1,346 Posts
Re: Halloween (October 19th, 2018) Written by Danny McBride of all people

Carpenter is associated with it so there might be some hope

·
Premium Member
9,420 Posts

Carpenter is doing the score.

“I am an executive producer and it looks clear to me that I’ve made a deal to do the music,” Carpenter tells Billboard. “There are many options. I’ll be consulting with the director to see what he feels. I could create a new score, we could update the old score and amplify it, or we could combine those two things. I’ll have to see the movie to see what it requires.”
:mark:

Trent Reznor and Atticus Ross remixed the theme. Has nothing to do with the upcoming movie. Just thought it was good.

·
Registered
45,092 Posts

As a fan of every Halloween film & a good track record David Gordon Green, I'm already on board w/this. Doubt it'll touch the Zombie stuff, but that's ok. Not expecting it to.

just hoping it's not modern horror bullshit, but that's all I can really ask for. Carpenter score is a step in the right direction. Plz come back to us in all capacities, Carpenter. We need you.

·
Registered
45,092 Posts

Similar scenario to what Texas Chainsaw 3D opted for. (I think another one from a franchise did this too) Taking place immediately after the first, creating a whole new timeline where any of the sequels don't factor in. I'm fine w/that, just curious at the directions this will lead w/the decision. Gonna be non-stop curious until its finally released.

Reactions: 2 Ton 21

·
Premium Member
1,042 Posts

This movie can pretty much blow me at this point. Carpenter saying this is the last Halloween film of all time (dream the fuck on) and Curtis only signing on once again for a paycheck and the promise of killing Michael off really kind of pisses me off. Let's get this anniversary/one off done so they can go back to the unstoppable force of evil that is Michael Myers.

·
Dragon Slayer
6,627 Posts

Similar scenario to what Texas Chainsaw 3D opted for. (I think another one from a franchise did this too) Taking place immediately after the first, creating a whole new timeline where any of the sequels don't factor in. I'm fine w/that, just curious at the directions this will lead w/the decision. Gonna be non-stop curious until its finally released.

There's no way this can take place immediately after the first as Jamie Lee Curtis is 40 years older. It almost has to be an H20 type movie , which was pretty good in its own right. Interesting thing is that while H20 ignored everything after the original two, this new one ignores even Halloween 2. This possibly makes it even more entertaining because after Michael disappeared from Loomis following being shot, Lorie simply spent the next 40 years wandering if he would return.

·
Registered
45,092 Posts

Well the "immediately" is more of an aftermath statement and of course it'll leap into a present state w/Laurie being older. That's exactly what Texas Chainsaw 3D did too, hence the acknowledgment. b/c well...obviously she has aged & has a child.

·
Mamba Mentality
26,071 Posts

It seems clear that the reboot of classic horror film Halloween will be a true homage of the original. As we have reported, the new Halloween is being written by Danny McBride and David Gordon Green, with Green directing for Blumhouse producer Jason Blum. It’s also been confirmed that Jamie Lee Curtis will return as Laurie Strode, Judy Greer will co-star as Laurie Strode’s daughter, and that John Carpenter is involved as executive producer, creative consultant, and potentially composer. And perhaps most importantly, it will be ignoring all of the sequels and taking place in a kind of alternate reality, according to McBride.

Now, another important piece of the puzzle has come together. According to Bloody Disgusting, the film has cast the original “Shape” actor Nick Castle as Michael Myers. Now, Castle is 70 years old, so it’s also been revealed that to help back him up, stunt performer and actor James Jude Courtney has also been cast as Myers. Bloody Disgusting further reports that “Also coming on board is Academy Award-winning make-up and VFX artist, Christopher Nelson (Suicide Squad, Deadpool, Sin City, Kill Bill Vol. 1 and 2)!”

It’s a cool thing that the 2018 movie is looking to play ball with pleasing the fandom by bringing in so many touchstones from the original. It seems like both Green and McBride and really looking to do right by the legacy of Halloween, and it’ll be great to see what they have in store.
Link: http://collider.com/halloween-reboot-michael-myers-nick-castle/#images

McBride really trying to create an authentic sequel to the original. I like it.

Re-create the Shatner mask and use Carpenter's original score please.

·
Super Moderator Going Backwards With WF
33,403 Posts

Original actor?

:wow

That is interesting. Just get the mask right for him too pls if you're going to this much trouble in making the movie as authentic as possible.

·
Registered
45,092 Posts

Well, lets have this still be its own original piece and not try to cash in too much on the nostalgia of making an exact copy of the original.

I don't need fan service; I just want a cool Halloween flick.

Reactions: 2 Ton 21

·
Premium Member
9,420 Posts

Will Patton Takes Aim at Michael Myers In ‘Halloween’

Will Patton (Armageddon, The Puppet Masters, The Punisher, The Mothman Diaries) has been cast in the now-filming David Gordon Green-directed Halloween. He will play a cop in the film Universal Pictures will release on October 19, 2018.

Bloody Disgusting broke the news over the weekend that Several rising young talents have joined the cast, including Virginia “Ginny” Gardner (Project Almanac, Marvel’s “Runaways”), Miles Robbins (Mozart in the Jungle, My Friend Dahmer), Dylan Arnold (Mudbound, Laggies, When We Rise), and Drew Scheid (“Stranger Things”, The War with Grandpa). They will be playing the school friends of Andi Matichak’s character, Allyson.

As previously announced, Jamie Lee Curtis is back as Laurie Strode in next year’s Halloween, which will take place after the original classic and disregard *all* of the sequels. Judy Greer has been cast to play Karen Strode, Laurie’s daughter, while Andi Matichak recently landed the coveted role of the film’s young lead (daughter to Greer and granddaughter to Curtis).

As we previously reported, actor, director, and screenwriter, Nick Castle, will return to the role of Michael Myers, while stunt performer and actor James Jude Courtney has also been cast to play Myers!

Also on board is Academy Award-winning make-up and VFX artist, Christopher Nelson (Suicide Squad, Deadpool, Sin City, Kill Bill Vol. 1 and 2).

In Halloween, co-written by Danny McBride, “Laurie Strode comes to her final confrontation with Michael Myers, the masked figure who has haunted her since she narrowly escaped his killing spree on Halloween night four decades ago.”

While Castle originated the iconic role in John Carpenter’s 1978 horror classic, Tony Moran also donned the infamous Michael Myers mask in the film. Carpenter will score, executive produce and serve as a consultant on the film.
Nice casting. He's a great character actor.

·
Mamba Mentality
26,071 Posts
Re: Halloween (October 19th, 2018)

Jason Blum has seen a cut of the new Halloween reboot, and proclaimed it a success. Blum isn’t exactly an impartial witness here, since he’s producing the film, but we’ll take any Halloween info we can get at this point.

I would like to see David Gordon Green‘s Halloween reboot/sequel right now, please and thank you. Or at the very least, some footage. I’m sure we’ll get a trailer soon, but for now, we’ll have to live vicariously through Jason Blum. Blum, who runs Blumhouse and is one of the producers of the upcoming film, just watched a first cut, and he had nothing but nice things to say. Speaking with Digital Spy, Blum praised the way Green’s film remained true to the spirit of the Halloween franchise:

“I feel really good about it, I saw a cut of it two nights ago. I think David did a terrific job…He did everything I hoped he would do which is respect the DNA of the franchise and bring something totally new to it and we’re really very very excited for people to see it.”

The new Halloween comes from Green and co-writer Danny McBride, and serves as a direct sequel to the first film directed by John Carpenter. Carpenter served as executive producer on the new film, and offered some guidance, making this the first Halloween sequel he was directly involved in since Halloween III: Season of the Witch. “Thirty-eight years after the original Halloween, I’m going to help to try to make the 10th sequel the scariest of them all,” Carpenter said.

Original Halloween star Jamie Lee Curtis returns for the film, and the rest of the cast includes Judy Greer, Andi Matichak, and Will Patton. Nick Castle, the stuntman who played Michael Myers in the first film, is also back, reprising the Myers role for a few scenes.

Blum’s comment about the new film respecting the “DNA of the franchise” mirrors what Danny McBride said in the past. While this film mostly ignores the Halloween sequels, McBride did say the script pays tribute to the other films in some capacity. “We do [reference the other movies],” McBride said. “For fans, we pay homage and respect to every Halloween that has been out there.” Does this mean the Cult of Thorn will be referenced, McBride? Fans want to know!

As for what else we can expect from the film, McBride had this to offer:

“I think we’re just trying to strip it down and just take it back to what was so good about the original. It was just very simple and just achieved that level of horror that wasn’t corny. And it wasn’t turning Michael Myers into some supernatural being that couldn’t be killed— that stuff to me isn’t scary. I want to be scared by something that I really think could happen. I think it’s much more horrifying to be scared by someone standing in the shadows while you’re taking the trash out as opposed to someone who can’t be killed pursuing you.”

Halloween opens October 19, 2018.
Source: http://www.slashfilm.com/halloween-reboot-update/

First cut is done. I think we can anticipate the first trailer in the next few weeks!

·
Super Moderator Going Backwards With WF
33,403 Posts

Looking forward to the trailer and seeing exactly what direction this is taking. Always been a big Halloween mark so I'm very interested in this and hoping they can deliver with this one.

Just get the damn mask right and that'll be a good start for me.

·
Registered
45,092 Posts

No humor & all terror. That's all I need to have happen.

Reactions: PandaPawPaw
61 - 80 of 615 Posts