Wrestling Forum banner
1 - 20 of 188 Posts

·
Registered
976 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This time last year, people were hijacking shows for him, every single person in the building was doing the yes chant, they were screaming his name. It was amazing how much the fans universally loved Bryan. I thought nothing he does will ever get him booed. If Stone Cold were to return and stunner him, the fans would shit on him. If Chris Benoit came back from the dead and put him in the crippler crossface and made Bryan tap, the fans would boo him back to death. You see, I always wanted a Rock vs. Bryan match to see who's the real people's champ, I thought Bryan could rival him in reactions. But when the bootlegged crappy version of the Rock could get atleast a minor portion of the crowd to boo Bryan there is no way he could match with the Rock. Obviously he's still the most over guy by a large margin, (his yes chant is dwindling tho, and whens the last time we got a daniel bryan chant?) But what is the reason for this? Is it because he's been gone so long the fans forgot how much they loved him? Is it because his shtick got old? Or is it because he's been made to look like a fool with his booking ever since he won the belt. If this is the new trend, I don't want Bryan vs. Lesnar anymore. Maybe if he gets shit booking again the fans will 100% Bryan again.

TL;DR Daniel Bryan's crowd reaction has decreased since last year, why? I might be over reacting but shit Bryan getting booed at all surprises me. Hey, still more over than Reigns I guess.

·
Premium Member
38,763 Posts
This time last year, people were hijacking shows for him, every single person in the building was doing the yes chant, they were screaming his name. It was amazing how much the fans universally loved Bryan. I thought nothing he does will ever get him booed. If Stone Cold were to return and stunner him, the fans would shit on him. If Chris Benoit came back from the dead and put him in the crippler crossface and made Bryan tap, the fans would boo him back to death. You see, I always wanted a Rock vs. Bryan match to see who's the real people's champ, I thought Bryan could rival him in reactions. But when the bootlegged crappy version of the Rock could get atleast a minor portion of the crowd to boo Bryan there is no way he could match with the Rock. Obviously he's still the most over guy by a large margin, (his yes chant is dwindling tho, and whens the last time we got a daniel bryan chant?) But what is the reason for this? Is it because he's been gone so long the fans forgot how much they loved him? Is it because his shtick got old? Or is it because he's been made to look like a fool with his booking ever since he won the belt. If this is the new trend, I don't want Bryan vs. Lesnar anymore. Maybe if he gets shit booking again the fans will 100% Bryan again.

TL;DR Daniel Bryan's crowd reaction has decreased since last year, why? I might be over reacting but shit Bryan getting booed at all surprises me. Hey, still more over than Reigns I guess.
yeah lets be worried that one of the most over guys before the RR won it and is now getting mostly boos and he was the WWE chosen one.

DB is fine, if you need to worry about someone its Reigns because Reigns seems like he can't take the booing and its bothers him.
Where as DB lets that stuff run off his back and doesn't care if people don't like him

·
Registered
2,840 Posts
DB is fine. If you need him to be universally over forever, I suggest moving on. Your enjoyment of his great work shouldn't be influenced by external sources, no matter how realistic or exaggerated they are.

·
Registered
3,950 Posts
:eyeroll

There's no hijacking for the following reasons:

- Bryan has already main evented Wrestlemania and won the title

- Bryan was actually in the rumble this year and lost. last year they refused to even let him participate

- the Authority holding him back was a huge part of the storylines last year which got the casuals more invested in the 'yes movement'

- A week after the rumble they announced Reigns/Bryan for Fast Lane, so they're already giving him another shot at the Mania main event. No 'hijaking' needed.

The guy is still over as fuck. The crowd is always into his matches the most.

·
Registered
7,545 Posts
He's been booked badly. He's the undeserving guy who is ruining Reigns moment.
yup kayfabe wise bryan got eliminated from rumble fair and square and roman won fair and square now the fans see this guy trying to take roman's opportunity away from him

·
Banned
822 Posts
Bryan doesnMt take it seriously. He goofs off during matches, breaking kayfabe during matches, laughing and smiling when he's supposed to be selling.

He's not a good wrestler. He's just good at doing moves.

·
Registered
976 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
:eyeroll

There's no hijacking for the following reasons:

- Bryan has already main evented Wrestlemania and won the title

- Bryan was actually in the rumble this year and lost. last year they refused to even let him participate

- the Authority holding him back was a huge part of the storylines last year which got the casuals more invested in the 'yes movement'

- A week after the rumble they announced Reigns/Bryan for Fast Lane, so they're already giving him another shot at the Mania main event. No 'hijaking' needed.

The guy is still over as fuck. The crowd is always into his matches the most.
I'm not saying "why aren't they hijacking the shows anymore" im just saying how much love he was getting compared to now is sad.

·
Registered
976 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
yup kayfabe wise bryan got eliminated from rumble fair and square and roman won fair and square now the fans see this guy trying to take roman's opportunity away from him
Exactly, I HATE how he's being booked. It's like theyre trying to kill Bryan to get Reigns more over, when they should be trying to get both of them looking good.

1 - 20 of 188 Posts