Wrestling Forum banner

161 - 180 of 615 Posts

·
40,760 Posts
Re: Halloween (October 19, 2018)

Yes. Fixed. :sk

As for the photos when I said well lit my mind was solely focused on his eyes, but now that you mention it I get your point. Though that last pic seems like a promo photo, so it's fine IMO. The daylight one depending on how its filmed, especially the angle of sun(assuming they are using natural lighting) can still expose his eyes if not done right. Fortunately it seems like they did it right. There were many broad daylight shots in the OG.
I'm not saying he's never been out during the day, my point is that of all the shots they could've used they chose a day shot. Kinda odd considering Michael stalks in the shadows. He's lurking in the dark watching you right now.

I'm also not saying this movie is going to suck because of these pics. These pics just don't HYPE this movie for me personally. I also don't want promo photos of a murderer that just might be evil incarnate.

I dunno, the mask looks a bit too expressive, like he's sad. Shouldn't his stare be blank and emotionless?
It's interesting that you see the mask as sad. It looks pretty lifeless to me.

·
Registered
9,369 Posts

I'm not saying he's never been out during the day, my point is that of all the shots they could've used they chose a day shot. Kinda odd considering Michael stalks in the shadows. He's lurking in the dark watching you right now.

I'm also not saying this movie is going to suck because of these pics. These pics just don't HYPE this movie for me personally. I also don't want promo photos of a murderer that just might be evil incarnate.

It's interesting that you see the mask as sad. It looks pretty lifeless to me.
its a certain thing in the forehead shape. it makes it look like hes emoting despair a bit to me. it looks creepy sure but is it Michael? i dunno. :shrug

·
Registered
45,092 Posts

I'm in the camp where I've never minded any of the masks/looks in previous installments, b/c the greater context of reasoning & action overshadowed the appearance. As long as The Shape is The Shape in the way it's presented for its specific world, I'm sold.

·
#TEAMFIT
7,953 Posts

Yea I get you, though I'm sure it will make sense given the context. Just going to have to wait and see(or not, if the trailer ends up being shit lol.)

Halloween 5 & 6 masks were beautiful imo.
Halloween 5's was absolutely terrible TBH. He had this elongated neck thing going on with this overly long hair.

Halloween 6's though was amazing. Probably my second favorite Michael Myers mask. It was obviously different than the original but still had a really creepy look to it in it's own way.

Even though Halloween 6 wasn't a good movie, I always thought it had one of the best Michaels.

·
Registered
45,092 Posts

Figuring out the timelines within the franchise atm. It's almost wanting me to look at it like some Twin Peaks stuff. (even if this is only constructed through corporate means, but idc, gonna have my fun.)

Halloween, Halloween II ---> Curse of Thorn trilogy w/films 4, 5, & 6.

Halloween, Halloween II ---> H20, Resurrection.

Halloween ---> 2018's.

Zombie's Halloween & Halloween II.

Then off in its own wholly different universe is Season of the Witch, where Halloween exists as a film like we see it, but not as an actual true to life event.

So we're now sitting at FIVE different timelines. This is all so kooky and I love it.

Reactions: Clique

·
Mmmm juicy
1,829 Posts

halloween 5 has nostalgia factor for me, cause it was the first of the series that i saw as a kid. watched it over and over again, so i guess thats why i love the mask haha

·
BIG KAIJU~
5,987 Posts

Wow looking at that Picture of Myers and that little Teaser has me so fucking hype to see this film like today. I think the Mask is perfection and takes it back to the old school fear he gave audiences in the first two films. In my opinion I love the first film, but I could debate to the end of time that the first film is just as good as the original. I mean Laurie thinks she is safe, and you would think a Hospital would be the safest place for her, but shit hit the fan and let the bodies hit the floor. 4 and 5 I always dug as a kid especially 4 Danielle Harris to me really gave a brilliant performance, it just sucks that today she hasn't been given enough shots in films and tv over the years.

·
Banned
15 Posts

Halloween 5 & 6 masks were beautiful imo.
Halloween 4’s was decent too

I loved H20’s

Also even though Ressurection was a joke his mask was good too

·
Super Moderator Going Backwards With WF
33,403 Posts

I think they used 4 different masks in H20. I definetly wasn't a fan of the open eyes.

I neeeeeever usually talk about Resurrection in any way shape or form, but

Far too much extras and face definition here. Not sure if they were at least trying to capture something from the original mask, but they added too much.

Oh and; Fuck that whole movie. Had to get that in.

·
#TEAMFIT
7,953 Posts

I think they used 4 different masks in H20. I definetly wasn't a fan of the open eyes.

I neeeeeever usually talk about Resurrection in any way shape or form, but

Far too much extras and face definition here. Not sure if they were at least trying to capture something from the original mask, but they added too much.

Oh and; Fuck that whole movie. Had to get that in.
Agreed. He looks like Herman Munster in this pic. It's the contouring.

·
Registered
2,405 Posts

Meh. The only Halloween I liked was the remake that showed his origin story as a kid. Not interested in seeing grandma Curtis fend off Michael for 90 minutes.

·
Fear, Fruity Pebbles, and Possum Piss
4,585 Posts

IMO, one of the worst things ever done in these films was giving Michael a fucking backstory. Nobody needs to see how he became a murderous psychopath. He's infinitely more terrifying if we know nothing. He just IS. That was the appeal of the very first film. We don't know why he randomly kills his sister when he's a child. He just does it. And then continues to do it when he escapes.

Hannibal Rising almost ruined the Lecter character with the shitty backstory. I hate that Thomas Harris caved in to the pressure and wrote that shit. There needs to be mystery to these characters :)

·
BIG KAIJU~
5,987 Posts

You know for a first Trailer I thought this was pretty good. Laurie ain't running away, she's protecting her family and she's ready to off Michael and finish this once and for all. The Mask in movement during the Trailer looks lovely, I think this Movie will do very well at the Box Office I just wonder if this will be the last of the Halloween films, or they'll leave us guessing for a sequel to this.

161 - 180 of 615 Posts