Wrestling Forum banner

Hard To Kill 1/12/20 PPV - A Blanchard For The Gold!!!!

13K views 212 replies 39 participants last post by  Ashley Whittle 
#1 · (Edited)

Impact World Championship Match
Sami Callihan (c) vs. Tessa Blanchard

Knockouts Championship Match
Taya (c) vs. Jordynne Grace vs. ODB

Impact X Division Championship Match
Ace Austin (c) vs. Trey

Impact World Tag Team Championship Match
The North (c) vs. Winners of #1 Contender Tag Team Tournament

See less See more
#2 · (Edited)
Figured might as well start the PPV thread now since this could be a record breaking night with having Tessa win the men's title. Hopefully Impact goes all the way with this or else they will get some shit due to really pushing Tessa to the moon against the men, yet they didn't pull the trigger. Could be for some interesting TV.

#9 ·
I dont remember them announcing tapings, so first show after PPV will probably be recap. So expect DHS vs. TJP s Bah and some other match with Madison or Ryan.

Reactions: jpickens
#10 ·
Lmao at this atrocious card and company. Just like that, I noticed three ANOMALIES/FREAKS on this card:-
A fat chick
An old wannabe Sandman ugly masculine beer-drinking chick
A masculine a looking, ugly, testosteronized wannabe Alpha Male chick AKA Tessa Blanchard competing for the HEAVYWEIGHT title...lmao!

This alone puts Impact as the biggest joke/trash wrestling company in the US. They've even beaten AEW in being the biggest joke/trash.

#12 ·
Does anyone think that this ppv needs to stay yearly ? Its a pretty strong good sounding name and fitting for Impact,

Also i dont blame people for thinking the card is lackluster,The roster is just not cutting it unfortunately. No one is making exciting movements on a level to grow. I mean a couple guys are for sure but over all the entire roster is got lots of hit and miss but some great ones to. Females theres some good ones

#16 ·
Does anyone think that this ppv needs to stay yearly ? Its a pretty strong good sounding name and fitting for Impact,
They should.

It's a good name, and it is way better marketing to establish 4 PPV names instead of changing 2 and just keeping Slammiversary and BfG.
People already know about Slammiversary and Bound for Glory being the big IMPACT PPVs, but they still ask whether Hard to Kill is a PPV, a Twitch-Special or on IMPACT+
They need to establish they yearly events.

#13 ·
And she wins a hand full of people celebrate as if its special. The hype dies and no one cares and sami looks like a tool.

Thats the reality at these things when people think things should be political but in the end even those people dont care. In fact those people wont be watching.

They will read about it and have a moment of gradification but left empty after seeking the next nonsense.

Then things will revert back to reality.

Enjoy it well it lasts

#17 ·
Shamrock/Fulton is gonna be a 1-star match, if we're lucky.
I honestly can't wait to see this match. It will be a mess, and I want to see it.
Shamrock going to do something crazy, and I honestly don't even know who is gonna win or what's going to happen.

Damn, I am excited for a match that shouldn't be exciting at all. Kudos to IMPACT.

#19 ·
I honestly think that even if Tessa is leaving at the end of her contract, they will have her win the title from Sami. With all of this build in 2019 leading up to this, they would have to be stupid not having her go over even if she is leaving. At this point, it gets them some press with a talented woman winning the World title, garner some interest in the product, and in a months time she can lose it back to Sami.

I do think though that Taya will lose her title at the PPV, last I had read was that she was on her way out. It stinks because she was really good with Morrison and I feel the last 6 months or so she has been spinning her wheels. Unless she goes to WWE, I'd love for AEW to sign both Taya and Tessa which is much needed in their women's division.

Fulton vs. Shamrock is going to be one huge trainwreck. Hope neither guy gets injured in that mess of a match.

#21 ·
If it was Russo TNA, I'd say Eddie Edwards would cash in his title shot and turn heel on Tessa.

#24 ·
All this shit coming out about Tessa, wonder whether they'll actually change the title.

#38 · (Edited)
Who's using it as an excuse? It's merely evidentiary proof that it isn't a systemic or deep-seated hatred of a particular race. You don't openly fraternize with a group of people (race or otherwise) that you hate. It would act as anecdotal evidence that the particular issue was with a specific individual and not an entire race. It's still a stupid and deplorable word thing to say BUT just jumping to assumption and/or accusation that "someone is a racist" because of them using a word no matter how awful the word may be is absolute BULLSHIT and potentially an egregious overreaction.

#39 ·
This isn't a, "Oh she just said a word," situation people. She spit on a human being then called them the worst word in language to humiliate and dehumanize them. I'm not shocked at people defending her, making light of the situation or trying to ignore it, I've seen this type of behavior before. It's still harmful that people outright refuse to truly want to confront the issue AND condemn the hate crime practicioner. Fucking shameful that no one wants to be upfront and say, "NO MORE!"

#42 ·
No one is condoning her use of the word it's reprehensible but jumping to the potentially baseless assumption that she is a racist is absurd. Now she may well be a racist though evidence of sure looks like it refutes that idea. As I pointed out in an earlier post of mine there was an incident where I spit on a black man while lashing out it doesn't make me a racist. Words that may have occurred as an isolated incident of which we don't know the true context of aren't necessarily an indication of HATE.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.