Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
403 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Some of the greatest tag team wrestling the WWF/E ever saw was thanks to these three teams. The "then and now" part of teh topic is my question of if your opinion on any of the teams has changed.

Did you pefer say the Hardy Boyz then but you like Edge and Christian more now? Taste tends to grow and evolve with age and whenI was watching these guys, I was like...12. So big difference between the 22 year old me and the 12-year-old-me.

Though, not so much in this instance. I still like the Hardyz most simply because they had the "it" factor you need in a team. Don't get me wrong, E&C were hilarious and when it comes to promos, they blew either team out of the water. But during a match, my eyes were, and still are, on the Hardyz more than either of the other teams.

·
Registered
2,279 Posts
The Hardys were pretty memorable to me as a child, but I've always been more of a fan of Edge and Christian, Christian especially. I always knew even back then that Edge was the "star" of the team and I've always hoped Christian would be a world champion on the big stage.

The Dudleys weren't terrible, they had their moments.

·
Lucy Snorebush
2,073 Posts
Out of the three i'm a Hardyz fan. Splitting the Dudleys up was ridiculous and I hate whenever it's redone also (ala TNA). Never really liked Edge and Christian that much but absolutely love them as singles competitors.

Also didn't agree with the splitting of Hardyz but a massive fan of what Jeff accomplished on his own. Matt although was always the leader of the group was an incredible flop as a singles competitor which always suprised me as I thought if anyone was to main event out of the two it would be him.

·
Registered
3,593 Posts
Gotta give it to The Hardy Boyz actually. Out of the three they are the group that I really like to see as a tag team then singles competitors. Jeff and Matt's (minus Version 1 Matt) singles runs aren't something I can say I enjoy. Dudley Boyz were a team that's a close second I think in this factor. In the original ECW especially I loved to hate them much similar to a lot of people. But once against similar to Matt & Jeff, I wasn't too big and still not on their singles runs.

Edge & Christian are the only two I can say I liked their singles runs more. Captain Charisma and The Rated R Superstar are things I've enjoyed during their runs as singles competitors. Only thing that would actually make it better is giving Christian a world title besides WWECW.

In short:
Tag Team: Hardys > Dudleys/E&C
Singles: Edge/Christian > V1 Matt > Current Matt/Jeff/Dudleys

·
Registered
6,573 Posts
This definately has been the greatest tagteam feud ever.

These three teams really got out the best out of each other. E & C is my favourite tagteam of all time, but back then the Hardy Boyz and the Dudley Boyz were in their prime also.

Also to notice, seeing as where the Hardys are now is pretty pathetic in my mind. Back in that time they were good performers, now ... Jeff is having problems with drugs and a lawsuit and all that Matt has ever done since turning (face) single is wine. The Dudley Boyz ofcourse didn't go on that warpath, but aren't close to who they were back then.

·
Registered
4,807 Posts
I presume by now - you mean our current view of them back then...

Back then I liked The Hardyz, but loved E&C and the Dudleyz. That's not really changed, but my opinion of the Hardyz has been tainted a little because of modern day stuff.

·
Harvester of Sorrow
12,036 Posts
My favorite tag team is the Dudley Boyz, so obviously I loved the Dudleyz back in the day. To me, the Dudleyz are the definitive tag team of this decade. They have won the tag titles in every company they've been in, ECW, WWE, TNA as well as Japan, including the WCW tag titles in WWE. Which I suppose wasn't technically WCW, but at the same time WWE owned the rights to WCW so you could proberly consider them former WCW tag champs as well, meaning they've held all three tag titles WWE, WCW, ECW. They've also put on a lot of memorable matches, as well as been part of the reason for why the tag division was so great in 2000/2001.

As for the Hardyz and E&C, well I liked them as well. The Hardyz for me were entertaing back in the day, and they deserve credit where it's due for their part with the tag division, and Edge and Christian were just golden as a tag team, really funny and the best heel tag team of this decade.

·
You're a mong.
5,399 Posts
When I was young, I liked the Hardy's for all the spots they did - looking back now I prefer the work of E & C (still don't find them funny though). Never really liked or disliked the Dudleys, they were just... there.

·
Banned
15,929 Posts
My favorite tag team is the Dudley Boyz, so obviously I loved the Dudleyz back in the day. To me, the Dudleyz are the definitive tag team of this decade. They have won the tag titles in every company they've been in, ECW, WWE, TNA as well as Japan, including the WCW tag titles in WWE. Which I suppose wasn't technically WCW, but at the same time WWE owned the rights to WCW so you could proberly consider them former WCW tag champs as well, meaning they've held all three tag titles WWE, WCW, ECW. They've also put on a lot of memorable matches, as well as been part of the reason for why the tag division was so great in 2000/2001.

As for the Hardyz and E&C, well I liked them as well. The Hardyz for me were entertaing back in the day, and they deserve credit where it's due for their part with the tag division, and Edge and Christian were just golden as a tag team, really funny and the best heel tag team of this decade.
This shit right here!

Dudleys FTW!

·
Registered
537 Posts
Dudley Boyz all the way, they were always top of the pile when it comes to them three

"Did you pefer say the Hardy Boyz then but you like Edge and Christian more now? Taste tends to grow and evolve with age and whenI was watching these guys, I was like...12. So big difference between the 22 year old me and the 12-year-old-me."

Exaaaaaactly !

·
Premium Member
6,817 Posts
A young me always sided with the face, so I remember liking The Hardyz a good bit. Even though I can remember saying out loud that Matt was the "Loser" of the group.

·
Premium Member
2,651 Posts
A young me always sided with the face, so I remember liking The Hardyz a good bit. Even though I can remember saying out loud that Matt was the "Loser" of the group.
What?! But he was dating Lita at the time. I used to like Matt more than Jeff back then. I liked the Dudley's putting random people through tables and the "WASSSUP?" they did. I did laugh at the E&C promo's but they were heels, so I didn't like them and wanted them to lose. Always. I was 10 in 2000 when I first started watching by the way.

·
Registered
458 Posts
Edge & Christian have been the most successful of the groups.

Anyone who says the Dudleyz is obviously trolling. They've literally spent nearly 10 years being mediocre.

·
Registered
10,590 Posts
Don't care for The Dudleys tbh.

Even when I was a kid I didn't give a rat's ass about them, unless they put someone through a table,

I was a big Hardy Boyz mark, mostly more of a Jeff Hardy fan. I'd never really liked/appreiciated Christian until I got older. Was ALWAYS an Edgehead though.

·
Registered
7,658 Posts
I was a huge fan of the Hardyz as kid - these days in the middle, i don't hate em, but i don't like em either.

I did'nt like Edge/Christian as a kid when they turned heel - these days i'm a fan of both but like Edge more.

I did'nt like The Dudleys as a kid when they turned heel - these days i can't stand them and wish both would retire.

·
Registered
691 Posts
Christian was my favourite. I didn't like Edge because he looked creepy. I didn't care about the Dudleys generally, but got pissed at them when they tried to stop Spike from seeing Molly. That made me sad. I had a love-hate thing going on with the Hardy Boyz. I was seven/eight. :p

Nowadays I pretty much feel the same way, lol. Although I like Jeff and Edge a lot more, and began to really dislike Matt in 2005.

·
Registered
3,432 Posts
so long ago, loved edge and christain, the other two didnt like them then nor now... dramatacally miss tag team wrestling how it used to be, the dudleys e&c hardyz and benoit&jericho tlc on smackdown will always be one of my favorite matches of all time

1 - 18 of 18 Posts