Wrestling Forum banner

Guys that TNA missed out on for possible growth

2575 17
Monty Brown- This dude was rough around the edges sure but had everything a growing company could want in a champion. He went to WWE and first match in was showcased a million times better. WHAT THE WHAT TNA?!

Erik Watts/Dale Torborg-Dale is in basball and Erik was never good to begin with. but he was a an authority figure amongst Jeff Jarretts political BS and had some presence about it. These two had simular appearances and movesets, they should have been a tag team.

Lance Hoyt- Known to most as Vance Archer he first came to TNa as this 7 foot Test look alike that could do Moonsaults, not to mention the innovative Texas Towerbomb. this guy would have been a perfect connection of traditional main eventers and X division style wrestling, but for some reason got no push, no momentum apart from that exchange with Abyss at the first Fight For The Right Tournament.

Trytan- 7 foot, uh... well... he's big and tall. That counts for something right?

Joe Legend- thats right i'm recommending this man

im suprised how much this guy has upped his game on the indy scene since becoming a C show jobber. he did have an activer role in the Red Shirt Security but immediantly dissapeared when that was done to make way for the Elite Guard. Also, just like...

Steve Corino-He screams WWe all over, something TNA have a hard for right now.except Steve can actually handle himself on the mic.

Chad Collyer-Also in the Elite Guard, Dean Malenko's student could have filled the void left by Mr Road Agent but in TNA

Matt Morgan-Mr Mt. Footprint Blueprint here is doing alright now but if he does win the belt soon, will any of you even care?

Hotstuff Hernandez- A couple of years ago this guy was on fire. Super Mex, remember that? He cashed in his FOF Case before the match at the ppv even started! Yet that went nowhere. Who knows if his time down south will pay off nowadays.

The last two guys are somewhat in the same boat and could've given some fresh life into the TNA main event on a brand extending level. Even up to this day i think they should have done Morgan and Fourtune vs Hernandez and The Legion at BFG

Petey Williams and Eric Young- The Canadian Destroyer was finally coming into his own as Maple Leaf Muscle(hope no "substances" were involved) looked like a guy TNA could take a risk on, but they decied that Gas-out Steiner was a safer bet. Eric Young had a little bit of everything, had the TNA audiance in the palm of his hand, even Jericho was high on this guy back in the day. Nuff said.

Xtreme Dean- Appearing only for the Mexico vs UK X Cup, this man is the British Rey Misterio, any questions?
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

· Registered
12,861 Posts
Sheamus O'Shaunessy, CM Punk , Matt Sydal, Teddy Hart, Tyson Kidd, David Hart Smith, Stu Bennett , Dos Caras JR, Jack Evans, Jackson Andrews, Alex Kozlov, Chris Hero, Drew Galloway, Bryan Danielson, Ken Doane, Mistico, Joe Doering, Austin Aries, Davey Richards and many more former free agents TNA did bring in.

· Banned
18,342 Posts
- Monty Brown
- Chris Harris
- Lance Hyot
- Suicide

· Registered
73 Posts
- Monty Brown
- Chris Harris
- Lance Hyot
- Suicide
Yeah, forgot about this geeza. Could have been a huge moneymaker in terms for merch, and the character wasn't that bad, to be honest. It didn't matter who was under the mask, simply because the character was entertaining despite it being depicted from a video game, but I digress.

· Registered
4,034 Posts
Chris Harris ? Really? He screwed himself

· Anti-Hero
11,709 Posts
Petey Williams most definitely. Homicide is another. CM Punk for sure. You know, actually this list could just go on and on so I will stop there.
Man I miss Petey Williams though.

· Registered
10,981 Posts
There are only a few answers to this question:

Killings, Brown, and Harris. TNA REALLY dropped the ball on all three. REALLY dropped the ball. An argument can be made about Lance Hoyt.
Tna didn't drop the ball. They just weren't established Ex-WCW, Ex-ECW or Ex-WWE guys therefore in management's eyes they're not a draw nor could they ever be.

I've said it time and time again this company is just digging their own grave. Fortunately for me, I was able to crawl out just in time before they took me down with them. "TNA is raising the bar" my white Caribbean ass. The only thing TNA is doing with a bar is beating themselves in the head with it.

· Registered
205 Posts
They messed up big time with Monty Brown and Samoa Joe in 2004-2005.
In 04/05, Monty was RED HOT. He was over, good on the mic, had a great physique, charisma, a catchphrase, and looked a legit threat. They pushed him and instead of putting the belt on him, they had him job to Jarrett, then inexplicably turn heel and join the guy who screwed him. It killed Monty's heat forever.

They could have done more with Hoty too. I would like him to be brought back to tag with Morgan or Crimson - in a 2011 version of the Skyscrapers tag team.

· Banned
2,204 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Sheamus O'Shaunessy, CM Punk , Matt Sydal, Teddy Hart, Tyson Kidd, David Hart Smith, Stu Bennett , Dos Caras JR, Jack Evans, Jackson Andrews, Alex Kozlov, Chris Hero, Drew Galloway, Bryan Danielson, Ken Doane, Mistico, Joe Doering, Austin Aries, Davey Richards and many more former free agents TNA did bring in.
REALLY!? I dont remember reading even half the guys you listed to anything to do with tna

I know Paul London, The Briscoes and Mr. Kennedy were one timers but...

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.