Wrestling Forum banner

41 - 60 of 88 Posts

·
Greek God of Knowledge
7,063 Posts
Think of it this way, if Bray Wyatt left the WWE tomorrow and went to GFW do you think Vince would let him be Bray Wyatt there? Of course not, it's the WWEs property.
And that's similar to this because...?

·
Banned
6,852 Posts
People who are agreeing with TNA on this saying "WWE always done this in the past to them". The thing is WWE doesn't care if they get the broken gimmick or not. The Hardys do. This is something the Hardys want to have cause its their creation. So TNA doing this is not screwing WWE, its screwing the Hardys.

·
Banned
6,218 Posts
Discussion Starter #49
Lol because I have no tolerance for washed up part timers that are harming the business? Good thing you're not a WWE writer.
Part timers are better than the geeks on the roster currently and the Hardyz are full time geek....

·
Registered
16,454 Posts
I gave up caring to be honest.

Even if WWE do get the right to use the Broken gimmick you honestly think they well treat it with any respect or dignity, you even think WWE will give Matt Hardy the freedom to work this gimmick, this is WWE, freedom isn't a luxury they have, its all scripted shit by men that have no clue what their audience wants...

Look how badly talent is booked in WWE right now and you all honestly want WWE to handle that?

I think i'll be happier without it.

·
Registered
24 Posts
People who are agreeing with TNA on this saying "WWE always done this in the past to them". The thing is WWE doesn't care if they get the broken gimmick or not. The Hardys do. This is something the Hardys want to have cause its their creation. So TNA doing this is not screwing WWE, its screwing the Hardys.
Isn't Anthem's argument that their employees worked heavily with the Hardys on the creation of the gimmick?

·
You need to be yourself, you can't be no-one else.
7,174 Posts
you could say the deal was ....broken......

·
Lets go to the old mill anyway, get some cider!
15,626 Posts
And that's similar to this because...?
What do you mean? Its the exact same thing.

If a talent left WWE for GFW and portrayed a character that the WWE felt was their creation of course they wouldn't allow them to use it.

Their is alot of precedence on this topic tbh. Dudley Boys, Ultimate Warrior, Scott Hall, Kevin Nash, etc. WWE produced those characters so therefore they owned them, same exact thing here.

·
Premium Member
241 Posts
This is a legitimately dumb take. Part of the reason why WWF took WCW to court in 1996 was because of Hall still portraying his Razor Ramon cuban accent. They were trying to delay one of the hottest angles of all-time, due to a cuban accent. Think about that.

The lesson here is pro wrestling promotions can be pretty fucking petty. This isn't exclusive to TNA/GFW.

·
Registered
4,146 Posts
This is a legitimately dumb take. Part of the reason why WWF took WCW to court in 1996 was because of Hall still portraying his Razor Ramon cuban accent. They were trying to delay one of the hottest angles of all-time, due to a cuban accent. Think about that.

The lesson here is pro wrestling promotions can be pretty fucking petty. This isn't exclusive to TNA/GFW.
It's not even a matter of "can be". It's a matter of most definitely are petty. Although I don't think that this is a case of anyone being petty. It's just the standard operating procedure for the business(many industries do the same thing). The Hardys are actually the ones that come across as petty to me because they are people that have been in the business for a long time and most certainly have experienced having to change something up in order to work other places and now they are getting all sour over the situation.

·
Registered
5,757 Posts
ffs join bray and do the whole whyatt gimmick,, hey presto broken gimmick without the word broken and impact and cunt boy ed can go whistle for it

41 - 60 of 88 Posts