Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 78 Posts

·
Registered
2,669 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know Hana Kimura has absolutely nothing to do with WWE but if a mod would allow me to post this here cause WWE gets the most traffic by far and this needs to be seen by majority.

Hana Kimura has sadly taken her own life. What drove her to such a last straw act was the everyday "criticism" and bullying on social media.
She said everyday I read 100 opinions about me.

Guys if this is you to a wrestler/s you should really consider how it affects them personally and mentally. Imagine everyday for years reading 100 or more messages how your not good,your ugly, you suck in the ring, why are you getting what your getting, you dont deserve it. At first it may not get to you. But then try a month, half a year, a full year. Before you know it your reading these messages everyday of your life. I dont care who you are it weights you down.

And maybe some people are real thick skinned. They can take these messages and brush them off but im sure their are times they get to them as well in some ways.

Hana was unfortunately not thick skinned and she couldn't take anymore to the point she rather be dead than read another hurtful message.

By now on Twitter iv must've written 2000 posts or something like that I dont know I look at the count. Out of all those posts maybe youll find 5 where I criticised a wrestler directly and even then I try to do it in a respectful way. If I do have crap to say its always to WWE themselves and their booking or how their running the show. Hardly ever say anything bad about the wrestlers.

So be mindful what kind of post your sending. Your message might drive them to do what Hana did.

Hana was only 22. Way to young

RIP Hana

·
Registered
16,840 Posts
She was so pretty...and young. Fuck that sucks. I think for most, being cyber bullied by some unknown random person, although bad is not as bad as people you know or know of. Either way this was tragic and should not have happened.

Was there a lot of warning signs of her possibly being depressed or suicidal?

·
Registered
3,780 Posts
To say someone was not "thick skinned" is a harsh analyses in this situation since you don't know what she was going through, this appears to have been a series and not based off of one derogatory opinion. Part of the problem with cyber-bullying is it magnifies pre-existing anxiety, mild depression, and in some cases is the sole factor in a depressive episode. It is not a situation a victim wants to be in. R.I.P.

·
Registered
2,656 Posts
If you're prone to getting butt hurt from randoms on the internet, you shouldn't be on the internet. What a silly reason to kill yourself. What a tragic waste.

Why would you do that girl? 22 years old you're still a kid, you're going to face much bigger disappointments in life. This was not something to kill yourself over.

so sad

·
Registered
3,780 Posts
If you're prone to getting butt hurt from randoms on the internet, you shouldn't be on the internet. What a silly reason to kill yourself. What a tragic waste.

Why would you do that girl? 22 years old you're still a kid, you're going to face much bigger disappointments in life. This was not something to kill yourself over.

so sad
Justifying digital suppression is almost as bad as harassment. This isn't someone trying to show-off and getting criticized for it, this is a case of several people seemingly attacking someone with pre-existing mental conditions.

·
Registered
12,685 Posts
Tragic but you also have to be accountable for yourself. She was 22, she hadn't even truly lived life or the amount of adversity you will see throughout the years as you grow older. Cyber bullies are insufferable twats though.

RIP

·
Registered
2,669 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Yes this is a wake up call for all fandoms of all walks of entertainment for it wasnt necessarily the wrestling community( though we know wrestling fanbases and social media can be toxic) it seems most of the negativity came from the fans of a reality show called Terrence House.

Its a Japan reality show im gussing in something like The Real World and Big Brother? It says its on Netflix.

Hana was on this seasons show. Her and another girl got into an argument, from there these people piled on Hana with hate messages, death threats. This is what ultimately did her in.

This is just sad on so many levels. At 22 you barely begun your adult life. She had so much potential. To me Hana had the IT factor. If anybody remembers that thread I made months ago "What Japanese female talent would you like to see in WWE/NXT?" My answer was Hana Kimura.

Everyone's different. Everyone's special- Hana Kimura

·
Registered
1,168 Posts
If random nobodies on twitter led to you taking your own life, it was just a matter of time anyway. Seems to be less of a cyber bullying issue and more of a doesn’t know how to cope with the most minimal of inconveniences.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 20 of 78 Posts