Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Banned
2,408 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sauce: http://www.thepilot.com/news/2011/jan/20/hardy-expected-plead-today/

Champion pro wrestler Jeff Hardy’s court case has been postponed again.

According to his lawyer, Hardy was expected to take a plea bargain today in Superior Court to charges stemming from his 2009 arrest on drug charges.

But at calendar call, Assistant District Attorney Warren McSweeney told Senior Resident Judge James M. Webb they would need more time.

"Subject to Your Honor’s approval,” McSweeney said, “we have agreed to set that over to February the 16th in the morning."

Moore County deputy sheriffs arrested the world champion wrestler in Sept. 2009 after a search of his home in Cameron discovered quantities of illegal drugs including prescription Vicodin and Soma, a quantity of anabolic steroids, along with a small amount of cocaine and drug paraphernalia.

·
Registered
2,643 Posts
Another delay?

Jeez, they might as well just drop the charges already. It's almost been what, a year and a half? Just have him do communnity service and end it.

·
Registered
12,737 Posts
February the 16th, TNA was going to put the best back on him on the February 3 Impact that why the purple belt is on Anderson. Now What?

·
Registered
4,007 Posts
does it even matter anymore? we're slowly on the way to the second straight year since his arrest, he's not going to jail he's not going to have a trial at all, they will postpone it at least until hardy is too old to even move

·
StarStruck
2,038 Posts
Ugh, I wish they'd finally end this, I'm sick of hearing about it, I can't imagine how sick of it the Hardy Family themselves are about it.

·
Registered
13,042 Posts
Well I guess we can assume the original plea bargain had some jail time, or why even bother doing it?

·
Registered
6,319 Posts
It says on pwinsider that someone who attended the trial said that they requested the extra time to come to the terms of the deal. That'd probably mean one side or the other is unhappy with what's been offered. Are they trying to push jail time on Hardy, and his lawyers are attempting to keep him free? Who knows! It's not very interesting, though.

·
Celestial Messiah
33,587 Posts
The justice system fails again.

I say just lock the whole family up. Jeff for being a druggie fuckup and Matt for beings nuts. Id say it would do both of them alot of good. Give them time to really think their situation over.

·
Banned
2,383 Posts
I suppose the good side of this is that if Hardy was supposed to take the title right back from Anderson, that will now take a little longer. That obviously bodes well for Anderson, but I think it's good for us as well. Nobody likes month long title reigns because they make everyone look weak.

·
Registered
2,222 Posts
I was gonna go to court until i got high
then i just post a hearing on Feb 16.
cause I got high I got high I got high

thats a great theme song for Jeff
wrestling inc.com

·
Premium Member
44,440 Posts
LOL!!! I want Hardy's lawyer. This is the sweetest deal ever.

Show up for court...yeah we'll put this off another 6 months. At this rate, 20 years will go by and the judge will be like "Why are you in trouble again?"

·
Registered
1,912 Posts
Was Hardy in court or is he in France, if the later then he knew, his lawers knew and TNA knew it would be postponed.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts