Wrestling Forum banner

201 - 213 of 213 Posts

·
Intoner
6,491 Posts
Rewatched the show with group of friends this evening. Short overview of a show.

1) Horrible booking for Shamrock - Fulton. I hope Fulton murders Shamrock at the next tapings so he could back up his monster status. And we clearly do not need 55 yo Shamrock on TV.

2) Austin vs. Try was ok, good at times but not great. I really think Impact should stick to multimen matches for the x title.

3) KOs match was very bad. ODB sucks. I do understand why Taya won, but I also cant care less.

4) I do not know if Cage signed with AEW or WWE or he stays in Impact but I also don't think it matters. I do like him a lot, but guy was injured the entire year. I wish him luck and a fat paycheck, but I don't want him to ruin another PPV match. The Daga spot was weird. I'd prefer them to book him better. IMO it was poorly handled by creative.

5) Elgin vs. Eddie was damn good. My only complaint is that botch guys should stop losing and start main eventing. They are damn good wrestlers.

6) Rhino is useless, but Mosse carried him into something watchable. I wish Callis didn't sign every friend of his. Moose is another amazing talent for Impact. It's actually great that they have him and Eddie and Elgin and Swan who can run with the world title any second if needed.

7) Best performance from Willie I have ever seen. I watch him since his very early indy days and have always liked him, but today he proved that he's not just good, but damn awesome. And this match is the example of how Callis and co handled the injury well. This seems like a storyline. Like Swann is not really injured. I wish it was that.

8) Match of the decade. Sami and Tessa are Impact. Everything about it was top notch. Matches like this make me proud to be a wrestling fan. And I can not believe how good the first woman world champ is. Tessa is too good to be true.

I really hope Impact can handle fuckups better in the future and their roster needs more starpower. Time to spend money on stars. Kudos to RoH on not letting AEW ruining their plans. Impact has to step up too.

·
Registered
22,610 Posts
Full Show Review:

*Fulton vs. Shamrock was a weird choice for an opener. I mean Shamrock in his 50's still does a great dive over the top rope. And he can still do some things well. But at the same time, he needs a lot of help from his opponent to look passable. And I understand the booking, it just feels backwards. Again, the guy in his 50s had to put the younger guy out of his misery. Just feels like you're helping out the wrong guy.

*I really like Ace Austin. Cool look, cool gimmick, his in ring style matches his persona, he was a great find by Impact. Trey is talented himself (and God is he related to Ricochet, he looks just like him) and they performed well together. But again, Ace is the star here.

*The Women's 3 Way didn't do much for me really because ODB doesn't do much for me in 2020. But the match was fine enough. Taya's gimmick seems to be that of an ultimate opportunist. This is the 2nd title match I've seen her win by stealing someone else's pin. This has to lead to either Tessa being a double champion or dropping it to Grace.

*The RVD stuff was something. I gotta say, I enjoy the hell out of RVD's heel gimmick. Making out with his chick without a care in the world, calling everyone out for copying him, completely full of himself. The Cage squash is fine in hindsight with Cage apparently leaving the company. Though the whole situation never made sense. Did the match ever actually start? And why they had to job Daga out, I don't know. So yeah, I like RVD's new persona a lot, but I'm not sure what this was supposed to be.

*Elgin vs. Edwards was a good one. Elgin's role recently on Impact seems to be having these great matches in the middle of the card, like he did with Marafuji at BFG. Not a huge fan of Eddie still doing the discount Tommy Dreamer sthick, but in this match he was mostly serious. And these 2 guys worked so well together. Elgin's strikes looked great, I loved Eddie's Tiger Driver. And the ending was a nice shock as I didn't see Eddie pickup up the win here.

*If Elgin's role on these PPVs is to have the best match, then Moose's role on these shows is to work with all the legends. On the last 3 shows he's worked with RVD, Shamrock, and now Rhyno. Not a bad role to have, though it's amazing to me he hasn't been World Champion yet. He's always had the skills, now it feels like he has the persona to back it up. Match was a fun hardcore spotfest, not much more to say about it.

*They made the most out of the tag title match with Swann's injury. Mack looked great out there going 2 on 1. And The North are so good with their double team offense. This match was a perfect mix of a heroic babyface and a strong tag team with neither side looking too weak or too strong.

*The main event was great. There is no one who could make this storyline work better than these 2. Tessa looks just legit enough to be in there with the men, and Callihan is so sleazy you can't help but hate him. I loved how when Sami caught Tessa on the outside, she didn't let him throw her in the barricade again. This time she countered. I love when wrestlers learn and grow from match to match, not falling for the same spots. And then the Powerbomb through the announced table was slick. From there they traded finishers and they both convinced me at different times the match could be over. But then Tessa does just enough with 2 Destroyers and the Buzzsaw DDT to win. Again, great match.

·
Lets go to the old mill anyway, get some cider!
15,621 Posts
Yeah it's crazy to think but a cocky heel RVD that calls everyone a ripoff and dances around half naked chicks works in 2020 but it kinda does.

·
Registered
133 Posts
I think it's a complete joke that Impact has a woman holding their World Title, but then again I think in 2020 Impact Wrestling is almost a complete joke period, so there you go.

I will say this though that Rhyno Moose match went a lot better then I thought it would though.

·
Registered
446 Posts
Ace Austin is a keeper for sure. Great talent

I think it's a complete joke that Impact has a woman holding their World Title, but then again I think in 2020 Impact Wrestling is almost a complete joke period, so there you go.

I will say this though that Rhyno Moose match went a lot better then I thought it would though.
Interesting. I'm interested in knowing your opinion on why Impact is a complete joke beyond the Tessa thing.

·
Registered
176 Posts
Great main. Easily the best match on the card. Tessa's selling/facials is pure art.
People often point this out but I think she's guilty of over-selling and they look kinda forced. Trey on the other hand at Hard to Kill, his facial expressions felt natural and he conveyed some real emotion... he made me give a shit about him for the first time in his career.

201 - 213 of 213 Posts