanbase was not entirely positive, at least, not as much as the first two (and it made the least amount of money). As time went on, the film's stock had risen exponentially, probably in relation to the later films' releases. I was one of the ones who did not enjoy it as much as the first two, but as years went by and I watched more of it, I began to appreciate it more and it has turned into my second favorite HP film (after Goblet of Fire).

·
9,748 Posts
3 is the only really good one as far as im concerned. not that im surprised, with Alfonso Cuaron being the man and everything.

·
Banned
7,852 Posts
i completely gave up on Harry Potter after the 3rd one... Zoe Wanamaker as Madam Hooch in the first one, was cool to me, only cuz I watched My Family on BBC at the time, but yeah grew out of Harry Potter and haven't watched or read anything after Prisoner of Azerbaijan or whatever it is.

·
The Man
15,248 Posts
I thought all the movies have been decent movies at least, and from the trailers this one looks awesome, so yeah I'm really looking forward to it.

·
KAMEHAMEHA!
18,178 Posts
None of the movies are as good as the books, but it's completely different the direction they're taking. 6th book was the best in the series, I'd say but the movie completely destroyed all the great elements there were of Voldemort's past. Sectumsempra looked better in my head than on the screen too.

Will watch the movie but it's just a non-canon adaptation and it won't stay in my head.

·
The Man
15,248 Posts
I agree that none of the movies are as good as the books, but I still think they are really good movies.

The first two movies very faithfully followed the books, but as someone said watching them too many times can get boring, as they almost lack... personality, if that makes sense. It's like reading the book except not as good; so there isn't too much of a point in re-watching them too many times. They are still good movies though.

The third and fourth both get some hate, but I still enjoy them a lot; especially the 4th although I think they should have explained some things better. The fifth was pretty good and I did enjoy the sixth as well, although the random fight scene at the Weasley's and the lack of a fight at the end were kind of lame. Also the Sectumsempra scene could have been better done imo. They didn't focus on Voldemort's childhood as much as they should have done though. Voldemort had potential to be a great villain, but he ended up just being the creepy guy Harry fought at the end of each story. They gave him a bit more character when they went into his backstory in the sixth though, which is why I wish they had kept a few more memories in the movie.

As I said, judging by the trailers this movie looks fantastic, however there are a few things I am a bit weary about. Dobby getting reintroduced just to die a few minutes later is going to not work out too well imo. Same with the wedding scene, where Fleur is going to be also randomly reintroduced and Bill will show up for the first time. I just think they didn't work out the side stories too well in the other movies, and now it's going to come back and haunt them when they try and play out all these storylines that haven't really been introduced at all yet.

·
Premium Member
6,456 Posts
I started the 1st Harry Potter movie when I was young so I feel like I have to finish the series, despite what I feel about it.

The books are totally different and far better. I loved the Half Blood Prince book. Snape's my fav character. :p

·
~Believe~
2,689 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
even though I have enjoyed the movie opening experiences, I will always stand by what I have felt, and that is The books will always be better then the movies :) The Harry Potter series is the first bunch of novels I have read and really enjoyed :)

1 - 20 of 20 Posts