Wrestling Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

Registered
Steiners vs Nasty Boys at HH 90 was really good.
And Paul E was entertaining on commentary.

Hogan beating Flair clean in the cage in 95 and having Flair 鈥渞etire鈥 for like a month is one of the darkest days in the history if our great sport. And very very unfair to Flair!

Registered
When you think of the business Halloween Havoc generated, I really think in hindsight this should have been pitched as WCW's WrestleMania. You can see why TNA hold BFG in October for that reason.

I think my favourite Halloween Havoc was 1996. DDP vs Eddie, Hogan vs Savage, Harlem Heat vs Outsiders, Luger vs Anderson, Syxx vs Jericho, Malenko vs Rey... there was probably dross but the card pretty much interesting from top to bottom.

Registered
Big fan of the 1989 Halloween Havoc. That show had cool vibes and the top four matches were strong with the Flair & Sting vs. Funk & Muta Thunderdome Cage Match main event being a particular standout.

Other fondly remembered Halloween Havoc matches include Vader/Cactus in 93, the Rey/Eddie bout from 97, and Goldberg/DDP in 98.

Premium Member
When you think of the business Halloween Havoc generated, I really think in hindsight this should have been pitched as WCW's WrestleMania. You can see why TNA hold BFG in October for that reason.

I think my favourite Halloween Havoc was 1996. DDP vs Eddie, Hogan vs Savage, Harlem Heat vs Outsiders, Luger vs Anderson, Syxx vs Jericho, Malenko vs Rey... there was probably dross but the card pretty much interesting from top to bottom.
It's funny you mention that but honestly I've been thinking the same thing for a while. Yeah Starrcade was definitely the big show in the 80s, but imo, after that it's Halloween Havoc that really felt like their biggest show to me. Yeah not every show was a knock out of the park by any means but the cards tended to be better on paper. Also, imo, the stuff on TV felt more important going into that show.

oooor I could be biased cause I love the theme of the show so much.

Registered
The first thing that pops in to my mind for some reason is the inflatable pumpkin or skull face they had at the entrance with the headstones.

But specifically it's Havoc 1998 as I owned the tape, so therefore you tend to watch it way more. It was an up and down card but really represented WCW heading towards the shitter. Of course it contains arguably Goldberg's greatest match with DDP; but also contains the worst match of any big PPV in Hogan v Warrior 2. Any of us here couldn't have booked that thing any worse. It's also incredibly promo heavy which doesn't add anything useful.

Highlights for me are of course Goldberg and DDP; Jericho v Raven is good; Rick Steiner/Buff Bagwell vs Scott and Giant is stupid guilty pleasure fun (containing of course promos by Rick, then Buff, then later some nonsense from Big Poppa Pump); Nash and Hall actually give a fuck and put on a solid match; Bret v Sting is okay but a major missed opportunity as there's no heat; and Hogan/Warrior 2 needs to be seen to see just how incredibly bad it is;

1 - 14 of 14 Posts