Votes: 10 47.6%
  • Other

Votes: 9 42.9%
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
27,173 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, coming out of Revolution, I had 2 guys I thought Kenny would face at Double or Nothing, Christian or PAC. Christian because he confronted Kenny on his first appearance on Dynamite. And PAC because of his history with Kenny and that at the time he was high in the rankings. But, Christian has only wrestled one match so far in AEW. There's only 7 Dynamites left until DON and it doesn't seem like he's going to be built up enough in time to challenge Kenny. And PAC had some sort of injury and is now focused on the Tag Team thing.

Meanwhile, even though Mox and Kenny had an Exploding Barbwire Death match at Revolution, their feud hasn't ended. Now, maybe this leads to Mox & Eddie vs. The Bucks in a Tag Title match. But I could also see them doing Mox vs. Omega 1 more time even though the Revolution match felt like it should have been the end given the stipulation.

And then there's Hangman, who's #1 in the Rankings and AEW made a fairly big deal about that last night on Dynamite. I know a lot people thought Hangman would be the guy to face Kenny later in the year and possibly beat him for the belt. But I don't see how they hold out much longer from doing Kenny vs. Hangman for the belt. He's been #1 for a bit now and he's got no direction at the moment. And with the way they talked about him last night, it feels like the time for him to challenge Kenny is drawing near. I don't think he'll beat Kenny the 1st go round, but I think the match is happening sooner than we though initially.

Who do you think will be Kenny's big challenger at DON?

·
Registered
2,997 Posts
Of those listed in the OP, I rank them from most likely would want to see to least likely I would want to see:

Mox
PAC
Hangman
Christian

If Mox get Omega, then it’s the culmination of a story that started at the first DoN two years ago. And considering how messy the story is getting due to the involvement of Bullet Club, and that its holding up the Belt Collector storyline, may as well bring it to a conclusion.

If PAC gets the shot, then it plays off of the history of PAC and Omega together, as well as the original plans of PAC vs Omega at the first DoN, as I have been told was the case apparently. PAC does not really require a lot of build to be considered a believable challenger to Omega, or even win the title from him and be a short term champion. Omega challenging and winning the belt back after losing it to PAC would not clash with the Belt Collector storyline at all.

If Hangman gets Omega, then its resuming a story that has not been in play since Full Gear 2020. Even though I do want to see Hangman get the crown, the Hangman vs Omega story needs more build due to the personal connection between the two. And it not a knock against the ranking system if Hangman does not get his shot now, since challenger can come from any of those ranked in the top 5. Its works in UFC – it’s even emphasized when the ring announcer is introducing the participants – so why not AEW?But he’s not even bothering to interject himself into the Omega vs Moxley feud, so does he even really care about the fact that he’s the #1 contender? And I imagine that Page would be champion for several months win he wins, so how does that affect the Belt Collector storyline?

If Christian Cage gets it, with all due respect to Christian, it’s going to look like a rerun of WCW and TNA if the older star is getting the title shot over the homegrown talents and younger talents. Working with Team Taz makes more sense right now.

·
Registered
9,149 Posts
I'd like to see Omega vs Kingston. Although, I'm not sure how he gets into a title match with his injury.

Then maybe due to some sort of psychological ploy, Hangman and Moxley end up facing each other at DoN? (Basically Omega eliminates one of his biggest threats)

·
Registered
2,969 Posts
Omega vs. Hangman would be unexpected, but I'm one of those who has proposed the idea of this match happening before their ultimate match, with Omega winning.

It'd be like Okada vs. Naito when everyone wanted Naito to win on 1/4/18 and thought he should, but he didn't, and it made his eventual win over Okada on 1/5/20 that much more impactful and a legendary match.

Given the lack of obvious options, Kenny vs. Hangman could be a good option and would actually make the rankings seem like they mean something.

Omega vs. Moxley IV would be potentially damaging to Mox if Kenny beats him AGAIN. Mox has been pinned three times in AEW... all by Kenny. So unless they want the belt back on Mox or plan to write him off TV for a long time, I don't see what another singles match would achieve right now.

There is the option of a three-way dance... Mox vs. Kenny vs. Hangman, but is this an enticing PPV main event?

Omega vs. Eddie is not a PPV main event IMO. Eddie has shown he can't get the job done on the big stage so the winner would be 100% obvious. It's a named Dynamite main event at most.

Christian would be a good opponent but they'd need to speed up the build to it and burn through this teased Christian vs. Team Taz feud quite quick. I think all roads lead to Christian getting a title shot at some point in future, but they have around one-and-a-half months until Double or Nothing.

PAC and Omega have history and could put on a MOTYC, but there's not much time to kickstart their feud again and PAC is currently in the tag title picture.

The wildcard options of Ibushi or Okada exist and as epic as they could be, the PPV would have needed a match like Blood & Guts (being done on Dynamite) to compliment it as a double main event.

Kenny faces Rich Swann in a title vs. title match in a couple of weeks so will walk into DON probably carrying four belts (AEW, AAA, IMPACT, TNA).

·
Ho!
17,988 Posts
Eh, not interested in seeing Moxley job to Omega again. It’s kind of silly at this point he’s been pinned by him 3 times in the last 4 months. Best to keep them separated, outside of maybe a multi-man match.

I think it is still too early for Hangman. Unless they finally realized that Omega doesn’t work as champion, and they’re better off getting the title off him. Thing is though, they really do need to build Hangman up some more. They’ll be feeding him to the sharks if they have him win it with very little build up to it.

I’d think Kingston or Christian goes after Omega next. I don’t think either guy wins the World Title, but I think either guy works as a filler opponent for Omega (although Kingston himself should eventually win the belt, but that’s a whole other story). Otherwise you put someone like Jungle Boy, PAC, maybe Darby Allin in a champion vs champion match, or even a face Brian Cage against Omega (where Team Tazz can screw him over and kick off that feud). A Jericho/Omega match could work as well, since if I recall Jericho hasn’t had a a World Title rematch.

There are definitely plenty of options besidesa rehash of Mox/Omega, or pulling the trigger too early on Page/Omega.

·
Southern Pride
4,695 Posts
Probably Christian.

I do want Hangman to be the one to eventually defeat Omega but it's too soon for that.

Reactions: DaveRA

·
Registered
5,199 Posts
It will probably be Mox, Hangman needs built up some more first to get a shot. If they go by their "ranking" system, Christian is nowhere near close to a shot.

·
Registered
1,684 Posts
I'd rather Hangman vs Omega was saved for All Out as gives a bit more time to quietly build Page up to be the one to defeat Omega.

Vs PAC would now be more preferable as I can see Mox & Kingston vs Bucks (vs Good Brothers vs Lucha Bros) in a Ladder or TLC Match. Mox now has a reason to go after the Bucks and him with Kingston makes a nice team. Add in Ladder/TLC match and it suites both teams due to Bucks high flying and Mox/Kingston hardcore. Preferably Lucha Bros would be added to and then maybe even Good Brothers as well.

·
Registered
153 Posts
I’d like to see Omega Vs Christian with Omega going over and Hangman getting involved for their next feud.

I also want to see Mox and Kingston form a tag team and feud with the bucks and good brothers.

A Death Triangle and Best Friends feud with death Triangle going over would make sense. After that, A Pac and Darby Feud would be cool after sting and Darby are done with Lance Archer and Jake the snake.

·
Parks and Recreation Dept.
7,649 Posts
I thought Omega/Moxley at Revolution was the final match between them, so that's off the card for me.

I'd love to see Hangman grow a pair, throw himself in the world title picture and go after Omega. I know it's coming, but it's a question of when.

·
Registered
28,205 Posts
We agree on something. Its not impossible it seems. I am right there with you. Who do you have for Moxley's team?
Moxley and Kingston obviously

Rich Swann as Kenny will have just took his belts. Let him in return at least get the benefit of a Dynamite crowd and AEW crowd seeing him. L

Go with The Sydal's as they've had beef. Or any other low level team BC beats the piss out of in the next few weeks for the rub.

·
Registered
5,750 Posts
Kenny needs to end Mox once and for all.

·
Registered
1,022 Posts
Moxley and Kingston obviously

Rich Swann as Kenny will have just took his belts. Let him in return at least get the benefit of a Dynamite crowd and AEW crowd seeing him. L

Go with The Sydal's as they've had beef. Or any other low level team BC beats the piss out of in the next few weeks for the rub.
I thought for sure I was going to be the one who brought up Swann so this really surprised me. The one difference I have though is FinJuice instead of the Sydals. I keep going back and forth on whether The Good Brothers(with Bucks help) win the belts back at Rebellion or to keep it on them and GB earn a tag title opportunity with a win. The thing I am hung up on is how good is the relationship with Impact/New Japan and will they think it is a disrespect to their guys with the stipulation I put on the match:

If Kenny's group who holds the gold, if they win their match against the 5 mentioned, then as long as they are the Champions, none of them can challenge them while they are the Champions(or GB get a title match if the belts are kept on FinJuice.)

1 - 20 of 36 Posts