Wrestling Forum banner

Hair vs. Mask match at WrestleMania XXVII?

2934 Views 25 Replies 25 Participants Last post by  ThatWeirdGuy
Rey Mysterio vs. "Dashing Cody Rhodes. If Rhodes wins, Mysterio would have to unmask himself but if Mysterio wins, then Rhodes would have his head shaved bald. What do you think?
Reactions: SES Soldier
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

· Registered
865 Posts
It's a terrible idea, Cody loses his first real feud and looks like a fool when Rey shaves him bald.

They should just have a match, now the end result might be the same, chances are that the "ultimate underdog" will prevail, but atleast without any stips Cody stands a chance of winning.

· Registered
3,506 Posts
Dashing Rachel, i know you from 7x.com, you made the exact same thread on there.

· Registered
1,834 Posts
There's no way Rey is losing his mask.

- WWE sell a shit load of them, you only have to look at the amount of kids in Rey masks in the crowd to get an idea how many. While it remains marketable, WWE won't get rid of it.

- Having heard quotes from Rey about his unmasking in WCW, I think he'd sooner leave WWE than be unmasked again. He sees the mask as a pivotal part of his family's wrestling heritage.

· Registered
267 Posts
I really hope not. I would rather watch Cody and Rey have a custody papers in a case ladder match than that. Rey losing the mask at this point is dumb and shaving Cody's hair could very well de-rail is momentum. Not just losing the match but he basically loses his gimmick and is made to start a new gimmick or become this bitter Kurt Angle joke character.

· Registered
1,503 Posts
No stipulation with Rey's mask on the line in the WWE ends with him losing so no. Just use the mask to build this feud up and so far it looks good and im okay with Rey winning at WM because I think WWE will be sure to let Rhodes win the feud at the end of it.

· Lucy Snorebush
2,155 Posts
Mysterio is on the last legs of his career, we've had all the rumour talk of him not extending his contract also. He needs to start seriously putting people over now and Cody is a great start.

· Banned
18,124 Posts
I just want normal match between these two. As much as I hate Rey's habits in going over his opponents all the time, I mark for Rey in this one. I want him to squash 'Crapping' Cody Rhodes.

· Registered
6,278 Posts
Stipulations, in large part, ruined Rey's match against Punk last year. It was painfully obvious that Mysterio wasn't joining SES, and so the outcome was a foregone conclusion and the easiest match on the card to predict. Go back and look - I'd bet the predictions from last year on this board had 95% picking Rey. Let them have a one-on-one match so that Cody can get that big win he needs. Save the stupid Lucha de Apeustas stipulations for Extreme Rules or some other ridiculous secondary PPV.

· Premium Member
37,916 Posts
No, no, no, thanks anyway is my response to that.

Red does not need anything stacking the deck in his favor as we head towards Wrestlemania. Cody needs to win this match and feud and Rey needs to do a good job putting him over. Rey is leaving soon or could be leaving soon anyway. He needs to set the table for others on his way out.

· Registered
6,114 Posts
Why a hair vs mask match? Seems like it's irrelevant. A mask vs mask match should only happen at Wrestlemania if Rey loses, which may be possible considering the reports that he may retire after his contract finishes. However, I would prefer if they involved the Intercontinental title in the feud, like they did with Jericho a couple of years back. I think the title would be best used in this feud considering Rhodes' 'shattered dreams' speech plus, firstly, it won't be wasted on a guy (Kofi) who'll almost certainly be in the Money in the Bank ladder match and secondly, it gives Cody a much better chance of winning againsy Rey, especially if it's title vs mask (Cody's). I do have a bad feeling they'll go mask vs. mask and while the feud will be brilliant, Rey will most likely go over. What WWE needs is for Rhodes to win.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.