Wrestling Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Likes wrestling....
11,021 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)

Vilmos Farkas had fled Comunist Hungary with his family to Canada when he met Stu Hart who agreed to train Farkas in the world of professional wrestling. Unfortunatley for Farkas he got caught up in a bar fight and would spend almost two years in prison.

Once he got out of prison he resumed training in pro wrestling under the tuteledge of Baron Mike Scicluna.

He would spend his rookie year wrestling as "Bill" Farkas. He was strickly an undercard worker for Stu's Stampede territory. Farkas would move to Toronto wrestling now as Willie Farkas, Farkas spent the first eight years of his career moving around the different Canadian territories as an undercard worker.

Farkas had decent size and eventually got a chance with the WWWF. He wrestled primarily as a jobber to the stars for the winter of 1970.

In the summer of 1970 Farkas would travel to Hawaii and wrestle for Mid-Pacific. It was while he was Hawaii that the WWWF called this time they had an idea for him.

When his time was up there he returned to the WWWF and it was time for Farkas to move up the card.

He was now known as "The Wolfman". The WWWF even gave him a manager in Lou Albano.

For most of the early to mid 70's Farkas was a mid card heel in the WWWF. He would eventually be managed by Fred Blassie. He got a steady diet of World title shots against Pedro and Bruno.

Farkas also had stints in the Western States Promotion, and would occasionally make his way up to Stampede again.

Farkas would make freinds and become tag team partners with "The Bearman" Dave McKigney, also known as "The Wildman", and "The Canadian Wildman".

But The Wolfman's other home territory in the 70's was the Sheik's Big Time Promotion where he would work as an upper card heel in parts of 75,76, and 79.

The Wolfman would also tour Japan in 1976 and often team with Bobo Brazil.

In the early 80's he would finish up his career in Canada enjoying a feud with The Super Intelligent Destroyer, who was also finishing his career as a babyface.

To my knowlege he never held a title, even a regional title during his 24 year career. Farkas would retire in 1988.

·
Likes wrestling....
11,021 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
These are awesome!

I hope you do one on Nightmare Freddy!

I am certainly glad some of you are enjoying these.

To be fair this is a labor of love. If one person enjoys them, I am satisfied. It's just fun for me to do this as opposed to the steady diet of Rock vs Austin threads in the "classics" section.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts