Wrestling Forum banner

141 - 160 of 615 Posts

·
Super Moderator Going Backwards With WF
33,402 Posts
Re: Halloween (October 19, 2018)

Myers :done Looking fucking great.

Esp in that bottom picture regarding the mask. It perfectly encapsulates his current age in the mask. I'm sure that was intentional of course but it damn works well.

Bring it the fuck on.

·
Banned
18,555 Posts

In the first film — the actress' Hollywood debut — “she was running for her life,” says Curtis, 59. “In this case, she is well-matched, she is prepared, she is focused. She will be the one people are standing behind when that moment comes, because she’s the one ready.
I've seen this movie before. It was called Halloween H20.

- Vic

·
40,760 Posts

So she's yet another Ripley clone strong and independent and KICKS ASS FUCK YEAH.

That's an interesting and not overused concept in 2018. Sweet.

It can still be well done but man is it almost always not well done these days.

·
There is no duty we so much underrate as... being
19,029 Posts

Thanks for passing this along!

This sounds a good deal like the arc of Sarah Connor's from The Terminator to Terminator 2: Judgment Day.

Which is arguably a touch recycled from previous Halloween entries, but as always, it is the singer, not the song. We shall see what they have up their sleeves with this...

·
Premium Member
1,037 Posts

Sorry I’m on my phone if the video is not embedded properly.
Fuck. I swore I wasn’t going to hype myself for this. After the pictures and that video, I’m like a little kid again. If the trailer blows me away on Friday, I may just try to sleep through the summer.

·
33,402 Posts

Said it before, but this shot of the mask does perfectly show Myers' advanced age via the mask, which does look great I'm happy to say. I know us Halloween fans go on about the actual mask a lot, but it's such an integral part in the presentation and perception of the movie that I'm glad they seem to have got it right for this. Esp after all the shitty looking masks we've had to put up with.

·
Premium Member
1,037 Posts

Said it before, but this shot of the mask does perfectly show Myers' advanced age via the mask, which does look great I'm happy to say. I know us Halloween fans go on about the actual mask a lot, but it's such an integral part in the presentation and perception of the movie that I'm glad they seem to have got it right for this. Esp after all the shitty looking masks we've had to put up with.
He honestly looks a lot like Zombies version. Mask and all. And that’s not a bad thing.

·
#TEAMFIT
7,953 Posts

Thank you

I'm so happy in a lot of these shots it's lit in a way that doesn't show his eyes. A lot of the directors after Carpenter seemed to not understand why it's important to not show them and have them "blackened"(yes there was a scene in the first Halloween where they showed them, but the context was different TBH). Michael is supposed to represent the deep dark evil inside. Showing his eyes all the time humanizes him in a bad way and misses the point IMO.

smh. :no:

·
40,760 Posts

I think you mean humanizes him? I agree, I can't stand it when you see his eyes.

While I like that we can't see his eyes, I think these still photo promos are too well lit. It just seems so staged.

Hi I am Michael Myers I am going to kill you but I'll pose for this pic sure why not.

The one that looks like it might be from the movie looking out from inside a car? is ok but it's broad daylight lol.

Other than what I think are just bad photos for Michael Myers, I do think he looks great. He's plenty unsettling even in the staged nature.

·
#TEAMFIT
7,953 Posts

I think you mean humanizes him? I agree, I can't stand it when you see his eyes.

While I like that we can't see his eyes, I think these still photo promos are too well lit. It just seems so staged.

Hi I am Michael Myers I am going to kill you but I'll pose for this pic sure why not.

The one that looks like it might be from the movie looking out from inside a car? is ok but it's broad daylight lol.
Yes. Fixed. :sk

As for the photos when I said well lit my mind was solely focused on his eyes, but now that you mention it I get your point. Though that last pic seems like a promo photo, so it's fine IMO. The daylight one depending on how its filmed, especially the angle of sun(assuming they are using natural lighting) can still expose his eyes if not done right. Fortunately it seems like they did it right. There were many broad daylight shots in the OG.

·
24,253 Posts

"I met him, 15 years ago; I was told there was nothing left; no reason, no conscience, no understanding in even the most rudimentary sense of life or death, of good or evil, right or wrong. I met this... six-year-old child with this blank, pale, emotionless face, and... the blackest eyes - the Devil's eyes. I spent eight years trying to reach him, and then another seven trying to keep him locked up, because I realized that what was living behind that boy's eyes was purely and simply... evil." - Loomis, Halloween (1978)

Agree about the eyes, I'd go as far as to say that showing his eyes is antithetical to the character.

60,001 Posts

Just catching up on the thread. I love those photos of The Shape. They have really nailed the look and feel of the mask. The pre trailer has me hyped for the main course. Carpenter's Halloween score. :banderas

·
33,402 Posts

Thank you

:done they've certainly took a lot of care in getting the look right and this new photo emphasizes that further. I'm glad they at least took the time to make sure his look is as authentic as possible.

141 - 160 of 615 Posts