Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
509 Posts
*SPOILERS*

Dont read if you dont want to know - judging by the impact tapings 2 of the matches will be - Jerry lynn vs RVD, and Tommy Dreamer vs Raven with Mick Foley as special guest ref. No others yet.

·
Registered
1,713 Posts
*SPOILERS*

Dont read if you dont want to know - judging by the impact tapings 2 of the matches will be - Jerry lynn vs RVD, and Tommy Dreamer vs Raven with Mick Foley as special guest ref. No others yet.
fpalm

Man, oh man. I avoid spoilers but it was best I read this one. Wtf is TNA thinking.

Dreamer vs. Raven? REALLLY?

·
Registered
4,807 Posts
Surprised Mick won't be wrestling. Might not feel in the shape for it I guess.

I hope for the sake of the guys involved that they pull this off and it's a relative success. I fear it will be a shambles though.

·
Registered
1,713 Posts
Why are you complaining? The entire PPV is based on nostalgia. So Raven-Dreamer and RVD-Lynn make perfect sense.
TNA has a great product, regardless of the critics. So why put it on the back burner for a bunch of over the hillers?

Tommy Dreamer should of started his own promotion if this was his fucking goal.

·
Registered
12,737 Posts
Updates

--Taz made a big deal out of saying that he is 42 years old and his body is not in good shape so he has no interest in getting back in the ring.

-- Former ECW World champion Mikey Whipwreck wrote on his Facebook that he has no intention of working the upcoming TNA Hardcore Justice PPV, writing, "For the record, I have no intentions of doing the TNA PPV. I'm happy for the guys that are doing it but its nice to see the little bingo hall company everyone 'blew off' back in the day as 'insignificant' is called upon every time business is in the toilet."

-- Meanwhile, those contacted to appear at Hard Justice have been asked to keep quiet by company officials as they want details concerning the event to be kept a surprise. Contacted talent have also been told that they may be asked to appear on subsequent episodes of iMPACT! following the event. One wrestler said he was offered a four-show deal, presumably to appear at the pay-per-view event and three television tapings.

·
Registered
1,713 Posts
I've seen RVD vs. Lynn, in there prime. I ordered the PPV.

Why should I watch it 11 years later? I thought the point of ECW to come in was to give TNA a quick rub and have one final night of dedicated performers putting on sick matches. Incorporating the TNA and ECW guys together for a hybrid of entertainment.

Is that really to much to ask for Dixie?

·
Registered
380 Posts
If you're one of those people that thinks TNA should have less PPVs, then I don't see what the problem is about sacrificing one of their PPVs for the ECW guys.

·
Registered
13,042 Posts
If you're one of those people that thinks TNA should have less PPVs, then I don't see what the problem is about sacrificing one of their PPVs for the ECW guys.
For what reason? To take time away from the guys on Impact and ppvs you're trying to get over? Anyone that's coming in to watch this that hasn't watched TNA before isn't sticking around afterwards (and that's if they know about this), so what's the point of having past their prime guys on ppv?

And the way it's looking their may be at best three matches announced on the card. Looks like they're building up their special for the following Impact more then the ppv. Which if you are doing, then why have the ppv again?

·
Registered
1,713 Posts
Tommy said he saw all the similarities between ECW and TNA, that's why I was under the impression he wanted his send off in that arena with that group of talent with him.

I didn't think he was insinuating we we're going to accept ECW with open arms and watch in momentous excitement as Sandman takes on Bubba Ray Dudley.

·
Registered
243 Posts
So this is not really "One Last Stand" is it? I thought ECW was going to be there during that special that TNA is giving us in a few weeks aswell.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts