·
Proud Pastafarian =)
4,051 Posts
i think it looks cool

·
Registered
813 Posts
yes, he thought he was great... when in reality hes a fucking waste of space
I wouldn't go as far as to say that he was a waste of space. He had one of the greatest standing dropkicks in wrestling history. He also was pretty innovative with his offense at times.

Don't get me wrong, if even half of the stories about him in the back are true, then he's a giant asshole and deserved to spend his life on the mid/low-card, but he stuck around for a long time because he had some talent.

·
Registered
1,773 Posts
I never understood how a Lower Midcar Jobber such as him had Vince's protection.
You don't?

Holly was a no nonsense type of guy. I think Vince kept him around as long as he did because he wanted to have someone who could test out the newcomers to see how much they could take in the ring. Being on the road 5 days a week is obviously tough on the body as we know. They probably wanted to weed out all of the ones that might not of been able to take it.

Holly was a competent worker. He just wasn't anything significant or special. I must say I loved him back in late 90's/2000 though. He had quite a few impressive hardcore matches and a physique I'm still envious of to this day (steriod assisted of course).

·
Registered
1,632 Posts
Hardcore Holly had his run, it's not Hall of Fame worthy, but it was decent. I've never had a problem with him, you have to be tough sometimes, and he was the definition of tough. He wouldn't give out punishment he couldn't take himself, he was decent in the ring, good on the mic. His prime was in the attitude era though, and he could have been IC Champion IMO.

·
Registered
2,634 Posts
Holly was decent in the 90's, a solid good Wrestler you could relie on, nothing fancie but could get the job done, in the 90's also could move well, sometimes funny in Promos. Don't understand the hate and the judge, oh he got an tatoo what an ass! i am so much better then him, he at least suceeded in this Business to the point where he could feed himself with the Money he earned, i am sure he doesn't live very bad either. Holly was tough and some on here seemt o get flashbacks to their High Shool Days or are reminded of it who still are, yes he was a bullie, still non of your Business.

·
Banned
1,189 Posts
Holly's still wrestling? Who knew. As for him, well the concussions he gave people speak for themselves. Vince had plenty of solid guys who could make sure the greenhorns didn't screw up when they perform infront of a massive crowd for the first time (Val Venis, for example). Funny how none of them left their opponents black and blue.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts