Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
SGT. AT ARMS
19,322 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
The build up to this match is just so odd, you'd think it was Matt vs Fortune at the ppv in a handicapped match the way he's just interacting with them every show. He never has any contact with Hardy in any way except when Hardy shows up at the end of his matches and gives him a cheap shot.

When's the last time Jeff even cut a promo in the ring at all? the guy is absent almost every show, he's never with Immortal backstage or anything. These sneak attacks are getting old it's the same every time Morgan wrestle's Jeff comes out at the last moments of the match or after and cheap shots Morgan then leaves.

It would help Jeff if you got on the Mic and cut a promo once in a while and I'm not talking interviews on Re Action i mean in the ring.

·
Registered
549 Posts
They don't have Hardy do in ring promos because the IZ would cheer for him and ruin it. I agree though that the build has been poor, there's no well developed grudge at all between the two guys supposedly main eventing the PPV.

·
8,232 Posts
It's just pure garbage, and the second TNA PPV in a row I could give 2 shits about.

Quite pathetic really.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Matt Morgan sucks...he is the most boring wrestler in the entire roster... as soon as he appears I change the damn channel until his promo is over. More Anderson, less Morgan..please.. and that f#$got and that fat bitch cookie both should be fired..they are idiotic. But the most annoying thing in the impact zone is the the fake crowds.. damn it they act like people who have never been to a wrestling show and they don't know a damn thing about wrestling... when Bubba ray mentioned the names of The Rock, Undertaker and others there was no pop..they dont know a damn thing about wrestling and that is affecting my enjoyment.. I like to feel the intensity of the crowd.

·
Registered
433 Posts
Hardy gave Anderson a concussion.

Morgan sacrificed his comfy spot in Fortune because he believes so strongly in taking concussions seriously.

Hardy escaped with the title last month. Morgan now wants his rematch and Hardy, who knows he should have lost if not for a referee error, is scared to face Morgan unless he's already been beaten down.

So, yeah, the feud started off more as Morgan vs. Immortal and challenging Hardy to a title match was just a way to get back at Bischoff, but because he got screwed out of the title he now is more concerned with that. Since when is wanting to win your first title or get revenge not enough to justify a wrestling feud? It's not going to go down in the history books as the most innovative storyline in wrestling, but it's doing a decent job of making Morgan look strong while keeping Hardy's title reign going until the bigger feuds with Anderson and Angle and RVD can take place.

By TNA's rather low standards for storytelling it's pretty neat and tidy.

·
Banned
1,242 Posts
*Morgan starts feuding only with Hardy*

IWC: "WTFLMAO!!?!? He forgot about his ex-stable Fortune or what? This makes no sense. Fire Russo plzzzzzzzz"

·
Registered
3,374 Posts
I don't mind the feud actually, it's good to see Morgan in the limelight

·
Registered
9,306 Posts
I'm actually getting tired of watching TNA, a little bit.

·
Registered
3,140 Posts
Why is Jeff BARELY on Impact when he is the CHAMPION and is actually cutting entertaining heel promos when given the time. If TNA want Matt Morgan feuding with Fortune, then Hardy should be in a separate title feud with somebody like Joe or Pope. TNA have totally fucked everything up with the Immortal storyline. Too much focus on Dixie/Hogan/Bischoff, not enough on Jeff Hardy. The hilarity is the disappointing ratings will probably get pinned on Jeff by management since he's the champ but the truth is HE'S BARELY ON THE SHOW, he has less screen time than Eric Young.

·
There is no duty we so much underrate as... being
19,155 Posts
Why is Jeff BARELY on Impact when he is the CHAMPION and is actually cutting entertaining heel promos when given the time. If TNA want Matt Morgan feuding with Fortune, then Hardy should be in a separate title feud with somebody like Joe or Pope. TNA have totally fucked everything up with the Immortal storyline. Too much focus on Dixie/Hogan/Bischoff, not enough on Jeff Hardy. The hilarity is the disappointing ratings will probably get pinned on Jeff by management since he's the champ but the truth is HE'S BARELY ON THE SHOW, he has less screen time than Eric Young.
This post sounded like a Reggie Jackson homer, because that really nailed the situation to a tee.

Mind-bogglingly fucked up writing, booking, programming, everything.

Reactions: Bradley

·
Banned
1,242 Posts
Fucking up this storyline would be giving Morgan the title this sunday(unless its jail time for Jeffro). Thats about it.
Just like I said it before, everyone is busy with their own storyline. Pope,Joe, you name it. Morgan was probably the only guy with no booking attention. He filled Anderson shoes pretty damn well. Now he's one of the most over guys in TNA. That's fucked up booking? Riiiiiiiight.

·
Premium Member
44,440 Posts
Am I the only one that likes that Jeff Hardy doesn't oversaturate the show. Doesn't that make him more...special? Since BFG, I can only recall ONE match he's had on Impact and that was with Raven. I actually like that. Make the champion's appearances special! I've seen cases where a guy on top can be on a show ALL THE TIME and the attraction just wears out. IE, Kurt Angle a couple years ago. I remember there were a few episodes where he was literally in every segment & it got really old, really quick.

When I was a kid, I hardly ever saw Hulk Hogan wrestle for free on TV. The occasional SNME was it. Other than that, it was all promos, and that made Hogan more special. Even in the Attitude Era/Monday Night Wars period where it was all about ejaculating awesomeness every week in order to compete with WCW, I remember episodes where Rock & Austin never showed up until the end of the show. Some online reviews of the shows that I read in 98-99 actually criticized WWF for not having them on until the end of the 2nd hour or only being featured for a segment or two. My take, if the guys are worth watching, I'll stick around to watch them. They don't have to be all over the place for me to get my fill of them, and actually, its for the best to not have them all over the place all the time so I don't get sick of them.

I say keep Jeff's appearances down to a minimum except for promos stuff (which his have been his best mic work EVER by the way) and make us pay to see him wrestle.

As for this feud with Morgan, its a lot better this time around than it was last month. Its not great by any means because it still feels like they are just killing time until bigger matches with Angle, RVD, & Anderson are made. But the story is a bit more solid this time around.

·
Registered
7,658 Posts
Problem is if people don't see Hardy, they change the channel.
Weather it's a promo or match, your top guy needs to be on the show.

Do they announce that he'll be appearing on the show or are his appearance a suprise ?

·
Usertitle ist hier
11,699 Posts
When will people get Russo is only a scriptwriter?

The problem TNA has is so many people having ideas and no filter whatsoever so they get jumbled. Bischoff, Hogan, Carter, Conway, Ferrera and a little bit of Russo. Russo develops the scripts that are given to him, though I'll agree he does add his own ideas at times.

·
Registered
858 Posts
*Morgan starts feuding only with Hardy*

IWC: "WTFLMAO!!?!? He forgot about his ex-stable Fortune or what? This makes no sense. Fire Russo plzzzzzzzz"
THIS.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts