Wrestling Forum banner

21 - 32 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
4,670 Posts
Batista and NWO are slam dunk hall of famers so I dont see the complaints. There's still TONS of people to induct. Think more modern people.

undertaker, kane, big show, rock, hardy boys. tons of WCW guys.. Vader, Sid, Steiner Brothers. Demolition, Owen Hart, British Bulldog.

Women you still have Miss Elizabeth and Chyna (legit).

·
Registered
1,119 Posts
I think this year's HoF class will be much smaller than usual

·
Registered
3,533 Posts
The whole Hall Of Famce process is just pointless and embarassing to watch.

It's nothing but a bunch of corporate drones giving their buddies a meaningless award, while trying to tell the world that WWE is some kind of benevolant family that loves everyone. Nothing makes me cringe harder than seeing people like Hogan, Michaels and their cronies sitting in 50,000 dollar suits, clapping politely at some scripted, unfunny monologue from some douchebag just there to get into a legends contract.

·
Registered
34 Posts
I cannot understand why Rick Martel, Lex Luger, and Demolition have not been inducted.
Can't tell you on Luger and Martel, but from what I understand, Demolition (particularly Ax, Bill Eadie) doesn't want anything to do with the HoF or McMahon in general. To the point that they released the following shirt:

·
Registered
297 Posts
I just want Christian to get in, would love if it happened during this yeat's ceremony. Dude so deserves a proper recognition and send-off, considering he never got one.

·
The Fastest of the Fastest of Jamaican Sprinters
3,523 Posts
Batista and NWO are slam dunk hall of famers so I dont see the complaints. There's still TONS of people to induct. Think more modern people.

undertaker, kane, big show, rock, hardy boys. tons of WCW guys.. Vader, Sid, Steiner Brothers. Demolition, Owen Hart, British Bulldog.

Women you still have Miss Elizabeth and Chyna (legit).
You're looking at things in a very shortsighted way and not considering the simple math.

Remember, inducting 7-10 people every year, eventually, presumes that pro wrestling creates 7-10 hall of famers EVERY YEAR. Why? Because WWE has already inducted virtually everyone worth a damn from a hundred years of wrestling in a matter of only 15 years of HOF ceremonies. It's simply a question of math. Sure, there are a few dozen people from 1995-2015 that are worth inducting, but once you blow through them, what then?

·
Registered
4,670 Posts
You're looking at things in a very shortsighted way and not considering the simple math.

Remember, inducting 7-10 people every year, eventually, presumes that pro wrestling creates 7-10 hall of famers EVERY YEAR. Why? Because WWE has already inducted virtually everyone worth a damn from a hundred years of wrestling in a matter of only 15 years of HOF ceremonies. It's simply a question of math. Sure, there are a few dozen people from 1995-2015 that are worth inducting, but once you blow through them, what then?
Well they really only put 5 real people a year. The godfather and bushwackers... theres plenty of those.

Once they run out of people then there will be a new generation. Cm punk Daniel Bryan the shield etc

·
Registered
923 Posts
They're not going to put in 7-10 people every year, that's silly.

Yes the inductions are inevitably going to get more and more questionable; we've been saying this for a while. I imagine at some point the every year inductions will cease. But I would say a "normal" year will be 5 people maximum

·
Registered
11,141 Posts
They have indicted 130 wrestling personalities individually since 2004 that includes singles wrestlers, tag wrestlers, groups like von erichs, horsemen, freebirds, commentators, managers, female wrestlers, people that worked very little for WWE last 40 years like mil mascaras, inoki and Carlos colon

If you look at observer hall of fame the following are in but not in wwes, couple of years hall of fames there alone of guys who worked for WWE or companies WWE own.

Jim Cornette, Dynamite kid (probably unlikely to get in), Stan Hansen, Vince McMahon, Vader, Keiji Mutoh, Bull Nakano, Chris Benoit (obviously not going in), undertaker, Ultimo dragon, Paul heyman, HHH (as an individual), the Rock, Konnan, midnight express, Chris Jericho, Rey Mysterio, Steve Williams, John Cena, Brock Lesnar, Nakamura, Ivan koloff, Daniel Bryan, aj styles.

Website with top 100 not in Hof, obviously created last year because Batista is now in Not in Hall of Fame - WWE Page #1

21 - 32 of 32 Posts