Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
alot of times we have threads abot guys that we hate, not in terms of them being heels but rather because of poor ringwork, (Orton), being pushed without deserving it (Sheamus) etc. But who are the guys that you pity or IYO really got messed up by creative or by the E??? Here are mines

Tommy Dreamer- Was an ECW stable watchted it die. Then watches it get ressurected by the WWE only to gradually drop everything and everyone related to the original ECW. Added to this despite being such an over and revered wrestler, he basically soend most of his time in it as a jobber.

MVP- At first he sucked in the ring but he did have mike skills , Benoit (yeah i said it) takes him under his wing and in a rare case we see a marked improvement in his work. He gets a couple US title reigns and then goes through a dumb losing streak gimmick where he jobs to jobbers to prove he was staying power and then gets to watch as other guys who spend much less time in the E as him with far less talent (SHeamus) get shot to to the top. Now what does he do?????? JOB and rarely appear.

any more

·
Registered
648 Posts
Shelton Benjamin. Had the talent to headline Wrestlemania, but was consistently buried time and time again.

Christian should have been a multi time world champ by now, but Vince won't let him reach the heights he could have reached.

Matt Hardy. His druggie brother got all the fame and he never even got a world title run, despite being more technically sound and having the talent and being over enough. If Sheamus can be world champ, Matt Hardy should have been. Maybe not the last few years, but in 05 Hardy should have been a top guy.

Santino. This guy has put so much time into his training and is a great worker, but he's booked as a joke.

·
Recognize
21,378 Posts
alot of times we have threads abot guys that we hate, not in terms of them being heels but rather because of poor ringwork, (Orton), being pushed without deserving it (Sheamus) etc. But who are the guys that you pity or IYO really got messed up by creative or by the E??? Here are mines

Tommy Dreamer- Was an ECW stable watchted it die. Then watches it get ressurected by the WWE only to gradually drop everything and everyone related to the original ECW. Added to this despite being such an over and revered wrestler, he basically soend most of his time in it as a jobber.

MVP- At first he sucked in the ring but he did have mike skills , Benoit (yeah i said it) takes him under his wing and in a rare case we see a marked improvement in his work. He gets a couple US title reigns and then goes through a dumb losing streak gimmick where he jobs to jobbers to prove he was staying power and then gets to watch as other guys who spend much less time in the E as him with far less talent (SHeamus) get shot to to the top. Now what does he do?????? JOB and rarely appear.

any more
fpalm

·
Registered
5,013 Posts
Shelton Benjamin. Had the talent to headline Wrestlemania, but was consistently buried time and time again.

Christian should have been a multi time world champ by now, but Vince won't let him reach the heights he could have reached.

Matt Hardy. His druggie brother got all the fame and he never even got a world title run, despite being more technically sound and having the talent and being over enough. If Sheamus can be world champ, Matt Hardy should have been. Maybe not the last few years, but in 05 Hardy should have been a top guy.

Santino. This guy has put so much time into his training and is a great worker, but he's booked as a joke.
Yeah, I'm sure he cries all the way to the bank. :rolleyes:

·
Harvester of Sorrow
12,320 Posts
I suppose at present Kaval, because he's basically turning into Evan Bourne 2.0. Not saying he should be WWE/WHC champion despite the fact that he's a great assest. I just think an I.C title reign, or US title reign or even a run with the tag belt would do him so good, but he damn near loses every match he's in.

But another mention would proberly be Christian because I've been a fan of his since his E&C days, and like Matt Hardy has always been overlooked by management despite being a great wrestler. Hopefully when he returns he can get on top but that's what I thought when he returned two years ago.

·
also known as a BUSTER
11,993 Posts
This is destined to become a Matt Hardy, Ken Kennedy, Carlito, Shelton Benjamin and MVP 'Midcarders Anonymous' love-in.

Personally, I felt for the way Colt Cabana wasn't given shit by the WWE. They didn't even give him chance to get his web-show, which was entirely his own idea, off the ground.

It was also a massive shame that Owen Hart wasn't an even bigger star.

·
Premium Member
2,271 Posts
These guys all still have jobs so I don't really feel bad for them. Maybe Matt Hardy but he got himself fired so I can't really feel bad for him.

I think Shelton since he's not on TV right now. Is he with TNA yet?

I felt bad for Katie Lea but she's with TNA now so its all good.

·
Registered
4,897 Posts
Sorry what?
Santino is one of the most talented guys in the ring and on the mic. If he was tall like Undertaker, had huge muscles like Sheamus or Cena, or looked crazy like Orton, the guy would be a star. Instead, he's forced to job to guys with half his skills, and do stupid moves like The Cobra. Similar to Goldust.

·
Banned
8,283 Posts
I feel bad for Christian. He's out with an injury right now for quite a while, he basically carried ECW on his back for a whole year until it went off the air. He did nothing once he made it to Smackdown. When he gets back I'm sure he'll be the work horse that carries everybody to good matches on Smackdown and Superstars. Sure he'll get paid but the people he's working with will get nothing out of it. I don't know if I blame him or blame the creative team but he was puting on 3 star matches on ECW with everbody on a consistant basis.

Aside from Jack Swagger nobody has benefited from it. Most of his matches from last year are relegated to only being seen again by Youtube and all 300 views they have. They will only be remembered by most of us "wrestling nerds" so it's pretty sad because this was a guy that should have won the WWE Championship by now but instead we will probably see Zack Ryder win the title before they'd give it to Christian. Hope Christian really needs the money and likes the life he lives.

·
Registered
4,807 Posts
The physical talent, yeah - no one will deny that. But by no means was Shelton WM Main Event worthy in terms of his personality. I get that this guy is a big bone of contention with a lot of fans because he was indeed a PHENOMINAL athlete... but that's just not enough in the wrestling business.

Could they have tried harder and given him a main event chance? Maybe, but even if they did - he'd never be at the WM ME level - at best challenging for the title or a transitional champion.

·
Banned
7,852 Posts
Katie Lea... A great talent and a style that could've been marketable if WWE gave a crap about the divas in general... There were many ways they could've used her too, especially if she was sent to Smackdown, she had great matches in OVW with Beth, and a feud with Laycool is a given, considering her gothic image. Shame they let her go and did nothing with her, same could be said for many over the years though not just her.

·
Registered
1,981 Posts
Katie Lea... A great talent and a style that could've been marketable if WWE gave a crap about the divas in general... There were many ways they could've used her too, especially if she was sent to Smackdown, she had great matches in OVW with Beth, and a feud with Laycool is a given, considering her gothic image. Shame they let her go and did nothing with her, same could be said for many over the years though not just her.
The freakin' ladder match. That was hardcore. Beth Phoenix is the closest WWE will ever get to Japanese Women's Deathmatches.

I really "feel" if you like, for Zack Ryder and Curt Hawkins. Dudes are legit talented and could easily have been a next-gen Edge and Christian if they'd arrived five years later.

·
Registered
2,279 Posts
This is destined to become a Matt Hardy, Ken Kennedy, Carlito, Shelton Benjamin and MVP 'Midcarders Anonymous' love-in.

It was also a massive shame that Owen Hart wasn't an even bigger star.
It's true about everyone in your post though, they all could of been pushed to the top at one time, the biggest disappointment is Owen though, when I was a kid I never understood why he wasn't champion, and I've spent most of my life convinced he was champion at least once (maybe he is, I've not checked in a long while, but something keeps making me think that)

I'm also a big fan of the Dudebusters, Zack Ryder and Curt Hawkins. These are the guys that need to be at the top in 5 years, not Sheamus, Jack Swagger or hell...even The Miz who I'm a big fan of. The Miz can be the guy to carry the entire midcard on his back and have great feuds with up and coming superstars, much like Edge and hit the big time in the later time of his career.

I also want Christian to have a big title win at Wrestlemania in a face vs face match against Edge and hold the title. Goddamit if Christian never wins the title before his retirement I will severely lose faith in everything. I can understand why Regal never won the title, because drugs are bad kids.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Kaval is still largely untapped by the WWE, we are shattering his career in the indies.

·
Registered
5,100 Posts
Serena. She trained hard in FCW and when she got called up they cut her hair bald and they didn't even give her a match, then after she finally got one the following week she got fired, i mean what the hell WWE???

·
Banned
97 Posts
Kaval, Bourne and especially Zack Ryder.

One year ago, he had really good matches with Christian for the ECW title, now he loses to Santino in 1 minute and is made fun of by Edge in backstage segments. :/

1 - 20 of 29 Posts