Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,588 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Should the hall of fame get switched to Summerslam weekend?? I’ve often thought about this,with how long the events of WrestleMania week being just so much for any viewer to sit through ,would appreciate t be smarter to move the hall of fame to Summerslam, or maybe have it in Los Angles as a separate thing entirely?? I mean most award shows and whatnot are in the Summer anyway.

Also this would free up space on the Wrestlemania dvd.

·
You need to be yourself, you can't be no-one else.
7,174 Posts
The hall of fame should be reserved for one single person every year, much like rock n roll hall of fame, there are nominations, maybe throw the vote out to the fans and that one person or team get inducted.

maybe have them do their speech prior to mania or whatever.

·
Registered
12,661 Posts
The hall of fame should be reserved for one single person every year, much like rock n roll hall of fame, there are nominations, maybe throw the vote out to the fans and that one person or team get inducted.

maybe have them do their speech prior to mania or whatever.
??? The Rock n Roll Hall of Fame does 6-8 inductees every year.

·
You need to be yourself, you can't be no-one else.
7,174 Posts
??? The Rock n Roll Hall of Fame does 6-8 inductees every year.
does it? well you learn something new everyday. I stand corrected. Ive never followed it that closely, I know the cure went in earlier this year but I always assumed it was just the one group or singer.

·
Registered
11,759 Posts
There is an argument to move it away from mania weekend as that's already stacked with live raw, live SD, takeover and mania itself.

Hof has been an annual thing which fans attended since 2004 so 15 years. There are clear signs last two years that's it's the show people have least enthusiasm for at least when it comes to ticket sales

·
Waiting for Kawato
911 Posts
What would moving it to Summerslam weekend do? That would just be the ridiculously long weekend of the year then, right? Granted you wouldn't have all the non-WWE events getting in the way as you do during Mania week, but I doubt much of what they do relates to that stuff anyway.

It will be interesting to see what happens with it next year though with Smackdown going to Friday. Will they movie it back or forwards??

·
Registered
50 Posts
Wish we had a vote in HOF inductees...and they need to stop being so political...

Yes i feel there is there was something up with death of Chris Beniot. But he needs to be in the Hall of Fame

Sent from my LM-Q710(FGN) using Tapatalk

·
Hardcore Casual
807 Posts
I like the idea of moving it to anniversary shows that @DoctorWhosawhatsit suggested. Realistically, how many HOFs do you add to your potential list in a year? If you continue to induct 10 people

Now, what I do agree with that the OP mentioned is that Wrestlemania is just too much at this point. If you include pre-show, HOF ceremony, Wrestlemania and post-WM RAW & SmackDown, there's like 20 hours of content in 3 days. That's absolutely insane. And that doesn't even include Axxess and whatever else is available for the live audience. I appreciate that they've made it into a true viewing event, but if you want a casual audience like the superbowl, it's not about making the event longer and ultimately more boring, but including better content (in the case of Superbowl: new stadiums, huge halftime acts that can still put on an amazing performance, cool commercials). So there is definitely room to trim a lot off of Wrestlemania weekend.

·
Registered
694 Posts
Hello I think it should stay at Wrestlemaina week. It is biggest time of the year for the wrestlers so it best place for it.

However having a public vote for who goes in is going ot be problematic , what if the public for some reason pick someone who for some reason has public image . It could make the WWE look bad.

Yours

Farhan

·
Registered
4,978 Posts
Hello I think it should stay at Wrestlemaina week. It is biggest time of the year for the wrestlers so it best place for it.

However having a public vote for who goes in is going ot be problematic , what if the public for some reason pick someone who for some reason has public image . It could make the WWE look bad.

Yours

Farhan
You know the public WILL vote for someone who´s controversial. Benoit, Chyna, Dynamite Kid etc. just to "stick it to them"

·
Registered
458 Posts
I have to say no, only for the reason that I think the HOF should be linked to the so called greatest event of the year which is supposed to be Wrestlemania (even if it does not always turn out to be like this year).

Speaking of the HOF does anyone else feel that WWE is even finding a way to ruin that also?
I used to love the HOF because it was one of the only WWE products that came across as organic now it seems to have gone down the route of how can we market nostalgia with less than stellar inductees and brushing over legitimate legends with that Legacy nonsense.

·
Registered
571 Posts
The Hall of Fame should always be during Wrestlemania weekend. No ppv is close to Wrestlemania in the whole wrestling industry including Summerslam. I am fine with Slammys going on during Summerslam week but not Hall of Fame. Also, Hall of Fame should eliminate the celeb wing because it is completely stupid to induct someone to perform a song(s) or managed someone in a short match,etc. It is an insult to every wrestler who bled, sweat, and teared up in the ring.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts