Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2,837 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
7 time NWA champion, well known hard man who started wrestling at 15, was voted number 7 in the top 50 greatest wrestlers in that recent WWE top 50 DVD. Anyone who wins the NWA championship seven times can be nothing but great, but i just wanted to know what is everyones take on Harley Race.

·
Celestial Messiah
33,588 Posts
The baddest man on the planet. When he was 15 he was expelled from school for breaking the principal's neck. Then, before he turned 18 he spent most of his days in bars beating up entire gangs of full grown men with beards. in WCW, even in his later years, everyone was scared shitless of him, despite his code of honour with other wrestlers.

The toughest son of a bitch who ever lived. I love this guy. Deserves more respect.

·
Administrator
59,009 Posts
I wonder why he was never given a real shot in the WWF. Sure he won KOTR, but he never won the WWF title, had memorial feuds or was an actual main-eventer. He had main-event matches but never seemed like he belonged based on how he was booked.

·
Registered
2,837 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I wonder why he was never given a real shot in the WWF. Sure he won KOTR, but he never won the WWF title, had memorial feuds or was an actual main-eventer.
i think his best years were behind him yet he still got praise for getting a great match out of the Junkyard Dog at WM3.

·
Registered
2,837 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The baddest man on the planet. When he was 15 he was expelled from school for breaking the principal's neck. Then, before he turned 18 he spent most of his days in bars beating up entire gangs of full grown men with beards. in WCW, even in his later years, everyone was scared shitless of him, despite his code of honour with other wrestlers.

The toughest son of a bitch who ever lived. I love this guy. Deserves more respect.
That is what you call a real tough S.O.B, WWE need to release a DVD on this man and show some of his great feuds with dusty rhodes, ric flair, tery funk and more and what a documentry you would get out of this man.

·
Celestial Messiah
33,588 Posts
Definitely, but the problem is, would the average WWE fan even know who he is?

But I know for a fact that backstage he's Triple H's other major idol besides Flair. So he might stand a chance.

·
Banned
306 Posts
Great worker, would of liked him to have more sucess in the WWF.

·
Registered
2,837 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Definitely, but the problem is, would the average WWE fan even know who he is?

But I know for a fact that backstage he's Triple H's other major idol besides Flair. So he might stand a chance.
i think your right would the average fan buy the Dvd but they should be forced too and see what a real wrestler is. I see more influence of Race in Triple H then Flair, i never understood why flair see's Triple H as his clone.

·
Registered
6,280 Posts
he's Triple H's other major idol besides Flair. So he might stand a chance.
Indeed. A decent portion of Triple H's basic moves come from or are inspired by Harley Race.

i think his best years were behind him yet he still got praise for getting a great match out of the Junkyard Dog at WM3..
Yeah...he was over the hill by the time he arrived in WWE; he was already 44 and looked every day of it. Any Race fan should just be happy he succeeded at all in WWE at his age.

i think your right would the average fan buy the Dvd but they should be forced too and see what a real wrestler is. I see more influence of Race in Triple H then Flair, i never understood why flair see's Triple H as his clone.
When did Flair ever say that or anything similar?

·
Registered
12,437 Posts
I remember an interview where someone said Race never went to a gym but was one of the toughest bastards in the business anyways.

·
Shitting On The Bastards Below
1,101 Posts
1 - 11 of 11 Posts