Wrestling Forum banner

161 - 180 of 213 Posts

·
Registered
8,372 Posts
Thank you impact for sticking it to all the bedwetters. Even though you probably had that planned the entire time. Thank you impact for not changing anything every time someone bitches about someone.

·
Registered
1,229 Posts
Discussion Starter #166
Fun show, too much old presence, though main event was good tho. @shandcraig oddly dismissive of the Tessa news this weekend lol
That was a fun good show for sure. I agree, that there was way too many old dudes that Impact just can't get away from and it has been like that forever.

Wooohoooo, Tessa wins the title....

·
Registered
8,372 Posts
Fun show, too much old presence, though main event was good tho. @shandcraig oddly dismissive of the Tessa news this weekend lol

Lol what do you mean? I just dont think its big enough reason that has nothing to do with Impact for impact to A be involved or change plans is all. All those people should sort there shit out off social media.

Look at sami he spits on everyone lol

·
Registered
20,032 Posts
That was a fun good show for sure. I agree, that there was way too many old dudes that Impact just can't get away from and it has been like that forever.
I never liked there ECW obsession because it just feels phony, same way I don't enjoy AEW trying to do the WCW connection.

·
Registered
8,372 Posts
I do agree all the ecw stuff is meh but i think RVD feels reinvented and his package it all works. This is coming from someone who hated it at the start

·
Registered
696 Posts
I enjoyed the PPV. I thought the last 3 matches were all very good. I'm glad they stuck with the plan. Let's hope Tessa is a model citizen on screen and off from now on.

·
Registered
20,032 Posts
Lol what do you mean? I just dont think its big enough reason that has nothing to do with Impact for impact to A be involved or change plans is all. All those people should sort there shit put off social media.

Look at sami he spits on everyone lol
I mean if you don't find multiple people confirming that she called a fellow wrestler a ******/***** then spat on them, at least a cause for concern that's ridiculous. The not welcoming to others is whatever though. But it will be interesting to see they big it up like they should given what is now attached to her.

·
Lets go to the old mill anyway, get some cider!
15,621 Posts
First half of the show wasnt good but the 2nd half rocked. Elgin/Edwards and Sami/Tessa were both excellent main event level matches.

·
\m/
22,713 Posts
I hadn't checked Impact in ages but decided to check the main event (only thing I watched was a recent brawl they had in the street) and that was a great match even tho the ref sure seemed out of his element at times. The crowd was very hot as well. They both have great chemistry and Tessa is seriously impressive, good psychology/storytelling and overall performance. I have definitely been missing out when it comes to her.

Wonder what is next now? A rematch? Another guy challenging Tessa?

·
Registered
8,372 Posts
I mean if you don't find multiple people confirming that she called a fellow wrestler a **/* then spat on them, at least a cause for concern that's ridiculous. The not welcoming to others is whatever though. But it will be interesting to see they big it up like they should given what is now attached to her.

Obviously its pretty bad to call someone that but imagine you worked in an office and you habe no issues at work and your boss hears you did that somewhere else. Why would the boss fire them for that?

Its not right bit until it happens in this company and its not 3 year old news it shouldnt change anything for impact.

All it should be is a lesson for her to smarten up if it happened. What do you do? You. Cant go to prison for insulting someome, it happened its bad but she should learn from it
She got her social beating

·
Registered
1,229 Posts
Discussion Starter #179
I never liked there ECW obsession because it just feels phony, same way I don't enjoy AEW trying to do the WCW connection.
The few times that they did the ECW stuff early on I was okay with it, but having watched this promotion the last 18 years, they have ran the ECW hardcore concept into the ground. I think that Dreamer is a genuine person, but he drives me nuts. They have a pretty good roster and probably one of the better ones for a promotion just a few years ago was in shambles, they just need to stay away from this kind of nostalgia at this point.

Does Sami get the rematch right away or does Tessa get a new challenger? Should be interesting to see how far they take her reign.

·
Registered
1,550 Posts
I just am over or not, Undertaker level or not I want all old wrestlers barring a few exceptions for one offs.
Taker is definitely way past it.

There's old and then there's OLD.

Rhino and Swinger are in their mid 40s, which is okay to me. They can both still do all the moves they could in their primes and they're not dangerous or obviously horrible out there.

RVD and Dreamer are pushing 50. Dreamer is a much "older" 50, though. He's looked done for a few years now.

But Shamrock and Taker are 55. That's a bridge too far for me. Taker can barely walk and it's really sad.

161 - 180 of 213 Posts