Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 128 Posts

·
Premium Member
25,943 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
CARTHAGE - Jeff Hardy, a professional wrestler from Cameron who was arrested last year on drug charges, plans to plead guilty in court next month, according to the Moore County district attorney.

Moore County deputies raided Hardy's home in September 2009 after Fayetteville police received a tip about drug use there.

Lawmen found about 262 doses of Vicodin, a prescription painkiller, 180 Soma prescription pills, 55 milliliters of anabolic steroids, a residual amount of powder cocaine and drug paraphernalia. He faces several drug charges.

Hardy, 33, is the current world champion of Total Nonstop Action Wrestling on the Spike TV cable channel.

Read more: http://www.charlotteobserver.com/2010/12/27/1936732/moore-da-pro-wrestler-to-plead.html#ixzz19IINerag
http://www.charlotteobserver.com/2010/12/27/1936732/moore-da-pro-wrestler-to-plead.html

What are the odds that they've reached a plea deal?

Edit:
TNA Champion Jeff Hardy plans to plead guilty during his next court appearance on January 20, according to Moore County district attorney Maureen Krueger. Hardy was arrested in September 2009 on various drug related charges when police received an anonymous phone call.

Krueger declined to comment on whether Hardy would be offered a deal in exchange for his pleas or whether he would be able to avoid jail time. For more on the story, visit Fayobserver.com. http://fayobserver.com/articles/2010/12/26/1058055

Powell's POV: Krueger's refusal to comment on a potential plea agreement seems to suggest that the two sides have reached a deal. I don't know why else Hardy would agree to plead guilty after all this time. It will be interesting to see whether he does any jail time.
prowrestling. net

·
GIANTS
2,647 Posts
I can't see them reaching a plea deal, unless it's just for probation...I can't see Hardy doing hard time for this offense.

First RVD's # of dates runs out on TNA and they have to strip him of the title, now if Hardy goes to jail TNA will have to do the same...get ready for a Janice attack Jeff :side:

·
This Is Why We Can't Have Nice Things
8,661 Posts
He will probably get off from any jail time and be left to fuck up again for the hell I lost count lets say ninth time. Jeff Hardy is the biggest embarrassment to the wrestling business as a person I have encountered since I started watching.

·
Premium Member
25,943 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I can't see them reaching a plea deal, unless it's just for probation...I can't see Hardy doing hard time for this offense.

First RVD's # of dates runs out on TNA and they have to strip him of the title, now if Hardy goes to jail TNA will have to do the same...get ready for a Janice attack Jeff :side:
I only say that they've probably reached a deal because of all the admin hearings he's had. He basically pleaded to avoid a trial. They'll either reduce or drop some of the charges and he'll plead guilty to it.

·
Registered
5,743 Posts
I hope he gets some kind of a punishment and not just a slap on the wrist.

But at most he will get a few hours of community service.

·
Banned
4,257 Posts

·
The human torch was denied a bank loan.
7,576 Posts
Wow, he had a serious amount of drugs in his house. I like how at the end they are like 'oh, he's also TNA's World Heavyweight Champion', looks great doesn't it? Top notch publicity.

·
Registered
167 Posts
I can't believe he was charged nearly 15 months ago and the verdict is still up in the air. I thought he would go to jail or prison at first, but since it's dragged out so long, my guess is he will get fined and ordered to do some "treatment". If WWE pays for his rehab, it'll crack me up harder than a Jerry Lawler joke.

·
Registered
10,592 Posts
First off all the people wishing for Hardy to be in jail, I don't think you're any much better. So he that is without sin cast the first stone.

Secondly, Hardy's life isn't any of my business and whatever happens to him, happens.

1 - 20 of 128 Posts